G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Convince me not to buy A G35x

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-26-2008, 03:23 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
- I hate the pain I've developed in my neck from constantly looking back at my G after I park and get out.

- I hate having to walk a few hundred extra feet when I go to the store, because I'm sure not going to park "next" to any car.

- I hate that I have spent so much time babying it. In less than 2 months - Hand washed it 5 times; Full-sevice washed 8-10 times, and waxed 3 times.

- I hated having a MILF tell me she looooovvveeed my car when I was at the carwash this week. She kept asking me question after question, telling me she's been trying to get her husband to buy one for himself.

- I hate the superior feeling that comes over me when I get in, press the ignition button, and the seat adjust just for me, just for me.....

- I hate that I'm going to have to give up my G when my lease is up in 37 months and 9 days (but I should be able to get a sweet deal on a 2011)

- I hate that I didn't buy one sooner.

Last edited by Joe Bass; 03-26-2008 at 03:29 PM.
Old 03-26-2008, 04:06 PM
I hate that I don't have more time to drive it.

Old 03-26-2008, 05:32 PM
Things I don’t like about the G35:

1. The gas mileage with rising gas prices.

2. The f**king road noise you hear in the cabin. A Honda Accord has a quieter cabin.

3. The toe room in the back.

4. The speed sensitive steering.

I haven't driven it enough really to find anything else. It’s manly my wife’s car she drives it to work everyday. I have a company vehicle I drive everyday. But the few times I have drove it I really like the power output and the handling except the speed sensitive steering.

Old 03-27-2008, 01:18 AM
I hate how you can't transfer mp3 files to the Music Box hard drive.

I hate how they limit the Compact Flash slot to just 512 songs.

I hate that my '07 had no direct iPod integration (not relevant to '08's).

I hate the integrated fog lights. I prefer conventional fog lights mounted in the lower front bumper.

I hate the small trunk opening.

I hate the smallish stock 17" wheels.

I hate the hard to reach seat adjustment levers.

Pretty much what I dislike about my '07 G35x, is not waiting for the '08 G35xS. I was thinking that any Sport edition of this car would be too stiff for my liking. Not until I drove around in my friends '08 G37S, I realized it isn't that bad. Plus the seats are so much better too.

But despite all this, I still love G.

So if you're going to get a G35x, get an '08+ and the S.

Old 03-27-2008, 08:25 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Poor MPG
Acceleration is not linear as a BMW.
Lacking rain sensors

That's all I can think of.

Old 03-27-2008, 10:20 AM
I hate how the AC turns on (can not turn off) when you recycle air.

Old 03-27-2008, 10:41 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
not enough power sometimes...get the 135i

Old 03-27-2008, 11:27 AM
my only real gripe about the G in general is the gas mileage. my social conscience is really getting to me whenever I like at the MPG gauge

Real world mileage of the 335 and IS350 are 10-15% better than the G's.

Otherwise, my only argument to you is, don't buy a G35x. Get a G35S instead and get snow tires . RWD is oh so much fun

Old 03-27-2008, 11:33 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I was debating between the IS250 and the G35X. The IS has NO power. I probably would have bought an IS350 if it came in AWD, but no dice. Love the G35X, except for some soft rattles from the dash area.

Old 03-27-2008, 12:29 PM
Another big concern for me is the fact the the g35x doesn't come with the 6MT. I don't want RWD because winters can be harsh and I don't trust myself. I really want the 6MT though.

Old 03-27-2008, 02:20 PM
Originally Posted by CalsonicVQ
My biggest pet peeve about the car is the annoying sounds. Rattling from the rear driver's side window, tapping from the dash, tapping from the steering column, buzzing from the passenger seat belt area. Worst is that when I brought it into service, the sounds didn't appear that day. ARGH!
hmm.. I personally haven't had too many 'noise' problems, but I do have a couple of things I hate about the car.

DISCLAIMER: I love this car and will be keeping it for many years to come (I intend to invest 30k+ into it). The driving experience is actually ridiculous, the perfect mix of aggressiveness and civility, youth and experience.. I love it. Next is the musical experience of the car: the many different options the car gives u make music listening alot easier and more enjoyable, though I mostly just use the MusicDrive: best invention in the history of radios in cars. That said:

-I hate the leather on this car. I have stone interior, which is nice, but the leather on the seats is not as durable as that on the FXs or even the older Gs... it's just a "soft" leather, which means it's comfortable and nice to touch but will start flexing and even a little wrinkling.. not a huge deal but definitely a concern.
-I hate the floor mats. the 'Stone' floor mats are horrible: mine are so dirty they definitely look like they came black from the factory. And I've washed and shampooed mine several times to no avail. So even if you get stone or beige interior, get black floor mats.
-I hate the plastic, there's no excuse for it in a $40k car. The plastic on the door handles gets scratched up really easily.
-the paint could be way better: I've simply seen no other car that has as soft paint as the g35: my black car was soo swirlmarked by the first 4 months.. I invested in a portercable and zaino protection and it's doing alot better but after 4 months my car looked like a 5 year old car. note that i always parked it outside, in the sun poor thing
-the car could, and should, be louder. I dont know why they castrated the current 07 sedan vs. the older coupes... the latter sound way better idling and in the low rpms, but i am very addicted to the raspy roar the car makes under WOT.
-after market support: there really aren't enough bodykits, engine mods, etc for this car.. and it's been a long *** while. I'm definitely disappointed from that regard.
-I also hate that the new sedan will be faster...

