G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Journey front bumper inlet vent project

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-17-2009, 04:36 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Did this project die or what?
I love the idea and the looks, i'd vote for large vent to allow air to hit the injen CAI and for those with SRI intakes can use the vents for some oil coolers behind the vent for cooling.
I really wish if someone can make those come true and start selling them, the only bad part is that you have to cut the bumper.

Old 07-17-2009, 05:02 PM
Received 85 Likes on 74 Posts
Yeah.. I think this one's dead.
I liked the concept. It just never went anywhere.

Old 07-17-2009, 05:32 PM
Originally Posted by AesonVirus
Yeah.. I think this one's dead.
I liked the concept. It just never went anywhere.
I hope someone would revive it, it's a really cool thing, i'm willing to buy those molds from EWG35 and continue the project.
But i hope Ionic adopt this project and make mass production of it.

Old 07-17-2009, 11:17 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you do sell them, I'm down to buy. The fake mesh looks horrid compared to everything else.

Old 07-18-2009, 12:29 AM
I hate to admit it. I purchased the sport bumper, lost motivation to finish them and I think I threw them away. I know I threw the molds away. I love throwing stuff out I must admit. If I have them I will sell them to anyone interested in finishing. I'll check tomorrow, PM if interested. I just sold my old journey bumper, shipping this weekend, and have no need for them or desire to finish.

Old 07-18-2009, 02:52 AM
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
someone's gotta hit this!

Old 07-20-2009, 11:06 PM
I feel that even if this fell through and you were able to make some sort of air duct to the intakes, I think the car would stall alot because too much Air can stall a car. Car think's it's moving but the engine is sitting still, computer reconigzes this and shuts the engine off. I'm glad this didn't go through, picture's looked horrible.....

Old 07-20-2009, 11:22 PM
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
^never heard of this....can you elaborate? What about all the people that bought body kits with big open vents? Should be the same situation, correct?

Old 07-20-2009, 11:26 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Now that looks good. Looks OEM but still aggressive.

Old 07-20-2009, 11:32 PM
Originally Posted by beezy619
^never heard of this....can you elaborate? What about all the people that bought body kits with big open vents? Should be the same situation, correct?
Those are bought from companies who design them and test them, like I said, if you get the wrong flow of air into an intake that's custom made, you car may stall. You can run the risk but it's not for me. I can handle the warm air for now. I won't risk my car in the shop for a few weeks because I was stupid about the AF ratio.

Btw, our car already has Fog lights, don't be ricey now

Old 07-23-2009, 01:10 AM
Originally Posted by dghboybigboy
Those are bought from companies who design them and test them, like I said, if you get the wrong flow of air into an intake that's custom made, you car may stall. You can run the risk but it's not for me. I can handle the warm air for now. I won't risk my car in the shop for a few weeks because I was stupid about the AF ratio.

Btw, our car already has Fog lights, don't be ricey now
These intake are NOT for forced air. They would be used for brake cooling einstein. Too much air can stall an engine? right at mach 3. Our fog lights are worthless so high up. To get a true driving light scenerio they need to be mounted much lower. If you have nothing nice to say .....

How ricey is this?

Old 07-23-2009, 06:07 AM
Originally Posted by EWG35
These intake are NOT for forced air. They would be used for brake cooling einstein. Too much air can stall an engine? right at mach 3. Our fog lights are worthless so high up. To get a true driving light scenerio they need to be mounted much lower. If you have nothing nice to say .....

How ricey is this?

OMG your car is so ricey, those huge rims and tint, you gotta remove them and sell the rims to ricey guy like me for $200 and save your soul .
I always wanted the Volk SF-Winning or RE30.

Old 07-23-2009, 06:17 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
LOL how can 2 much air stall our engine? Since were not FI our engine just take in as much air as it can and since were not carbureted our air sensors give us the right amount of air and fuel ratio. I have the sport bumper and thought of cuting out the fake plastic mesh on the side and puting in real one so i would then get an injen cai. my only concern was suking up water.

Old 07-23-2009, 07:36 AM
seriously, no one has cut out the plastic vent covers and replaced with black mesh????

come on. all cars have vents in that area, and it does squat to hinder aerodynamics

and you don't have to drill holes to hold the mesh in place.
you can solder plastic on the inside of the bumper to hold the mesh

Old 07-23-2009, 09:25 AM
Originally Posted by Gevo1
LOL how can 2 much air stall our engine? Since were not FI our engine just take in as much air as it can and since were not carbureted our air sensors give us the right amount of air and fuel ratio. I have the sport bumper and thought of cuting out the fake plastic mesh on the side and puting in real one so i would then get an injen cai. my only concern was suking up water.
There is a guy on this forum who drilled some holes into the fake mesh and it looked nice, but since i got injen CAI i'm worried about soaking up water in rainy days or when washing the car.
I'd say only drill the whole on the far ends so that the water won't hit the filters directly, even though i think there is like %10 chance that water might hit the filters anyways.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Journey front bumper inlet vent project