Rate Thread

Old 03-11-2008, 03:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question G35S Lease Good/Bad?

Here are the details:
g35s 6mt black/black
premium, nav.

$480/month (nj tax included)
$2K drive off. first/bank fee 595 license fees ect.... (im sure some cap cost reduction)

24 months
18K Miles a year...

Old 03-11-2008, 03:12 PM
The only thing that I didn't go w/ the lease because i actually want to MOD my car, if you happy with the stock and mileage restriction go for it.

BTW, your lease looks pretty good imo.

Old 03-11-2008, 06:46 PM
Seems reasonable. By $2k drive off you mean $2k down + first month payment and $595 license or, $2,000 at dealer which covers first month and you're out the door. If so, then VERY good deal.

Old 03-11-2008, 09:01 PM
no 2k at dealer...

Old 03-12-2008, 01:56 PM
You don't specify MSRP or Lease Cap amount and lease factor or residual. You can't tell if it is a good deal without all of the information.

I just purchased a G35x with premium, nav, technology, splash guards, cargo net, Sport wheels and msrp of $41,025, lease factor .00142, residual .70, 15k miles per year 24 month lease and driveaway $599 out of pocket and monthly lease pmt of $551 including sales tax.

Old 03-12-2008, 02:20 PM
Originally Posted by barjohn
You don't specify MSRP or Lease Cap amount and lease factor or residual. You can't tell if it is a good deal without all of the information.

I just purchased a G35x with premium, nav, technology, splash guards, cargo net, Sport wheels and msrp of $41,025, lease factor .00142, residual .70, 15k miles per year 24 month lease and driveaway $599 out of pocket and monthly lease pmt of $551 including sales tax.
Actually although you always want to know those details, you can tell what's a good deal by simply looking at the lease payment.

In this case, his drive off is $2k. Figure $480 of that is the first month's payment. Hence it's $1,500 + $480 / month. That car probably stickers for $38k or so. I know without any other detail and by seeing other lease deals posted on here as well as knowing my own lease that it's a good deal. Let's just roll the $1,520 into the 24 payments. That's $63.33 per payment he's saving by paying that up front and not rolling it in. In fact it'd be more since there's a money factor of some sort, but even with that, let's say it's $75 per month.

That puts it at roughly equivalent to $555 / month with 0 down. The fact that this is an 18k / year and only 24 months makes that a pretty good deal. It seems most of the 0 down camp here is into the $6xx's on longer leases.

I don't know the condition of the car, maybe it has 500+ miles on it already but assuming it's a $38k NEW car, $555/month seems good to me.

Old 03-12-2008, 02:21 PM
Also a good deal. Did the $599 include the first payment?

Old 03-12-2008, 02:42 PM
more info.... 35 miles on it. sport 6mt with prem., nav and splash guards....

Old 03-12-2008, 02:51 PM
Originally Posted by BrianV
Also a good deal. Did the $599 include the first payment?
Yes, plus some taxes. The lease acquisition fee & registration were rolled into the lease.

By, the way, I didn't say the first deal posted was a bad deal (it looked good) I just said that by not knowing more, it was difficult to say. I couldn't tell what kind of discount from MSRP he received (I paid Invoice) but I knew I could have gotten it for below invoice if I had pushed the deal harder; however, in long term business relationships I prefer to leave a little money on the table, subtly let the other party know that I know I am leaving a little money on the table but expect superior customer service. It usually pays off when I have a problem (if I do) down the road. They know I didn't do it from stupidity or lack of knowledge and thus they owe me a little extra. Just a personal business practice, I don't expect everyone to follow it.

P.S. Mine was a new 2008.

Old 03-12-2008, 03:51 PM
Yes, plus some taxes. The lease acquisition fee & registration were rolled into the lease.

By, the way, I didn't say the first deal posted was a bad deal (it looked good) I just said that by not knowing more, it was difficult to say. I couldn't tell what kind of discount from MSRP he received (I paid Invoice) but I knew I could have gotten it for below invoice if I had pushed the deal harder; however, in long term business relationships I prefer to leave a little money on the table, subtly let the other party know that I know I am leaving a little money on the table but expect superior customer service. It usually pays off when I have a problem (if I do) down the road. They know I didn't do it from stupidity or lack of knowledge and thus they owe me a little extra. Just a personal business practice, I don't expect everyone to follow it.

