G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Car and Driver August 2008

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-07-2008, 01:26 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am sorry guys, sadly its not a typo...........................C&D are known to be very huge BMW Di*K Rid*rs....................lol

They even rated the M3 to be better then the GTR and the the Porsche 911................No where else will you see the reviewer sittin on the BMW shift stick.

lol i never take their reviews seriously. only a 335 can beat my G, and not in handling.

Old 07-07-2008, 01:57 AM
Originally Posted by markk132
let me put it this way, i would never be caught stepping out of an evo or an sti EVER. they look like matchbox cars and don't offer even a hint of luxury. do they perform? hell yes, you can't deny that. but you simply cannot put a suit on and show up at a wedding or something, and step out of an evo or an sti. its strictly a kids car. the g35 on the other hand is a beautiful balance of luxury and sport and i cannot be happier stepping out of it no matter where i'm going. it performs better than most other cars on the road, its more luxurious than most other cars on the road, and it commands more respect FROM THE AVERAGE PERSON than most other cars on the road. the average person doesn't even know what an evo or an sti even is.
not...really. My sti had more compliments from the 50+ crowd than any other group. sure they aren't luxury cars, but the G's just an entry level variant of one anyway.

when you say "the average person" you're really just saying "women i'm looking to pick up". it's ok, though. you aint gotta lie to kick it.

i'm not sure how much respect one of the most common cars on the road since the camry/accord is going to garner, but it does ok I guess. it's a good compromise.

sorry, but that's just a ridiculous attitude to maintain. it is made even more ridiculous by the fact that the average sti owner is over 30 and races his car OFF the streets, in organized events.

Old 07-07-2008, 01:08 PM
Originally Posted by jsmonet
not...really. My sti had more compliments from the 50+ crowd than any other group. sure they aren't luxury cars, but the G's just an entry level variant of one anyway.

when you say "the average person" you're really just saying "women i'm looking to pick up". it's ok, though. you aint gotta lie to kick it.

i'm not sure how much respect one of the most common cars on the road since the camry/accord is going to garner, but it does ok I guess. it's a good compromise.

sorry, but that's just a ridiculous attitude to maintain. it is made even more ridiculous by the fact that the average sti owner is over 30 and races his car OFF the streets, in organized events.
fact of the matter is, everybody knows what a g35 is, and not everybody knows what an sti is. i think its safe to say that you need to know a good amount about cars to know what an sti or an evo is. none of my relatives (uncles, aunts, even cousins) know what an sti is, and even some of my friends who know their fair share about cars don't know what it is, simply because they don't bother to learn about cars made by subaru or mitsubishi, they only know infiniti, bmw, lexus etc. because those brands make appealing cars.

now, everyone in this forum's definition of the average person is going to be biased because everyone in this forum loves cars, therefore everyone here mostly talks to people who love cars. but if you perform a survey, and walk down a busy street, and ask every single person that walks by you, men and women alike, what an sti is, not even half will know, while probably at least 85% will know what a g35 is.

about the g35 getting respect, yea what you said is probably correct, but considering i'm only 19 years old, when people hear/see its my car, i guess i get more comments about it because i'm so young, i probably should have mentioned that in my original post, my fault.

Old 07-07-2008, 01:30 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Comparisons are rediculous...who cares if a 328i is faster/slower than a g35. how often does a 328i pull up next to you to race anyways? i didn't buy my car to race every 3 series that pulls up to me, i drive it hard when i want to and not to impress other dudes

Old 07-07-2008, 01:52 PM
wow, i just read that c&d article...they are obviously retarded...how can you rate a 328i above anything? the thing is a honda accord with a bimmer badge

they also called the GT-R a "500-hp prelude" ha

Old 07-07-2008, 01:59 PM
Originally Posted by tekieru
Crap wow... i'm like completely stunned. I thought a g could take a 335i... im scared of my friends coupe w/ vishnu performance now...
Sadly mistaken a vishnu 335i would eat a stock g37s. Especially if its a step they are faster in a straight line then the MT's.

Old 07-07-2008, 02:22 PM
Originally Posted by Bosco_604
Sadly mistaken a vishnu 335i would eat a stock g37s. Especially if its a step they are faster in a straight line then the MT's.
That's exactly what he said about the Vishnu (or the Juice Box, or any of those).

Besides, the G37 is an underperforming fat pig. The G35 Sedan is faster.

Old 07-07-2008, 09:49 PM
I came from a 2002 WRX and I consider the 3 series to be in the same league as the G35. The problem is that whenever someone places the 3 series ahead of the G35, you know they're referring to the 335. Take for example the 2008 G35x (MSRP $34,750) and compare it to the 328xi (MSRP $34,600). I consider the Infiniti to be the superior vehicle yet they cost almost exactly the same. However, when you compare the G35x to the 335xi (MSRP $41,200) then yes I will say the BMW is better. Is it $5,500 better...in my opinion not. It just seems that I always see Infiniti getting placed second-tier to BMW's 3 series when it's the 335 they're comparing it to. I see that as more of a compliment to Infiniti than BMW.

Old 07-08-2008, 12:15 AM
Even though the 335i may be slightly faster or handle slightly better, or perhaps be slightly more attractive on the exterior, I absolutely abhor the interior design and to pay $7-10000 extra for this gave it two thumbs down - no contest for me.

