G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

G37 sedan fuel economy?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-17-2008, 09:31 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Again do we know for sure if the G37 sedan will be available in 09???
I'm more interested in the better gas milage.
Thanks.

Old 03-17-2008, 09:48 PM
Originally Posted by gugarci
Again do we know for sure if the G37 sedan will be available in 09???
I'm more interested in the better gas milage.
Thanks.
Same here. Unfortunately we won't know until the car comes out. Hopefully more info will come out at the New York Auto Show......

Old 03-17-2008, 10:40 PM
Thanks. Sorry for the double post.

Old 03-18-2008, 05:35 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
okay here's logic...if they're coming out with the '09 g37 sedan in europe why wouldn't they bring it to the states? put 2 and 2 together...you don't get jello

Old 03-18-2008, 06:21 PM
Wei
just because something came out in other markets like europe or japan doesn't mean it'll come out here...
but i hope it does

Old 03-18-2008, 06:43 PM
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by ugaexploder
okay here's logic...if they're coming out with the '09 g37 sedan in europe why wouldn't they bring it to the states? put 2 and 2 together...you don't get jello

Remember that Nissan doesn't give us the G25 from Japan, so it's not going to bring the same models into all markets. But with the 335i getting a lot of fanfare these days, I wouldn't be surprised to see the G37 Sedan in North America in '09 to target BMW.

Old 03-18-2008, 07:36 PM
true I do understand that Nissan didn't give us the 4 banger G, but then you have to ask yourself will American consumers even buy a 4 cylinder luxury car?.....very few. We're talking about the same consumers where the japanese companies had to create "fake" markets in order to sell their vehicles. By fake markets I do mean infiniti, acura, and lexus which are all based out of the states. So you really can't say just because they didn't give us a less powerful car as an option they won't give us a more powerful and more desirable car...because they probably will. sure it's all speculation, but I don't think Nissan would favor one country and ONLY one country...that's just plain illogical

Old 03-18-2008, 07:39 PM
Wei
well even higher end stuff doesn't come here like the old skylines, accord/civic type r's, aristo/soarer (gs300/sc300 with twin turbo supra engines),

who knows what these corporate honchos are thinking...

Old 03-18-2008, 07:44 PM
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
true I do understand that Nissan didn't give us the 4 banger G, but then you have to ask yourself will American consumers even buy a 4 cylinder luxury car?.....very few.
Uh... the G25 has a 2.5L V6 engine.

We're talking about the same consumers where the japanese companies had to create "fake" markets in order to sell their vehicles. By fake markets I do mean infiniti, acura, and lexus which are all based out of the states.
It's not "fake". It's called "expanding into new market segments". Read your Marketing 101 textbook over again. There's a test next week.

So you really can't say just because they didn't give us a less powerful car as an option they won't give us a more powerful and more desirable car...because they probably will. sure it's all speculation, but I don't think Nissan would favor one country and ONLY one country...that's just plain illogical
It's not "favoritism". It's putting the right product in the right market, and creating a brand strategy to address your competitors in each market. That's not even Marketing 201 stuff yet.

Old 03-18-2008, 07:45 PM
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
just how europe gets a 2.0L s2000 and we get a 2.2L....

different market, different car.

Old 03-18-2008, 07:48 PM
Originally Posted by 350Zed

It's not "fake". It's called "expanding into new market segments". Read your Marketing 101 textbook over again. There's a test next week.

It's not "favoritism". It's putting the right product in the right market, and creating a brand strategy to address your competitors in each market. That's not even Marketing 201 stuff yet.
marketing, is that what you have a degree in? must've been real tough.

Old 03-18-2008, 07:51 PM
so you're saying the biggest MARKET for cars in the world doesn't have any room for a 7spd tranny g37 sedan? am i missing something here or are you just in the mood to prove someone wrong tonight?

Last edited by ugaexploder; 03-18-2008 at 07:57 PM.
Old 03-18-2008, 08:38 PM
I would personally like to see the VQ25HR make its way to North America. After all who wouldn't like to get 38 mpg? Granted, it's not 300+ hp but I'm sure it will be fine most of the time with 225 bhp and 194 lb-ft. And if someone engineers a proper twin turbo setup you can probably get the hp up there and still get better mileage (at least on the highway):

http://www.autobloggreen.com/2007/03...world-driving/

Old 03-18-2008, 08:41 PM
so you're saying the biggest MARKET for cars in the world doesn't have any room for a 7spd tranny g37 sedan? am i missing something here or are you just in the mood to prove someone wrong tonight?
Originally Posted by 320ZD
Quote:
true I do understand that Nissan didn't give us the 4 banger G, but then you have to ask yourself will American consumers even buy a 4 cylinder luxury car?.....very few.

Quote:
We're talking about the same consumers where the japanese companies had to create "fake" markets in order to sell their vehicles. By fake markets I do mean infiniti, acura, and lexus which are all based out of the states.

Quote:
So you really can't say just because they didn't give us a less powerful car as an option they won't give us a more powerful and more desirable car...because they probably will. sure it's all speculation, but I don't think Nissan would favor one country and ONLY one country...that's just plain illogical

Guys; don't bother trying to figure out the marketing strategy of Nissan/Infiniti. You'll only end up with a MAJOR migraine.

Old 03-18-2008, 08:42 PM
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Mr_Ryte
Guys; don't bother trying to figure out the marketing strategy of Nissan/Infiniti. You'll only end up with a MAJOR migraine.
What he said....

Look at their past TV ads if you want to see what I mean...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: G37 sedan fuel economy?