G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Rearview mirror image blurring

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-19-2008, 10:55 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by hullio
Not true. The Harmon Kardon sound system in our Mercedes is pretty top notch and yet the rear-view mirror and the side mirrors hardly shake compared to the G35's. Of course any car with a good sound system will cause the mirrors to vibrate, but in this case the G35's just shake a little too much. Just stating, not complaining. I could hardly care less since I'm loving this car too much.
they still vibrate though regardless of it being a mercedes and it having HK system...it just doesn't matter people. go buy a bentley GT and put a "supplemental" sound system in it, I will guarantee you the freakin' mirror will vibrate. end of story, there is nothing you can do to stop this. IT IS PHYSICS

Old 06-19-2008, 10:56 AM
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by ugaexploder
why does everyone think a 30k car is worth so much? i have a value for a dollar and im very frugal but at the same time i know what reality is...and the reality is, that a 30k car is not that expensive bro. and yes our mirrors SHOULD vibrate, you heard me right.
Because there are cars that are substantially less than 30k without this problem, and I gave an example, and you all jumped on me like I was saying the G35 is trash or something.

Yes, I understand what you mean in your post, but those are issues ALL cars manufacturers deal with, so why couldn't Infiniti deal with it? Especially when lesser brands seem to have no problems.

Old 06-19-2008, 11:01 AM
Originally Posted by tragedycat
Because there are cars that are substantially less than 30k without this problem, and I gave an example, and you all jumped on me like I was saying the G35 is trash or something.

Yes, I understand what you mean in your post, but those are issues ALL cars manufacturers deal with, so why couldn't Infiniti deal with it? Especially when lesser brands seem to have no problems.
Well, I'm just saying I've owned a '96 camry...granted I bought it with a 100k miles on it, and it was falling apart. You probably had a well-kept camry, which is understandable...but by no means, would that car have performed better with our "mirror test" than our car is what I'm trying to say.

I would love to perform an experiment with the same sound system in both cars, and I would expect for them to both vibrate the same amount.

I just don't know how you're getting your information on the bold part that I commented out. Because I've had aftermarket sound systems in ALL MY CARS. I've owned everything from '88 benz e300, to crappy '96 mitsu galants and camrys and the list goes on forever. News flash, none of them were any better from my personal experience...so I just wan't to know how you're coming to this conclusion

Old 06-19-2008, 11:02 AM
i had two CRAPPY alpine type-r's in my '96 camry. The mirror would be facing completely DOWNWARDS after 1 minute of any rap song

Old 06-19-2008, 11:02 AM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Honestly it's like i said before, if it is a good system...it's going to vibrate. The mercedes with the HK system has no subs...his post almost made me laugh. Like my stock bose system has two 6-inch subs. The frequency range on those is probably 50Hz-26kHz. You can't even really call that a subwoofer lol.

Old 06-19-2008, 11:04 AM
Originally Posted by Mr Inkredibul
Honestly it's like i said before, if it is a good system...it's going to vibrate. The mercedes with the HK system has no subs...his post almost made me laugh. Like my stock bose system has two 6-inch subs. The frequency range on those is probably 50Hz-26kHz. You can't even really call that a subwoofer lol.
i agree with you a 100%, there is just nothing you can do about it. The only time I use my rearview is when I'm looking for blue lights anyways. I use mostly headturning and side mirrors when needing to change lanes so it's no problem

Old 06-19-2008, 01:36 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Like people have said..... there's nothing you can do about it.

Also, how much your mirror vibrates or not (assuming the same level of base) is likely a coincidence based on how the car is built. Where insulation is, placement of speakers, where mounts are, etc.

Engineers are pretty good, but I doubt anyone is going to design a car based around how much the mirror vibrates or not.

Old 06-19-2008, 11:17 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i noticed the same exact thing. mine vibrates like crazy. and i only have the premium bose sound system. it vibrates every base line.

Old 06-20-2008, 12:54 AM
The mercedes with the HK system has no subs...his post almost made me laugh.
I'm positive that the HK Logic 7 in the E-Class has a sub in the rear-deck.

Old 06-20-2008, 01:11 AM
Wow, you guys really took this to heart. I was just being facetious about the whole issue when I started the thread. I feel the majority of vibration is transmitted thru the stalk attached to the windscreen. So if a rubber or gel washer were installed between the two then it could absorb a fair amount of vibration

Old 06-20-2008, 09:56 AM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by hullio
I'm positive that the HK Logic 7 in the E-Class has a sub in the rear-deck.
No in the C-Class it doesn't. and again what is the size fo the sib, and frequency response, impedance, and sensitivity?

Old 06-20-2008, 12:05 PM
Old 06-20-2008, 01:37 PM
No in the C-Class it doesn't. and again what is the size fo the sib, and frequency response, impedance, and sensitivity?
I never said C, I said E, sir. Also, I really don't get why everyone is taking this seriously. The OP simply stated that the rear-view shakes excessively in which I do agree with, but at the same time I'm not complaining. Regarding size of sub, I believe it's a 6.5". Not sure though. Not really into upgrading sound systems, etc. I'm only 17 and I want to save my ear drums

Last edited by hullio; 06-20-2008 at 01:44 PM.
Old 06-20-2008, 02:23 PM
lol... 12w6v2 + 1000watts = No image on the rearview...

Old 06-20-2008, 07:12 PM
here is the problem i think. THE SUBS IN THE FRONT DOORS. I am curious if anyone who doesnt have the SOW will chime in and tell if they have the problem as bad as we obviously all do. The Subs in the front stage are something that is unique----DEFINATELY the reason that the sideviews shake so much. Since they are located in the front stage, and fire towards the center, parallel to the plane of the mirror face, the sound waves propagate across the face itself, causing it to move.

Lastly, are you 96 Camry alumni aware that the audio pkg in the 07-08 G is dramatically different than what came from the big T in the late 90's?

That could be the reason that (with stock audio) your mirrors didnt move nearly as much.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 1.00 average.

Quick Reply: Rearview mirror image blurring