Old 07-08-2008, 09:26 AM
Originally Posted by d280c
Even though the 335i may be slightly faster or handle slightly better, or perhaps be slightly more attractive on the exterior, I absolutely abhor the interior design and to pay $7-10000 extra for this gave it two thumbs down - no contest for me.
Very true. I had a chance to get a 335i coupe but way to expensive compared to a G35 (though its not a coupe in the year 2008). I love my G! Just wish it had one more gear (auto) or @least a 6speed manual for the "X".

Old 07-08-2008, 04:39 PM
I feel sorry for those buying a 328i, seriously. They buy this slow car with hardly any luxury inside, The interior is crap and the car is small. To me that car simply says I bought this car because of the badge. Which is sad really. You can get a TL, G, IS350 and the coming A4 for the kind of money people spend on that car. Even a Nissan Altima V6, Honda Accord V6 are both cars that have a lot to offer than the 328i. I love to just smoke those guys, in addition, some guys just get off the fast lane when they see me coming. I used to drive an IS250, and I used to come out of the fast lane one too many times to give way to cheaper cars (Honda Civic Si). That was not a good feeling and my ego could not handle that, especially after paying +30k for a car. So naturally I looked elsewhere

Old 07-10-2008, 07:28 PM
Lip
I agree with most of what C&D or Edmunds (who said essentially the same exact thing) say about the current G35- The G35 just isn't as refined in a couple of key areas. That said, stepping out of my 06 coupe or 05 X into a newer 07+ G is like night and day.
The one area I don't agree with the mags on is the motor. No, It's not nearly as silky smooth as the BMW 3.0 (NA or FI)And given the increase in size from 3.0 to 3.5 and now 3.7, it never will be.
However, I also don't find the sound or feel of the HR motor to be objectionable. Not even close. They discount what they've done with a NA motor here. The 3.5HR is the best of the VQs in terms of overall power.

The shift linkage? They are weenies. I totally dig the 6-speed in all Gs not sure about all this vibrating crap they talk about. No, it's not as refined as BMW 6-speed. If the G had cost another $5k, it'd have the same dampened feel and the leather would be nicer too.
The clutch is for the birds and Nissan needs to just fix it once an for all.

Old 07-10-2008, 09:37 PM
Originally Posted by 306HP
I feel sorry for those buying a 328i, seriously. They buy this slow car with hardly any luxury inside, The interior is crap and the car is small. To me that car simply says I bought this car because of the badge. Which is sad really. You can get a TL, G, IS350 and the coming A4 for the kind of money people spend on that car. Even a Nissan Altima V6, Honda Accord V6 are both cars that have a lot to offer than the 328i. I love to just smoke those guys, in addition, some guys just get off the fast lane when they see me coming. I used to drive an IS250, and I used to come out of the fast lane one too many times to give way to cheaper cars (Honda Civic Si). That was not a good feeling and my ego could not handle that, especially after paying +30k for a car. So naturally I looked elsewhere
you can get a 328i with pretty much all the toys as teh 335i. you can get a is250 with pretty much all the tous as the is350. you can get a tl with pretty much all the toys of a tl-s. i own both a is350 and a g35s and i would say each car has their ups and downs. the exterior for the is350 is very much on the up side for me. i wish infiniti could elminate some of the bubble in the headlights. as for the interior it is very much on the up side in the infiniti design wise where the lexus could use a bit of work. all these cars appeal to different people, and to the people at car and driver they like the design of the bmw more so than the g35. big deal.

Old 07-11-2008, 10:43 AM
Originally Posted by archie
you can get a 328i with pretty much all the toys as teh 335i. you can get a is250 with pretty much all the tous as the is350. you can get a tl with pretty much all the toys of a tl-s. i own both a is350 and a g35s and i would say each car has their ups and downs. the exterior for the is350 is very much on the up side for me. i wish infiniti could elminate some of the bubble in the headlights. as for the interior it is very much on the up side in the infiniti design wise where the lexus could use a bit of work. all these cars appeal to different people, and to the people at car and driver they like the design of the bmw more so than the g35. big deal.
Goes to show everybody is different.
I test drove the BMW/Lexus/MBZ/Inf, and the Is-350 was the only car that I was considering over the Inf.
Reason I bought the Inf was I got a big trade in value, and invoice pricing.
I was down on the Is exterior over the Inf, however the Is interior was leaps and bounds when compared to the Inf.
I was treated like a chump at the BMW dealership, in fact the General Manager called me on a Sunday and apologized for the behavior of his salesman (seems he was off his meds) I was told that the salesman was reprimanded and that if I'd come back down they'd do everything they could to get me into a 335i. I told him where he could stick his 335 and not to call me again.

Old 07-11-2008, 12:14 PM
Originally Posted by dmkhnr
Goes to show everybody is different.
I test drove the BMW/Lexus/MBZ/Inf, and the Is-350 was the only car that I was considering over the Inf.
Reason I bought the Inf was I got a big trade in value, and invoice pricing.
I was down on the Is exterior over the Inf, however the Is interior was leaps and bounds when compared to the Inf.
I was treated like a chump at the BMW dealership, in fact the General Manager called me on a Sunday and apologized for the behavior of his salesman (seems he was off his meds) I was told that the salesman was reprimanded and that if I'd come back down they'd do everything they could to get me into a 335i. I told him where he could stick his 335 and not to call me again.
I got treated like a chump when trying to buy a used BMW M3 at a Suzuki dealership! After that, I go to look at a 328i in June 2007...they treated me like a bigger POS than the suzuki place...and I was dressed nice this time too?! Infiniti was really the only place that I was treated...well, like a regular person. Why is it that car salesman have to treat any customer who looks at a BMW and is younger than 30 like complete garbage?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Car and Driver August 2008