G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Paddle Shifters (on non sport cars)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-13-2008, 12:34 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Paddle Shifters (on non sport cars)

Hey guys just wanted to know what people paid for their after market Paddle Shifters on their 07/ 08 G's without the sport package.

I am looking to do the mod, but wanted to know what a fair price is for the entire package.

Thanks

Old 02-13-2008, 12:39 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Jason@Riverside sold them for around $200. Send a PM to Tony@RiversideInfiniti, he might still offer the same deal for the package.

Old 02-13-2008, 12:59 PM
Do you think they will void any part of the warranty for installing this? I would hate to lose warranty with an OEM part, but someone told me since the car did not come with this part it could affect parts of the steering column??

Old 02-13-2008, 01:17 PM
Originally Posted by princealyy
Do you think they will void any part of the warranty for installing this? I would hate to lose warranty with an OEM part, but someone told me since the car did not come with this part it could affect parts of the steering column??
I don't think it should void your warranty, the only reason I haven't done this mod yet is that I'm worried about screwing up the clockspring or deploying the airbag during the installation.

Old 02-13-2008, 01:37 PM
My dealer is charging me 1/2 hr labor ($69 USD) for the same reason, so I figure for that price it wasnt worth it for me to hassle with it.

Old 02-13-2008, 01:55 PM
My dealer is charging me 1/2 hr labor ($69 USD) for the same reason, so I figure for that price it wasnt worth it for me to hassle with it.
That's it?? 1/2 hour seems fair.

Old 02-13-2008, 02:57 PM
Originally Posted by ChristianN
That's it?? 1/2 hour seems fair.
Ya i was very impressed, and I called Tony too at Riverside and got a good price.

Now the question on if i want it or not

Old 02-13-2008, 02:58 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I spoke with two dealers and Infiniti customer service, they all said it would void warranty. Mostly the airbag...because they say that if airbag doesn't deploy it could be attributed to this. I know they have to "prove" it was the mod that caused it. I haven't found a dealer that will even consider doing it for me, which is what scares me more than anything.

Old 02-13-2008, 03:01 PM
Originally Posted by TheIvoryG
I spoke with two dealers and Infiniti customer service, they all said it would void warranty. Mostly the airbag...because they say that if airbag doesn't deploy it could be attributed to this. I know they have to "prove" it was the mod that caused it. I haven't found a dealer that will even consider doing it for me, which is what scares me more than anything.
THANK YOU!! I just changed my mind, no paddle shifters for me , sorry Tony, I was on the fence about this, but this is exactly what I am worried about, besides I dont even drive fast, it was just to have the shifters there.

I guess Auto mode will be all I get.

Thanks Ivory!

Old 02-14-2008, 12:31 AM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Short of improper installation, what could possibly happen? You are installing OEM parts into OEM harnesses and mounting points using OEM bolts and screws. After installing the paddle shifters, your steering column will be identical, for all intents and purposes, to that of a G35S.

Nothing will happen to your airbag. You are just disconnecting and reconnecting harnesses.

This is, by far, one of the easiest, cheapest, most seamless, and most OEM-like upgrade you can do to your car. I'm also willing to bet 9 out of 10 Infiniti dealer service depts won't even realize the paddle shifters were added to the car. They'll just think they're working on a G35 that has the stock paddle shifters.

Old 02-14-2008, 09:03 AM
I've brought my car into service twice since I put on the paddle shifters and neither times did they say anything. I brought it in once for an oil change and another time to get my headlights replaced....

It's a very simple install, the hardest part was taking off the two torx screws, and it was only hard b/c i was using a screwdriver with the torx head and i couldn't get enough torque, but i switched it to a ratchet with the torx bit and it came off with ease.... As for as the clock spring goes, it really won't spin around UNLESS you make it. For reassurance, you can put some blue tape to hold it still. I did it all myself with no help and didn't have a problem with it moving....

Old 02-14-2008, 09:08 AM
Just got an email from the service dept, and was told this will not affect (or effect, never know the difference) as long as infiniti installs it, and 69 to install?? not bad to me!

Thanks for all the help, anyone in Dallas need an install??

PM me if your in dallas.

Old 02-14-2008, 03:02 PM
Just got an email from the service dept, and was told this will not affect (or effect, never know the difference) as long as infiniti installs it, and 69 to install?? not bad to me!

Thanks for all the help, anyone in Dallas need an install??

PM me if your in dallas.
Goes to show you how wildly policies vary between service departments... some dealers wouldn't touch this, and apparently others will do it and will do it cheaply too.

This is barely a 1/2 hour job though, so I'm surprised that they didn't quote you for 2 hours trying to rip you off on the labor. Make sure you check and they don't want you to buy the parts from them, probably at a premium.

Because if there's one thing I've NEVER heard of is a dealer installing parts that you just bring in off the street.

Old 02-14-2008, 03:24 PM
I bought by paddle shifters from Jason @ Riverside, brought the box of parts into my Infiniti Dealer's service department, and asked them to install it for me. They did it w/o hesitation (charged me $115 for 1hour labor tho). It may be b/c I am friendly with the guys in there (the service dept is across the street from my office), I dunno. But I'm happy with the results, that's for sure.

Old 02-14-2008, 05:15 PM
Actually I sent me dealer the DYI link from this site, and he said 69 dollars... also he knows I am getting it from another dealer.

I would never do the upgrade but he wrote it in the email that it will not effect the warranty, if they come back and deny it, i have the email, and now the dealer is paying for the repairs since it was documented before I did the service

VERY NICE GUYS!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Paddle Shifters (on non sport cars)