so that's an honest list of most of what I think is wrong with this car. I definitely disagree with some other peoples' criticisms so I'm sure others will disagree with mine. for example, I find the trunk more than large enough, the backroom more than comfortable enough, and the cabin not unbearably noisy.

Also, I am a little sickened when this car is compared to acura rls/tls/whateverthefk. This car is genuinely a premium vehicle, by looks alone comparing it to an acura is like comparing an F22 with a worldwar2 plane. Makes me shudder that people even considered those pos's.

Subarus?? evos?? PASSATT?????? please get OUT OF HERE WITH THAT SH*T. I wouldn't be caught dead in any of those cars yet I wear my G with pride. I personally considered the following:

-07 G35
-07 BMW 335
-07 Lexus IS350
-04 Cadillac CTS-V
-03-4 BMW 535
..those are the major ones. I test-drove all of them, and while I loved the way the bmw handled, the coupe is just TOO SMALL OF A CAR: parked next to each other it looks like the g35 could give birth to the 335ci. The sedan is absolutely disgusting, I, again, wouldn't be caught dead in it. Not with those nasty taillights (WHAT WAS BMW THINKING).

I would really consider the new C350, though it's slow as sh*t, the new cadillac CTS even though it's american, and the A4, even though it's going to be replaced soon and is just too conservative. The IS350 is an inferior car: I really did like it more than the infiniti to start but it drives like a boat (a FAST boat), and the backseat is such a joke it's almost insulting. The 335 is great if you dont care about backseat room or technology in the car. To tell you the truth, the combination of MusicDrive (the harddisk in the car) and the excellent driving experience of the G would be enough in and of itself for me to fully recommend the car, and make the purchase again myself. the car gives you way more than that though.

Hope you pull the trigger and join us!

Originally Posted by tg1234
Oh yeah I hate when I sit in my car I just don't want to get out from it. I probably did about 20% of my milage in the car just because I can't get enough.
YEEESSS

Last edited by rocaveli; 03-27-2008 at 02:23 PM.
Old 03-27-2008, 05:09 PM
Originally Posted by rocaveli
hmm.. I personally haven't had too many 'noise' problems, but I do have a couple of things I hate about the car.

DISCLAIMER: I love this car and will be keeping it for many years to come (I intend to invest 30k+ into it). The driving experience is actually ridiculous, the perfect mix of aggressiveness and civility, youth and experience.. I love it. Next is the musical experience of the car: the many different options the car gives u make music listening alot easier and more enjoyable, though I mostly just use the MusicDrive: best invention in the history of radios in cars. That said:

-I hate the leather on this car. I have stone interior, which is nice, but the leather on the seats is not as durable as that on the FXs or even the older Gs... it's just a "soft" leather, which means it's comfortable and nice to touch but will start flexing and even a little wrinkling.. not a huge deal but definitely a concern.
-I hate the floor mats. the 'Stone' floor mats are horrible: mine are so dirty they definitely look like they came black from the factory. And I've washed and shampooed mine several times to no avail. So even if you get stone or beige interior, get black floor mats.
-I hate the plastic, there's no excuse for it in a $40k car. The plastic on the door handles gets scratched up really easily.
-the paint could be way better: I've simply seen no other car that has as soft paint as the g35: my black car was soo swirlmarked by the first 4 months.. I invested in a portercable and zaino protection and it's doing alot better but after 4 months my car looked like a 5 year old car. note that i always parked it outside, in the sun poor thing
-the car could, and should, be louder. I dont know why they castrated the current 07 sedan vs. the older coupes... the latter sound way better idling and in the low rpms, but i am very addicted to the raspy roar the car makes under WOT.
-after market support: there really aren't enough bodykits, engine mods, etc for this car.. and it's been a long *** while. I'm definitely disappointed from that regard.
-I also hate that the new sedan will be faster...

so that's an honest list of most of what I think is wrong with this car. I definitely disagree with some other peoples' criticisms so I'm sure others will disagree with mine. for example, I find the trunk more than large enough, the backroom more than comfortable enough, and the cabin not unbearably noisy.

Also, I am a little sickened when this car is compared to acura rls/tls/whateverthefk. This car is genuinely a premium vehicle, by looks alone comparing it to an acura is like comparing an F22 with a worldwar2 plane. Makes me shudder that people even considered those pos's.

