G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Truth behind 30k service check

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-20-2008, 08:25 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Truth behind 30k service check

So i went into Infiniti the other day to get my wind noise checked out on the driver + passenger window and while the guy was fixing it i inquired to him about the 30k service program for my car. Ive known this guy since i bought my car and hes pretty cool..so we have a cool relationship and we chat whenever i go in for anything. Basically the convo went like this:

-Hey im at 31k right now and i really dont wanna get gouged by Inifniti for 800$ on the 30k service...is there anything that i really need?

-Well you have staggard wheels so there is no rotation (factory wheels are the same)....you have intakes so we wont replace the air filters...and you obviously get oil changes somewhere else (he never sees my car in the shop for that) so basically we would only check fluid levels and replace the in cabin micro air filter....which is not a big deal....so yea you might wanna skip the 30k check up.

Thank you!

Im not gonna say who and which dealership but i just wanted to shed some light into the people who are asking about this. They dont replace your brake pads under this check up or replace worn tires. So unless you cant buy your own replaceable airfilters/wipers/check ur own tire pressure and fluid levels then you are pretty much wasting your money......and its alot of money IMO.

Now given this is every car company and its nothing new to the average car owner but im just referring to 2007/2008 infiniti g35 sedans 30k service plan

Old 03-20-2008, 08:41 AM
The goblin resurrection

Received 187 Likes on 95 Posts
Congrats on not getting raped Juan

Old 03-20-2008, 08:43 AM
just letting all the people on here know whats up...there have been alot of threads asking if its worth it.

Old 03-20-2008, 08:52 AM
Received 80 Likes on 65 Posts
Honda Accord
I better start working on my car, too. lol I'm just so damn lazy. haha

I can at least do engine oil, filters, and fluid checks.... oh wait, aren't they what the stealers do anyway?

Old 03-20-2008, 03:03 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My dealer said the exact same thing when I went in for the 15K, he said don't bother.. just do the air filter & cabin filter at 30K... I had them do both at 15K and will have both at 30K.

He said they could bill me an hour of labor if I wanted to have them do a mechanical inspection, i.e. suspension, steering, etc..

But the rest is included in the oil changes, i.e. brakes, fluids, etc...

And he said diff/tranny oil is too soon at 30K for our cars... wait till 50K

He said they recommending doing 1 big inspection before warranty comes up and that is really all that's necessary.

Old 03-20-2008, 03:06 PM
Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts
Good info Juan, thanks for posting that up.

Old 03-20-2008, 03:59 PM
This is true for just about every car, anything that says 'Inspect' should be avoided. If you really want, just go in and pay ala'carte for anything that actually gets done (rotations, fluid changes, etc.). Don't let them inspect crap. Have the stuff gets inspected when the oil is changed anyways.

Old 03-20-2008, 04:10 PM
How do the 15/30K inspections affect warranty? Can they get you on not doing the service checks if you try to claim something on warranty later?

Old 03-20-2008, 06:22 PM
Originally Posted by TheIvoryG
How do the 15/30K inspections affect warranty? Can they get you on not doing the service checks if you try to claim something on warranty later?
No, one cannot void a warranty without proving you did something wrong. YMMV, but I've never had my cars ever serviced for maintenance at a dealer and I've never been turned down on warranty either.

Inspect doesn't mean anything either. Infiniti couldn't prove your brakes failed because you didn't have them inspected. Now if you didn't change your engine oil and after 20k miles your engine, dies, then they could probably conclude that your engine died because of neglect, but inspecting is not entirely preventative.

100 miles before my 350Z warranty was up, and it had never been to the dealer, I had the following fixed under warranty:

- New convertible top ($3,500) due to poor stitching
- New shock since one was blown
- New BOSE headset since every once in a while the right side speakers would stop

If you get any resistance, just write Infiniti Consumer Affairs.

Old 03-21-2008, 12:01 AM
my service mgr said at 30k they flush all fluids... i dont mind doing just that, everything else can wait...

opinions?

Old 03-21-2008, 12:04 AM
i think that goes for all year since 2003 lol

Old 03-21-2008, 09:58 AM
Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts
My maintainence booklet says you don't do much until the 60k service. Until then it's just oil, filters, inspecting things and tires. Once I hit 60k I'll get it all done, but not at the dealer.

Old 03-21-2008, 12:30 PM
Originally Posted by UltimateGee27
So i went into Infiniti the other day to get my wind noise checked out on the driver + passenger window and while the guy was fixing it i inquired to him about the 30k service program for my car. Ive known this guy since i bought my car and hes pretty cool..so we have a cool relationship and we chat whenever i go in for anything. Basically the convo went like this:

-Hey im at 31k right now and i really dont wanna get gouged by Inifniti for 800$ on the 30k service...is there anything that i really need?

-Well you have staggard wheels so there is no rotation (factory wheels are the same)....you have intakes so we wont replace the air filters...and you obviously get oil changes somewhere else (he never sees my car in the shop for that) so basically we would only check fluid levels and replace the in cabin micro air filter....which is not a big deal....so yea you might wanna skip the 30k check up.

Thank you!

Im not gonna say who and which dealership but i just wanted to shed some light into the people who are asking about this. They dont replace your brake pads under this check up or replace worn tires. So unless you cant buy your own replaceable airfilters/wipers/check ur own tire pressure and fluid levels then you are pretty much wasting your money......and its alot of money IMO.

Now given this is every car company and its nothing new to the average car owner but im just referring to 2007/2008 infiniti g35 sedans 30k service plan

@UltimateG

Did you get your wind noise on driver/passenger side fixed? I had mine looked into it and they said it should be ok now, drove out from dealer and hit 60, there the damn noise again. It's not that loud but I buy an Infiniti not a civic so I'm going to have them fix it again.

Problem is my schedule is so tight and barely time to do this thing. Anyway, if you get it fixs, please let me know "HOW" they did it because I hate going back for 4-5 times.

cheers.

Old 03-23-2008, 05:40 PM
30k mile service is rape. BUT! You might want them to do some of the work.

Reason is because if anything were to happen to your motor, you can always point it back to the dealer showing them the receipts that they did the work.

I myself only paid them to do the Tranny oil change, Radiator flush, and Rear Diff. oil change. It came out to be about 300 from Nissan Dealer. I bought the air filter, incabin filter, myself and changed them. I also did my own oil change.

Old 03-23-2008, 06:08 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
good stuff juan! they replaced both my rear window seals around the outer and inner edges of my windows...took me 5 visits and some scratched tints tho! lemme know if ya need help with the in-cabin filter. might wanna look into the charcoal filter