G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Rearview mirror image blurring

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-19-2008, 03:31 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rearview mirror image blurring

For those with supplementary subs who probably experience my problem of rearview mirror image blurring due to heavy bass vibration. Besides turning down the bass, anyway to stablize the mirror?

Old 06-19-2008, 09:40 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
not going to happen

Old 06-19-2008, 09:47 AM
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
I get this on my 05 coupe too, it's pretty pathetic. My 98 Camry didn't even do this.

Old 06-19-2008, 09:57 AM
Well, it probably didn't happen in your '98 camry because the vibrations were released through some crease or crevice. The G is built tighter so the vibrations from the bass will resonate throughout.

I mean, it's just physics...if you have "supplemental" bass, wtf do you think is going to happen? And are you saying the '98 camry is built better than the G? If not, then what are you implying? Because I've owned a '96 camry and that thing was the biggest POS ever.

Old 06-19-2008, 10:00 AM
Originally Posted by ugaexploder
Well, it probably didn't happen in your '98 camry because the vibrations were released through some crease or crevice. The G is built tighter so the vibrations from the bass will resonate throughout.

I mean, it's just physics...if you have "supplemental" bass, wtf do you think is going to happen? And are you saying the '98 camry is built better than the G? If not, then what are you implying? Because I've owned a '96 camry and that thing was the biggest POS ever.
I'm implying that if I buy a $30k car the rear mirror shouldn't vibrate to the point where it's nearly useless because I have my music on. I don't care about creases, crevices, physics, etc. It just shouldn't happen.

Edit: Also I'm on stock Bose system.

Old 06-19-2008, 10:03 AM
The goblin resurrection

Received 187 Likes on 95 Posts
I dont even have additional bass and mine rattles and vibrates like its gonna fall off, I thin that the post gets loose in the socket It could be fixed with a set screw but then you could not adjust it easily

Old 06-19-2008, 10:18 AM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by tragedycat
I'm implying that if I buy a $30k car the rear mirror shouldn't vibrate to the point where it's nearly useless because I have my music on. I don't care about creases, crevices, physics, etc. It just shouldn't happen.

Are you kidding...the only to stop it is to not have the music. Sound IS vibration. Sound is the act of air moving in different speeds.

Old 06-19-2008, 10:22 AM
Originally Posted by Mr Inkredibul
Are you kidding...the only to stop it is to not have the music. Sound IS vibration. Sound is the act of air moving in different speeds.
So you're saying every car ever made will have a vibrating rear view mirror if you turn on music? If not then you are completely missing my point.

Old 06-19-2008, 10:26 AM
So you're saying every car ever made will have a vibrating rear view mirror if you turn on music? If not then you are completely missing my point.
Definitely every car that has GOOD, CLEAR, QUALITY BASS. Yes your rear view mirror will vibrate. The vibration travels through the base of the mirror where it is attached to the glass. Those low frequencies combined with the volume will cause that. Check your side mirrors...those are probably vibrating too.

Old 06-19-2008, 10:31 AM
a continuum transfunctioner should help

Old 06-19-2008, 10:33 AM
but seriously no..I get the same thing but not from bass, from my coilovers being so harsh on the bumpy payment.

Old 06-19-2008, 10:44 AM
Originally Posted by Mr Inkredibul
Definitely every car that has GOOD, CLEAR, QUALITY BASS. Yes your rear view mirror will vibrate. The vibration travels through the base of the mirror where it is attached to the glass. Those low frequencies combined with the volume will cause that. Check your side mirrors...those are probably vibrating too.
Not true. The Harmon Kardon sound system in our Mercedes is pretty top notch and yet the rear-view mirror and the side mirrors hardly shake compared to the G35's. Of course any car with a good sound system will cause the mirrors to vibrate, but in this case the G35's just shake a little too much. Just stating, not complaining. I could hardly care less since I'm loving this car too much.

Old 06-19-2008, 10:48 AM
The fact that it's muddled doesn't have anything to do with the amount of vibration it produces. Holy **** do you know anything?? Also I didn't ask any questions, I said that for a luxury car, my **** shouldn't be vibrating when I'm listening to music at normal levels. Do you not agree with that? Or do you just happen to enjoy the vibrating mirrors?

I very much agree with you that the vibrating mirrors are annoying. Especially at night when you are trying to see if there is a cop behind you. But luxury or not, it will vibrate and there are many things that contribute to this. A few posts above, something mentioned that the vibrations are forced to travel through the body because there are no crevices for the sound to seep through. The only solution I can think of is Dynamat. But for you to physically hear the sound, the vibrations need to get through. Thats why you can stand in front of a sub and feel it beat. You can feel it in your seat. Personally I like that feeling.

Look at how the mirror is attached to the glass. You have that little stem that the vibrations travel down and your whole mirror shakes. There really isn't much you can do about it.

Just be happy that you're not in a chevy cobalt or your mirror would have already fallen off...then you'd be really mad.

Old 06-19-2008, 10:51 AM
Originally Posted by hullio
Not true. The Harmon Kardon sound system in our Mercedes is pretty top notch and yet the rear-view mirror and the side mirrors hardly shake compared to the G35's. Of course any car with a good sound system will cause the mirrors to vibrate, but in this case the G35's just shake a little too much. Just stating, not complaining. I could hardly care less since I'm loving this car too much.

Please tell me the size of your subwoofer(s) that you have that it is not vibrating.

Old 06-19-2008, 10:54 AM

I'm on stock no bose system and mine still vibrates. If you don't care about creases, crevices, or physics then you also shouldn't care about your mirror vibrating. I'm not the one missing "the point" by any stretch here, it's you man.

why does everyone think a 30k car is worth so much? i have a value for a dollar and im very frugal but at the same time i know what reality is...and the reality is, that a 30k car is not that expensive bro. and yes our mirrors SHOULD vibrate, you heard me right.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 1.00 average.

Quick Reply: Rearview mirror image blurring