G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

April Incentives

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-02-2008, 04:12 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
April Incentives

I'm interested in buying a G35x sedan with Nav, Premium and sport.. MSRP 40615 Inv 37085.

anyone know what the april incentives are?
and about how much I should offer the nj dealer?

thanks
sharkman

Old 04-02-2008, 07:26 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
According to Edmunds and another site I checked, there are no incentives for April..

A fair price is $500 over invoice, IMHO.

Old 04-02-2008, 07:56 PM
If you want to bargain hard, you should be able to get close to invoice. Dealer gets $800 incentive back from Infiniti. Of course this depends on trade in deal etc..

Old 04-02-2008, 08:35 PM
Originally Posted by glafort
Dealer gets $800 incentive back from Infiniti.
Do you mean holdback?

Old 04-02-2008, 08:53 PM
Thanks.. I checked edmunds and KBB and neither has any incentives.. I do believe that because it's still early in the month that they havent been given them yet... thanks

I'm gonna offer the dealer invoice plus 500 and see what he say... I'll let you guys know..

sharkman

Old 04-02-2008, 09:49 PM
I bought a 2008 G35x w/ Prem, Nav, tech, sport wheels, splash guards, and cargo net for $200 over invoice not including $500 rebate. When I talked to the GM he showed me where on the computer it saud how much the holdback was and it was $839. When I did my research on Consumer Reports it said the same amount. Even though there sales were up small in March they are pushing them. Don't pay to much over invoice. You may want to wait a couple of weeks. They did the same thing in Feb. the waited till the middle of the month to release there incentives. BTW I bought mine at Infiniti of Lisle in Chicago Burbs

Old 04-02-2008, 09:57 PM
I was able to get my G35x with Prem, Nav and sport for 600 under invoice

Old 04-03-2008, 06:01 AM
I got mine for invoice + 90 when i got it , and it didnt have a rebate... so push for invoice nothing less, the 09 is going to have a better motor (fingers crossed 3.7)

Old 04-04-2008, 12:29 AM
what are ppl paying on a lease? i just go the 08 g35x..every option for zero out of pocket n 500 a month..10k a yr 36 months

Old 04-04-2008, 12:41 AM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm probably going to be opening a can of worms by saying this but who cares what you pay for the car? As long as you're happy and you weren't screwed. And being screwed on a car deal these days is virtually impossible due to new laws and regulations.

I am a proud owner of an Infiniti and also am employed at Infiniti as a sales consultant. I understand you all want the best deal for your cars, but f only the public knew just how much work is involved in selling a car. And the return is not nearly worth it. Now many of you are probably asking yourselves why I still remain in the business if the money isn't worth it. And the answer to that is that the few customers who understand the true value of our product and my services make it worth while. Not only that, I am proud to say that I do help my customers. My knowledge is vast on the product and I tell the truth.

All I'm saying is this: Dealerships are out to make money because it's a business, and businesses make profits. Sales consultants get paid on a percentage (very small) of that profit. Next time you buy a car, judge the salesman. If he's good, make him happy. If he sucks, juice him for all he's worth. Now if I'm being completely unreasonable and outrageous, please correct me.

Last edited by heyitsalex; 04-04-2008 at 11:36 PM.
Old 04-04-2008, 01:08 AM
guy all i asked is what other ppl r paying..im not crying over what i paid...im glad u work for infiniti and im glad u stay around for the ppl who appricate it,if the pay sucks then get another job..dont complain that we dont understad the process..we all get fuked...n car dealers make there money..its a business

Old 04-04-2008, 01:16 AM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Stevesketch, I apologize if you took what I said the wrong way. I'm merely making a point and perhaps attempting to better educate us consumers as to how salesmen are commonly misconceived as being rich snobby good-for-nothing scum. Some are, but most aren't. Like everyone else we're just trying to make a decent living, and all this "invoice, below invoice" talk only results in customers not giving me a fair opportunity to make a FAIR profit.. And I'm not sure if you missed the part where I explained the reason as to why I don't quit.

Sincerely, my apologies. Not at any time was I insinuating that you were crying over what you paid nor was I complaining that you didn't understand the process.

Just like you said, it's business.

Last edited by heyitsalex; 04-04-2008 at 01:18 AM.
Old 04-04-2008, 07:09 PM
[QUOTE=heyitsalex]being screwed on a car deal these days is virtually impossible due to new laws and regulations.
QUOTE]

I gotta disagree with you on that one. Lots of people get screwed on their car purchase every day. Let's face it this is a complicated transaction with lots of areas for the the dealership to make money... on the purchase price, on the trade in, on the financing, on extended warranties, on dealer add ons, etc. The salesman is a professional negotiator who deals with these issues every day. Consumers need to do their homework to level the playing field as much as possible. That means taking advantage of resources like Edmunds, KBB, and Driver to gather as much information as possible before they make their purchase.

Without this information a buyer might think $2K over invoice plus $1K for tint and wheel locks, plus another $2K for undercoating and fabric protection was a good deal. Dealers close sales like this one every day, and I'd say those buyers are getting screwed.

I do realize that the salesman may get only a small portion of the profit on any sale, but that is the result of the system set up by the dealership and not the fault of the consumer.

Old 04-04-2008, 07:31 PM
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by gottaGnow
Without this information a buyer might think $2K over invoice plus $1K for tint and wheel locks, plus another $2K for undercoating and fabric protection was a good deal. Dealers close sales like this one every day, and I'd say those buyers are getting screwed.
If I closed a deal like that once a week, I'd be driving a porsche, not a G.

But then again, I'd rather hook a customer up and earn a repeat customer for life.

Old 04-04-2008, 09:03 PM
They have extended the March incentives.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: April Incentives