G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Car and Driver August 2008

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-11-2008, 12:33 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car and Driver has always been biased to the 3 series BMW, though...take it with a grain of salt. I don't care about racing when my car looks more luxurious inside and out and comes at nearly $10,000 cheaper for comparable options.

Since when has leather been an OPTION on a luxury car? Only BMW.

Old 07-11-2008, 12:56 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I agree completely with what airhoppz said, but one thing to remember is, I don't think BMW claims that they're a luxury car, at least the 3 series. It's billed more as a driver's car, not luxury. I do agree that, with the G, we get more luxury, equal options, equal to better performance and a better look (my opinion) for 10G less.

Old 07-11-2008, 01:38 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ugaexploder
I got treated like a chump when trying to buy a used BMW M3 at a Suzuki dealership! After that, I go to look at a 328i in June 2007...they treated me like a bigger POS than the suzuki place...and I was dressed nice this time too?! Infiniti was really the only place that I was treated...well, like a regular person. Why is it that car salesman have to treat any customer who looks at a BMW and is younger than 30 like complete garbage?
In my experience, you're absolutely right. I'd include MB/Jag/Porsche dealers in that group as well.

Funny story:
Back when I was about 17, my buddy and I went to this really upscale MB/Jag/Porsche dealership outside Kansas City called Aristocrat motors. We went into the showroom and started looking at the new AMG's and such they had.

Before long, we're approached by a salesman with such a look of disdain on his face, you would've thought my buddy and I were homeless.

In his snooty voice the salesman asks "Can I help you boys?".

Rather than put up with his crap, I decided to tell some half-truths to get treated nicely. "Why, yes, Sir. You can. You see, my uncle recently purchased a CLK 55 AMG (true) and he is considering moving here from Baltimore (not true)."

Salesman: *Raised eyebrows* "Oh?"

Me: "Yes, and he isn't sure if he wants to subject the car to a halfway cross country drive. The market is higher there, so he's considering selling his car there and then using the profit to just pick up another one out here. He asked me to come up here to check on availability through you."

Now at this point, the salesman is no longer skeptical, but rather sees the commission of a CLK55 AMG sale dancing around in his head. Long story short, my buddy and I get treated like near royalty at the dealership for the next hour and a half or so (beverages, cookies, personal attention: "Are you sure you're comfortable? Yes? No more Mr. Pibb?"), then get sent on our way with this guy's business card and a heartfelt farewell.

Old 07-13-2008, 02:10 PM
[QUOTE=archie]you can get a 328i with pretty much all the toys as teh 335i. QUOTE]

Yeah, but its still not a 335i. If you get it fully loaded (the 328i), it becomes overpriced IMO as the IS350 & G will give you all it has plus the extra horses. Honestly, you are better off in the coming A4 4 banger than the 328i. Anyone who takes C/D seriously on this article is mental. Thats why I read it online, dont pay a cent for their garbage.

Old 07-16-2008, 01:01 AM
RCK
My best buddy and I always buy cars at the same time. He's a BMW guy whom I tried to get into the G. But the Infiniti dealer was too far from his home in Philly. So he bought the 328 with a manual tranny. Car looks cheap and industrial inside. His straight away speed is slightly slower than my G and handling is about the same with a slight edge to the bimmer inside the corners. But I'll take the G's bigger brakes and wheels and tighter turning radius anyday.

And for a more luxury interior and sexier exterior, lower fascia (mean, mean Steve Van Zandt mean on the G) and grill, the G has it. I find the BMW grills to be weenie looking, small and pursed.