Subarus?? evos?? PASSATT?????? please get OUT OF HERE WITH THAT SH*T. I wouldn't be caught dead in any of those cars yet I wear my G with pride. I personally considered the following:

-07 G35
-07 BMW 335
-07 Lexus IS350
-04 Cadillac CTS-V
-03-4 BMW 535
..those are the major ones. I test-drove all of them, and while I loved the way the bmw handled, the coupe is just TOO SMALL OF A CAR: parked next to each other it looks like the g35 could give birth to the 335ci. The sedan is absolutely disgusting, I, again, wouldn't be caught dead in it. Not with those nasty taillights (WHAT WAS BMW THINKING).

I would really consider the new C350, though it's slow as sh*t, the new cadillac CTS even though it's american, and the A4, even though it's going to be replaced soon and is just too conservative. The IS350 is an inferior car: I really did like it more than the infiniti to start but it drives like a boat (a FAST boat), and the backseat is such a joke it's almost insulting. The 335 is great if you dont care about backseat room or technology in the car. To tell you the truth, the combination of MusicDrive (the harddisk in the car) and the excellent driving experience of the G would be enough in and of itself for me to fully recommend the car, and make the purchase again myself. the car gives you way more than that though.

Hope you pull the trigger and join us!

YEEESSS
I can't say how much I appreciate your response, and the responses of everyone else. You guys have put a lot of effort into your answers, and it is making this easier and easier for me. As I said, I am not entirely ready to purchase at the moment, I am in my information stage. That being said, I have been getting nothing but excellent info from you guys. Thank you all.

Old 03-27-2008, 05:44 PM
I'll chime in here since I was just in the decision making process myself the past few months.

Initially, I was going to get a Honda Accord V6. I sort of liked the new body style (vs. the old one), and have gotten Hondas recently, so it was a natural choice. Test drove it -- liked it OK. I never even considered getting an entry level luxury car -- thought it was out of my price range. I liked the engine OK, and liked the layout of the interior and the tech. features, but I like leather seats and hated the cheap leather on the Hondas.

I also considered the Nissan Altima 3.5 SL, because a friend had one and recommended it. I loved the engine and transmission, but hated the interior. Felt cheap.

Once I learned that the Acura TL was going to be completely redesigned for 2009, and saw the great incentives they were offereing, I took a look. I really liked the interior, but was very disappointed with the lack of a "sporty" feel to the drive. Was disappointed in the engine and the transmission.

Once I considered the TL, that opened the door for me to consider the G35. Just went to look at them, and loved the exterior and interior styling of the car. Went for a test drive and I was hooked. The acceleration swell was incredible! I also liked all the tech. features, as well. I thought it was out of my price range, but then I saw the financing deals and $500 rebate they were offering, and realized it was well within reach, and my decision was made for me. I ended up getting a G35 Journey Premium (no X, S, or Nav -- I live in Texas so RWD is fine for me) for effectively $1000 more than I could have gotten the loaded Accord, once you figure in the savings I got from 2.9% over 63 months.

The quality of the car -- interior, engine, technology -- blows away the Altima and Accord (of course). I am honestly shocked that people would buy a loaded Altima or Accord for ~$30k when they could get a G35 for that same range or just a little more! I think a lot of people are like me, and never really considered moving up into that class of car, and don't realize how much nicer they are.

I briefly thought about some other options, but never really pursued them: IS350: much smaller and a lot more expensive to get comparably equipped; IS250: in my price range, but doesn't have the power!
BMW, Audi, or Mercedes: Nice cars, but I keep my cars 10 years or more, so reliability is a major issue for me.

If you are looking for some sportiness, some luxury, and some practicality, I think the G35 is a perfect blend of these considerations. I'd say of the 3, it tilts a bit towards the sportiness, but I think it is also practical (could fit 3 kids in the back and a little luggage) and feels luxurious (especially with the wood trim!).

I bought my G 2 1/2 weeks ago, and have not regretted the decision for a minute. I usually have some buyers' remorse after a big decision, and especially when I spend more than I was initially planning to, but in this case not even a hint of buyers' remorse.

The gas mileage is the only thing I am a little grumpy about -- it looks like I will average 17-18mpg in mixed driving, which is a little worse than I would like, but given the power of the engine and handling of the car, I am fine with that trade-off.

I advise you to take your time -- make sure you test drive each vehicle you are considering and let that be your deciding factor.

Old 03-27-2008, 06:00 PM
Same here. Had a Maxima lease ending, was looking at financing, and was basically trying to decide between a loaded up Altima or Accord. Happened to drive by the Infiniti dealership one day and stopped in...best thing I ever did. With the financing specials and rebate, I've now had a new G35x with premium/nav for a couple weeks for about $40/month more than the other two woud've cost me. Well worth the money to me.

Old 03-27-2008, 09:02 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Don't buy the G if you are opposed to having a car you will thoroughly enjoy driving, looking at and being in.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Convince me not to buy A G35x