G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Pissed off at Infiniti and Bridgestone!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-14-2008, 04:27 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Pissed off at Infiniti and Bridgestone!!

Hi All,

Listen to this ridiculous story!

Last Saturday, I was driving my Infiniti G35 2007 Sedan, when I heard a silent blow. Then I started to hear a strange noise. I stopped, looked around the car, to see that my passenger side rear tire has went flat.

I replaced it, and drove to the official bridgestone dealer. they took the tire, and saw that there was a huge metal piece (not a nail, something bigger) and it has gone through the tire.

They tried to fix it, but they couldn't.

So simply I asked them to replace it.

They went to check, and told me that they don't have it in stock. I said OK, ask the other branches. They called and they said, they don't have it!

I called Infiniti (The Local Dealer), explained the problem, and they said that they don't carry any tires in stock, they buy them from the bridgestone dealer whenever they need them!!

I asked bridgestone, when can you order the tire? They said we can order the same size in a week time. But if you want the exact same "Pattern" then it can be 2 or 3 weeks!

If I want the same pattern, I can buy one tire only. But if I want to buy a different pattern then I need to replace the 2 tires on the same axil because the pattern should match otherwise there will be an effect on the performance.

OK now I am driving on a temporary tire which is not stable at all, what to do? They guided me to another workshop who can "Patch" the tire for me.

I did that, but the guy who did it told me that the tire is a Time Bomb and I should replace it at the soonest!

So now I am driving my Infiniti with a time bomb. Infiniti Can not help me. Bridgestone can not help me!

Really really disappointed!

How come the official dealer of Infiniti selling such a fine car without carrying spare tires in stock?

What should I do? Buy 2 tires of the same different pattern, or wait for a single tire of the same pattern that I already have?

And another question, can I replace the little temporary tire in the trunk, with a full sized one for any similar incidents in the future? Will a full sized tire fit in the trunk or they made the space small to fit the little one only?

Thanks all.

VidER

Old 05-14-2008, 07:34 AM
Buy 4 new tires? And get a different brand than Bridgestone I guess?

Old 05-14-2008, 09:14 AM
Received 21 Likes on 6 Posts
Get new rear tires. Pick up 2 Falken FK-452 or 2 Toyo T1R's. Id go for the Falken though. Do your research on them, they are one of the quietest, smoothest, best in rain, and grip very well. I got a set for my rears and holy sh*t, the FK452 is honestly almost like a "perfect" tire.

Old 05-14-2008, 09:25 AM
Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts
Get that tire off the car!

Old 05-14-2008, 09:37 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I would take that tire off too, get them to do what ever they have to to get your tire.

if your tires are fairly new, dont buy 2 new one just to replace them.

Ride the donut just dont speed , you will be fine.

Call Consumer afairs at bridgestone and complain ,complain.

Old 05-14-2008, 09:57 AM

Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts
There are used ones out there from people that have swapped out already. You can also try local wrecking yards .... 07 sedans are starting to show up now.

Old 05-14-2008, 02:19 PM
I am in the United Arab Emirates. Not much of a G35 community to find used ones.

And Rain is not an issue at all here :-)

Who are michelin tires?

Better than bridgestone?

VidER

Old 05-15-2008, 12:02 AM
Rebate:Cashback & Rebate offers with tire purchases at TireRack.com Click Here Discuss (13) : History : Tell : Posted 1:41 PM PDT 05/13/08 by BenThe Summer Driving Season is just around the corner, and with gas prices as high as they are you want to have the most enjoyable driving experience with what little time you can afford to spend behind the wheel. Here are some coupon offers to help you get the best tires for your buck:

Firestone - Free $50 Home Depot GC with (4) qualifying Firestone tires

Bridgestone - Up to $100 Bridgestone Reward Card with (4) select Bridgestone tires

Yokohama - $75 Crutchfield Gift Card with (4) new Yokohama ADVAN Sport tires

Continental - Free Magellan 1200 GPS System with $499 purchase

Michelin - $500 Rewards Coupons with (4) new Michelin tires

Goodyear - $50 rebate with (4) qualifying Goodyear tires

Old 05-15-2008, 12:08 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by VidER
I am in the United Arab Emirates. Not much of a G35 community to find used ones.

And Rain is not an issue at all here :-)

Who are michelin tires?

Better than bridgestone?

VidER

This all makes a little more sense since you're in the UAE. I suspect tires are a little easier to come by stateside with huge tire warehouses like Tirerack and such at several locations throughout the country.

Do you have a lot of Infiniti dealerships over there?

Old 05-15-2008, 03:30 AM
Originally Posted by BlueDevilBAMF
This all makes a little more sense since you're in the UAE. I suspect tires are a little easier to come by stateside with huge tire warehouses like Tirerack and such at several locations throughout the country.

Do you have a lot of Infiniti dealerships over there?
We have one :-)

Its a monopolistic Market!

VidER

Old 05-15-2008, 01:12 PM
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
We always stock the OEM tires; the OEM tires are a very common tire.

Also, if your REAR tire is out, put your FRONT tire on the rear, and put the spare on the FRONT.

The car will feel a lot more stable, but you still want to keep your speed down.

Old 05-16-2008, 09:58 AM
I had the exact same experience with my '07 G Sedan, and interestingly, with my wife's '03 350Z. With my '07 G searched for a couple of days until I finally found one dealer in the greater So Cal area with an exact OEM replacement and then had to pay the full stealership price (over $300 for one f'n tire). With the 350Z, there were zero in stock on the west coast (including tire rack, tires direct, etc.) so I ultimately had to get it from some random no-name tire distributor on the east coast; the car was basically out of commission for almost 2 weeks until I got the replacement because I refused to have my wife driving on LA freeways on that temporary doughnut. I called Nissan / Infinti Consumer Affairs about both incidents and raised hell, but they basically told me to just **** off....

Seriously makes me question the distribution / manufacturing / logistics planning capabilities of Nissan/Bridgestone.

Old 05-16-2008, 11:37 AM
I work for Bridgestone and tires in that size are usually not carried in store so they do have to be special ordered.

Old 05-16-2008, 01:03 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
There has to be places that sell tires there. See if you can get something overnighted to you, or the dealership. Two - three weeks is unacceptable IMO! Just whatever you do, be cautious about what tire (s) you decide to go with. Probably over-kill, but just in case:

Check you manual (8-37) which states:

"Replacing wheels and tires - When replacing a tire, use the same size, speed rating and load carrying capacity as originally equipped. See ªSpecifications
º in the ª9. Technical and consumer informationº section for recommended types and sizes of tires and wheels.

WARNING - O The use of tires other than those recommended or the mixed use of tires of different brands, construction (bias, biasbelted or radial), or tread patterns can adversely affect the ride, braking, handling, ground clearance, body-to-tire clearance, tire chain clearance, speedometer calibration, headlight aim and bumper height. Some of these effects may lead to accidents and could result in serious personal injury. O If the wheels are changed for any reason, always replace with wheels which have the same off-set dimension. Wheels of a different off-set could cause premature tire wear, degrade vehicle handling characteristics and/or interference with the brake discs/drums. Such interference can lead to decreased braking efficiency and/or early brake pad/shoe wear. Refer to ªWheels and tiresº in the ª9. Technical and consumer informationº section of this manual for wheel off-set dimensions. . . . ."

Old 05-16-2008, 03:34 PM
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Order the 1 tire. drive carefully for a week. Fix it up.

BTW, a Nissan dealer may have it because of the Z.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Pissed off at Infiniti and Bridgestone!!