P.S. Mine was a new 2008.
Wow. I can't imagine they would give a crap if you come back. In my experience sales is sales, service is service. Not to say you can't have good service. By all means plenty of car companies have good service. I just don't think they care what you "left on the table". The will treat you the same no matter what.

Glad I read this post. I got a GREAT lease deal!!! 08 g35x with preimuim, 2k total out of pocket, 36 months lease, they made my last lease payment. $433 a month.
I also got some equity out of my last lease that was traded in on this car.

No way would I pay in the $5##'s for this car.

Old 03-12-2008, 05:52 PM
Well, the before taxes amount was $509. However, that is with only the first month's lease payment out of pocket. If I had added another $1,600 down, my payment would have been about $74 less for a fully loaded car (only items not there are sport package and 4 way steering).

However, as a business deal, money up front is not a good deal. Have an accident and you just lost it. Especially on a 24 month lease, you just increased their yield because they have that money up front to prepay depreciation.

Old 03-12-2008, 06:15 PM
Originally Posted by mossman
Wow. I can't imagine they would give a crap if you come back. In my experience sales is sales, service is service. Not to say you can't have good service. By all means plenty of car companies have good service. I just don't think they care what you "left on the table". The will treat you the same no matter what.

Glad I read this post. I got a GREAT lease deal!!! 08 g35x with preimuim, 2k total out of pocket, 36 months lease, they made my last lease payment. $433 a month.
I also got some equity out of my last lease that was traded in on this car.

No way would I pay in the $5##'s for this car.
Well, if took that $2,000 out of pocket and spread it across your 36 months of lease (i.e. no $ out of pocket), your monthly payment would effectively be $490. and you don't have the navi or tech package. if you did have those gems, then you'd be in the $5##'s.

i've seen a ton of crazy lease offers posted on this board recently, seems like it's getting better for buyers. i got my 07 g sport w/ prem and nav a few months after the vehicle launched, so i got a sh*tty deal in comparison. i put no $ down, at a 39mo term, 12K/yr at $581/mo payment (incl tax). and this was at VPP pricing.

Old 03-12-2008, 10:16 PM
As an informative note, remember that money up front is always worth more than money at the end or later. I don't have Infinity experience, but many vendors like BMW will let you out of the lease up to 90 days early if you lease another new vehicle. So getting the last payment maybe a meaningless gesture. Get the first month paid, it is worth more and you are guaranteed to get it.

Old 03-22-2008, 08:17 AM
I'm trying to decide if I'm most likely to buy the car at the end of the lease, it it makes more sense to lease for 24 months rather than 36months? I was thinking the shorter the better if you're most likely to buy.

Old 03-22-2008, 10:08 AM
Here is the major question you will need to ask yourself. What is the car's real value at the end of the lease (not the residual value of the lease). With Infiniti offering 70% to 72% residuals on their 24 month leases, it means that they are most likely heavily subsidizing the lease. Blackbook lease residual for the car is around 60%. This means that at the end of the lease the residual is probably a minimum of 10% higher than the car is actually worth (Kelly Bluebook wholesale) in in cities like L.A. or the surrounding areas, most cars go for below KBB at auction.

Therefore, at lease end you have to ask yourself, am I willing to pay 10 to 15 % more than the wholesale value of this car? You can try and negotiate down with the leasing company but most of them won't budge from the residual. On a 36 month you are paying for more of the depreciation and the residual will be lower but the difference in payment may be negligible because of the greater depreciation.

If your objective in leasing was to keep your payments lower than they would have been on a purchase, you may now find yourself with higher payments when you refinance your residual balance because you will be paying used car interest rates.

With dealers offering very low interest rate financing on their new cars you are probably better off buying up front if that is your intent.

I hope this information helps you.

John

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: G35S Lease Good/Bad?