G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Something is rolling around IN my car! Can anyone help??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-09-2008, 06:29 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Something is rolling around IN my car! Can anyone help??

Something is ROLLING around inside the cabin of my '08 G35X! It's either in the passenger-side rear door OR in the rear decklid. When a make a tight turn I can hear it ROLLING to the opposite side. I have not yet had a chance to get in the back seat while someone else drives or visa versa yet to isolate it.

Has anyone else had this problem that something may have "come-lose" (after all of 2000 miles!!!!!!!!!!) OR have I just hit the UNLUCKY LOTERY???

Thanks in advance for any help & insight!!!!

Old 03-09-2008, 07:06 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
that's the pinball they inserted at purchase and if you can flick it over the beams in your door and through the tiny hole into your engine you get a big "kerplunk!" and win a brand old broken engine =D

Old 03-10-2008, 11:36 AM
Marbles?

Old 03-10-2008, 11:39 AM
I HAD THIS EXACT SAME PROBLEM with my new G35X!!!

I brought it back in and the service manager said it could be broken glass from the factory (he said sometimes glass can break and fall in the interior of the car beneath all the carpeting)...well, once they hoisted it on the lift they found some small rocks in a protective pan.

They had the nerve to ask me if I had taken my new car "off road"! Can't tell you where those rocks came from as my car had 5 miles on it when I took delivery but the good news is: it was an easy fix.

Good luck, - tell them to look in that protective pan that is underneath the car!

Old 03-10-2008, 01:51 PM
I was able to isolate it. It is definately in the rear deck lid!

I was also able to isolate the slight vibration sound I have been getting from the rear passenger area from day one. It's the inoperable piece of glass on the rear passenger door.

Has anyone else had this malady?

Last edited by tabs31; 03-10-2008 at 02:42 PM.
Old 03-10-2008, 02:16 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I have a similar sound coming from over my right shoulder as I accelerate. At first, I thought it might be those York Peppermint Patty Bites: Something is rolling around IN my car! Can anyone help??-mints.jpg that my wife spilled slightly after I purchased the car. Sounds like something is rolling around! Drives me crazy. Can't find it. So, I blast the SOW to compensate.

Old 01-20-2009, 03:05 PM
I have this rolling sound too whenever I accelerate or stop quickly - rolls forwards and backwards. About to take it to the dealership. Anyone got any solutions to this issue?

I have an 07 G35S with 17k miles now. Started about 2k miles ago.

Old 01-20-2009, 03:23 PM
Moderation-free
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by tabs31
I was able to isolate it. It is definately in the rear deck lid!

I was also able to isolate the slight vibration sound I have been getting from the rear passenger area from day one. It's the inoperable piece of glass on the rear passenger door.

Has anyone else had this malady?
Think there's a TSB for that piece of glass, although it's supposed to be for wind noise. Depending on your dealer, you could probably get that fix done.

Old 01-20-2009, 03:48 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Which glass? From the Sunroof?

Old 01-20-2009, 05:06 PM
I sometimes put change in those two little slots next to the latch in the center console and on quick turns that sh*t goes FLYING!

I have no idea where though, I can't figure out if it stays inside the bin or goes onto the floor.... oh well, thats why i usually keep my change in the ash tray

Old 01-21-2009, 10:13 AM
Originally Posted by popcornten
I sometimes put change in those two little slots next to the latch in the center console and on quick turns that sh*t goes FLYING!

I have no idea where though, I can't figure out if it stays inside the bin or goes onto the floor.... oh well, thats why i usually keep my change in the ash tray

haha same thing happened to me last night

Old 01-22-2009, 03:17 PM
I had a rolling sound coming from the passenger side - sounded like a metal bal rolling. It does not sound all the time. After reading several posts and trying to take my car appart, I took it to the dealer.

The dealer - Warren Henry of Davie, Florida - took my car, gave me a loaner and washed my car - ZERO CHARGE!!!!

At the end it was a AAA battery lodged underneath the passenger seat inside the vents. It took 10 minutes for the tech to figure it out.

It was driving me nuts but now I am noise free!

Old 01-22-2009, 03:24 PM
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
I have the same problem on my 07 G35. The sound is coming from the passenger side exactly like the others described. At first, I thought is it the coolant bottle in my trunk but now my trunk is empty and the sound is still there. I have no idea what the heck is going on on the passenger side. Absolutely no loose parts like *****, battery, or whatever in my car. I keep my car clean and clear so it must be something inside the door or the side skirt which is making this noise.
Please inform us if anyone here find out what is making the noise.

Old 01-22-2009, 03:25 PM
Believe when when I tell you that my car is immaculate - never anything extra. I was very surprised that is was a battery loose there. Maybe some passenger I took dropped it. Try to look for the simple things first.

Old 01-24-2009, 01:22 AM
rolling noise

I have the same kind of rolling noise in my car. Did anyone figure out what is causing this?

Thanks

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Something is rolling around IN my car! Can anyone help??