G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08
View Poll Results: How often do you wash your car (> is 'greater than'...)
Hand wash >1 / wk
9.46%
Hand wash ~1 / wk
36.49%
Hand wash <1 / wk
6.76%
Hand wash <1 / every 2 wks
25.68%
Car wash >1 / wk
2.70%
Car wash ~1 / wk
5.41%
Car wash <1 / wk
2.70%
Car wash < 1 / every 2 wks
10.81%
Voters: 74. You may not vote on this poll

Still pampering the G?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-07-2008, 07:44 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I dropped about 600 on detailing supplies right when I bought my G35S. I gave her the full treatment about 3 weeks ago. Wash, Non-abrasive polish, Seal and Wax. Interior wise I used 303 and leather protectant. I'm debating whether to use a medium cut polish with a PC . The dealer I bought the car from keeps all the Infiniti's outside and I noticed lots of swirls when I picked up the car . The polish and sealant made it more apparent when examined closely. Other than that I've been washing about twice a month.

Old 04-07-2008, 08:23 AM
ive become one of those people who have to see my car clean all the time, maybe its the IP or maybe im just pampering to much, or maybe its just getting use to seeing dem dubs all shiny

Only car washes i go thru are the touch free car washes, where there are NO brushes and no rails/tracks you have to put your wheel thru.

And if my car is getting detailed by someone at my job i usually kinda do like an interview on what they use and what their methods are........gotta use micro fiber on the roof overlay, and no weird chemicals

Last edited by UltimateGee27; 04-07-2008 at 08:26 AM.
Old 04-07-2008, 10:06 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I try to hand wash my car... only ran it through a tunnel once, and will NEVER do it again.

Anyone use those 'handwash' car was places? Do ya'll think those places are ok??

Also the dealer i got it from, already had swirl marks on it..

Old 04-07-2008, 10:23 AM
Originally Posted by UltimateGee27
ive become one of those people who have to see my car clean all the time, maybe its the IP or maybe im just pampering to much, or maybe its just getting use to seeing dem dubs all shiny

Only car washes i go thru are the touch free car washes, where there are NO brushes and no rails/tracks you have to put your wheel thru.

And if my car is getting detailed by someone at my job i usually kinda do like an interview on what they use and what their methods are........gotta use micro fiber on the roof overlay, and no weird chemicals
i love having a car washer and detailer at my office building. you may end up paying about 10 bucks more, but think it's worth the convenience.

and like you said, because it's the same person every time they get to know how you like your car wash and usually do a great job.

i really wanted a silver car because i hate having to wash or get my car washed (came from a black car). seeing as i spend 99% of my time in the car i care less about the exterior, but living in socal has changed my habits. hahaha, why does everyone obsess about a clean car out here?

i've actually had a cop pull me over for speeding when i first moved out here (before i got my g) and after giving me a warning told me to wash my car.

Old 04-07-2008, 06:56 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by shawnost
Man, this is killing me. With the dry conditions in the southeast I haven't been able to hand wash my car since last August and it shows . I'm hoping that they ease restrictions around here soon (looks like they will) and then it's time to get my baby all shiny again. In the meantime I think I've mastered interior detailing... No sense letting the interior get all dirty just because I can't wash the outside....
+1 on the severe drought...can't wait until they ease up.

Old 04-07-2008, 07:30 PM
every saturday or so....

Old 04-07-2008, 07:53 PM
I live in an apartment now and there is no place to do the desired careful hand wash. So I go to a brushless drive-thru car wash once a week that does a decent job.

Old 04-07-2008, 08:18 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Self hand wash. NEVER car wash. I don't even trust my friends to help me. I don't wash it as often as I'd like. It's been 4 months since the last Zaino detailing job. I think my baby is due for another 6hrs of Zaino goodness again!

Old 04-07-2008, 09:15 PM
fgc moderator
Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
car wash every 2 weeks or so.

Old 04-07-2008, 09:28 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have found that the Spray wash in the can is a great thing to use to keep your G clean. If it gets rained on or dusty its really easy to spray the foam on, let it soak a minute, then wipe off and buff. You also get a layer of protection from the wax and I do it in my garage any time and no water is required. It keeps it looking good between real washes and waxes. I use the detailing spray polishes between washes also they are quick and easy too.