G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Would you accept this leather defect?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-07-2008, 02:46 AM
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not a defect. It's going to happend no matter what. It's like with a fat chick or person sits on my passenger side G35... Guess what, Theres a huge crease all over the seat, mostly on the bottom bolster area... It fades away after a week or so when rubbing a conditioner on it..

I'm pretty sure that crease will goaway with a conditioner... But it will re-appear when you sit on it...

Old 02-07-2008, 05:36 AM
Originally Posted by DeanOU
Thanks for all your replies. It's great to get everyone's point of view.

After reviewing photos of many other sport seats, this "fold" is obviously a factory defect. I've decided that I would not take delivery of the car unless the part was replaced. It is really too bad since finding a Desert Platinum with nav/sport/premium/tech and rear spoiler is pretty hard.

Dean
Good for you...if everyone had such principles, the manufacturers would have to produce a better quality....!

In the meantime, manufacturers will rely upon most people being willing to take it in the butt and serve up mediocrity.

Old 02-07-2008, 07:54 AM
Originally Posted by DeanOU
. . . After reviewing photos of many other sport seats, this "fold" is obviously a factory defect. I've decided that I would not take delivery of the car unless the part was replaced. It is really too bad since finding a Desert Platinum with nav/sport/premium/tech and rear spoiler is pretty hard.
Dean, I think it is likely that the dealer will promise to replace the seat extension with the fold on it. Negotiate your deal, then make them give you an IOU for the seat part replacement. That's usually standard dealer practice.

It won't cost the dealer anything, since it can bill Infiniti for the part as a warranty repair. And, I don't think it should be used as a part of the negotiation. With the current recession, I've been finding that many dealers are willing to deal.

Hope this helps.

--Rich

Old 02-07-2008, 09:59 AM
If it really bothers you, I am sure the dealer will switch out the thigh bolster piece from the seat. It should be a quick switch out. They would probably switch it out with another car anyway.

Old 02-07-2008, 01:01 PM
I wouldn't let it bother you. I completely understand that you are paying a good chunk of money and theres something that is an eyesore. The problem is, is I think you are going to feel you wasted your time or passed up a good deal because when you actually do receive the/a car, those folds and creases are going to show up within days and there is nothing you can do to stop it.

I have some pretty nice creases on the left side of the driver seat due to normal wear of getting in and out of my car for a year. It bothers the **** out of me but no matter how much I've taken care of the seats (conditioning them once/week) it's still going to show.

I finally just accepted it, especially after looking at other cars with leather seats (my brother's 335i coupe, dad's 550i, mom's audi, etc etc) and they all have similar creasing/folds due to wear.

Old 02-07-2008, 03:22 PM
Mine does NOT look like that at all. That's pretty significant. Although it's no biggy in the grand scheme. Within 6 months your seats will have wear that'll make it less obvious. However, I'm sure the dealer can order that extension piece. Just make a deal on the car at whatever price and once that's been agreed upon say, "Ok now I'm ready to buy but you need to replace this piece"

They can probably get Infiniti to pay that bill. Just get it in writing if you take delivery before they fix it.

Old 02-07-2008, 10:04 PM
Dude, It's under your butt most of the time, I wouldn't give up my car and wait for another car that's gonna be the same way. I'm sure the dealer doesn't mind, now they have another loaded G they can sell on their lot, it's a win/win for them, not for you.

Old 02-08-2008, 09:45 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
for some of you that say that the crease is normal? go outside and take a look at your seat, after 10's of thousands of miles i bet yours doesn't have it. hell, i'll take a pic of my seats and the only creases i see are in the bolsters not in the middle of the seat.