G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Will my car be totaled?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-02-2008, 07:11 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Will my car be totaled?

Hey guys i need advice/ opinions. I was involved in an accident that was not my fault. I have geico and the person that hit me has allstate. Car acccident two days ago. Car spun me into a barrier twice once in front and once in rear. airbags deployed on passenger side seat and in ceiling (front and rear) scratches on 3 rims. front of car was pushed in and my hood is misaligned and wont open neither will my drivers door. if you pop the trunk the metal from the right side rear collision is pushed in against my doughnut. the entire car has scratchs and i believe will all have to be pained (except the rough) rear and front bumbers are destroyed. the alignment is messed up and exaust muflers both smashed in.ps this is the g35 sport. thanks for any advice!!! my concern is that my car with 17k on it is only 8 months old and even if all is repaired it will never drive as it did. please see pics....

Attached Thumbnails Will my car be totaled?-photo.jpg   Will my car be totaled?-photo1.jpg   Will my car be totaled?-photo3.jpg  
Old 03-02-2008, 07:15 PM
i say total. make u sure u talk to the ones in charge at geico, don't talk to those useless answering drones.

Old 03-02-2008, 07:17 PM
more

more

Attached Thumbnails Will my car be totaled?-photo.jpg   Will my car be totaled?-photo2.jpg   Will my car be totaled?-photo3.jpg  
Old 03-02-2008, 07:17 PM
Originally Posted by ssramadan
Hey guys i need advice/ opinions. I was involved in an accident that was not my fault. I have geico and the person that hit me has allstate. Car acccident two days ago. Car spun me into a barrier twice once in front and once in rear. airbags deployed on passenger side seat and in ceiling (front and rear) scratches on 3 rims. front of car was pushed in and my hood is misaligned and wont open neither will my drivers door. if you pop the trunk the metal from the right side rear collision is pushed in against my doughnut. the entire car has scratchs and i believe will all have to be pained (except the rough) rear and front bumbers are destroyed. the alignment is messed up and exaust muflers both smashed in.ps this is the g35 sport. thanks for any advice!!! my concern is that my car with 17k on it is only 8 months old and even if all is repaired it will never drive as it did. please see pics....

Sorry to hear about your accident. Hope no one was hurt. Seems totalled to me.

Old 03-02-2008, 07:25 PM
actully it was a intresting story....snowing slushy on the ground...i was doing 40mph (on all seasons not summer and a 300zx crasdhed into a barrier and cliped my drivers rear sedning my into a 360 crashing front right and then finaly rear into the barrier. the car pulls over (its 11pm) and 10 mins later drives off. (i was against the barrier blocking the left hand lane, my drivers door wont open so im stuck. after 5 mins a state trooper comes and he proceeds to write up a hit and run report. he wants me off the highway so he gives me a lift to a truck stop 2 miles down the road 35 mins later. as we enter the rest area we see a banged up 300zx. The state trooper immdiatly pulls over and grills the driver till he admits to hitting a white car. police report changed to his fault.....excellent work my the trooper and very lucky for me.....

Old 03-02-2008, 08:12 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
wow.. that is an interesting story.. why did he run away in the first place if he had an insurance? was he drunk? that is so stupid of him..

Old 03-02-2008, 08:19 PM
Received 66 Likes on 40 Posts
damn im glad your okie!..least you caught that hitandrun bastard!! =]..hope everything goes well for you

Old 03-02-2008, 08:22 PM
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Damn that sucks.

Glad you're okay though. I hope you get all the money you need to get a new one or something.

Old 03-02-2008, 08:26 PM
your car will only be "totaled" if the insurance company determines that the cost of repair execeeds the value of the car. Therein lies the problem, you don't make that determination, the insurance company does.

Old 03-02-2008, 08:36 PM
a.k.a kleicoupe
Looks like you need alot of repair work.

Front bumper.
Hood
Grill
Headlight
Taillight(s)
Trunk
Exhaust
Front 1/4's
Rear 1/4's.
Airbags.
Driver Door
Passenger Door.
Trunk Well
Wheels
Mabe suspension
Crash bar(s)
Airbag sensors
Countless screws/clips/bolts.

All of those parts would neet to be either replaced, painted, or realigned to make the car go back to the way it was pre-accident. I would say you have a pretty good shot at having the car totaled.

If they don't total the car make sure they reapair/replace everything with OEM parts, nothing less.

Also make sure you go to a good shop, IP can be a biach to color match.

But I doubt you will have to worry about repairs, I would push to total the car.

Old 03-02-2008, 08:38 PM
teamsolo.net im-integline
wow. hopefully its a total losss. it will never be the same to you or drive teh same after this. very sorry

Old 03-02-2008, 08:40 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Think MAybe that car is tottaled! Looks like front end has some Sway to the Left. that's why you can't open your door or hood. And the rear looks like a new Floor, Qtr Panel. Suspension. Air Bags, Rims. Kind of hard to tell, but if the rear or front Frame is bent really bad, then Might be a tottal!! I work at a Body Shop, and seen similar cars to your get fixed! But got to tear down the car to really tell if it's Repairable. So just wait and see. Glad you came out safely. But if it's a loss, Time to get another G!

Last edited by 808MIKE; 03-02-2008 at 08:42 PM.
Old 03-02-2008, 10:01 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
totalled

Old 03-02-2008, 10:27 PM
Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts
that looks totaled

Old 03-02-2008, 11:01 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Looks bad! Hope you have gap insurance!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Will my car be totaled?