G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Rearview mirror image blurring

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-20-2008, 11:05 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by RowanBuds
here is the problem i think. THE SUBS IN THE FRONT DOORS. I am curious if anyone who doesnt have the SOW will chime in and tell if they have the problem as bad as we obviously all do. The Subs in the front stage are something that is unique----DEFINATELY the reason that the sideviews shake so much. Since they are located in the front stage, and fire towards the center, parallel to the plane of the mirror face, the sound waves propagate across the face itself, causing it to move.

Lastly, are you 96 Camry alumni aware that the audio pkg in the 07-08 G is dramatically different than what came from the big T in the late 90's?

That could be the reason that (with stock audio) your mirrors didnt move nearly as much.
I have the stock stereo (I think 6.5" speakers up front) and yes, the mirror still vibrated. Even with the stock stereo, the majority of the bass comes from the front speakers. I like that design.

FWIW, the front door speakers on the SOW are just 10" woofers, the only sub is in the rear deck.

Since I added my Image dynamics IDQ10v3, the mirror really vibrates. I also think that stock stereo plus a good sub > SOW.

Old 06-20-2008, 11:30 PM
Moderation-free
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by RowanBuds
here is the problem i think. THE SUBS IN THE FRONT DOORS. I am curious if anyone who doesnt have the SOW will chime in and tell if they have the problem as bad as we obviously all do. The Subs in the front stage are something that is unique----DEFINATELY the reason that the sideviews shake so much. Since they are located in the front stage, and fire towards the center, parallel to the plane of the mirror face, the sound waves propagate across the face itself, causing it to move.

That could be the reason that (with stock audio) your mirrors didnt move nearly as much.
The mirror in my 2k3 Maxima didn't have big front speakers (non-Bose stereo), and the mirror still shook at high volumes. Guess it's a Nissan thing, can't say that it bothers me.

Old 06-20-2008, 11:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
im having a really hard time understanding something.... THE POINT OF THIS ENTIRE THREAD.... give it up everyone... if someone is convinced that sound waves echoing off every piece of non-absorbant glass is not gonna vibrate the thin mirror of a car and all of the parts around they are nuts. i dont know if i am correct but i think the little dots on my front dash LITTERALLY right below my rear view are a speaker.(sorry thats actually not as sarcastic as the rest... i really am speculating on the speaker thing) And that speaker creates sound. When this sound hits the rigid glass of the windshield, the mirror vibrates. If your mirror doesnt, then fu**in kudos to you, but i personally dont give a crap, because if im listening to music, im listening to it relatively loud. If you have a real problem... roll down your windows some when listening so that every sound wave isnt resonating off of everything in your car. either that or add a whole bunch of egg shell mattress pads to your windows so the sound is absorbed. Other than that.... i hope this is the last post on this thread, becuase in all honesty its an argument about a mirror vibrating. If its not the last post i hope everything after this is about how to stop my gas gauge from going down while i drive it. Cause i cant figure it out, but for what ever reason, at around 400 miles, my car turns off, so if someone could give me some help on how to stop this, id really appreciate it.

Old 06-21-2008, 01:00 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
my back windshield def vibrates from the bass as do all my mirrors when i play some tracks...

Old 06-21-2008, 10:20 AM
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Like I've said before, some people are way too picky about the weirdest things.

I remember someone saying things in his car was rattling too much after adding 2 subwoofers.

As for the C class not having a subwoofer, I think it does. My sisters 08 C350 has a nice soft feeling bass (which I'm sure is from a subwoofer) where as my car has a very punchy/strong bass.