G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Rear A/C Vents?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-12-2008, 04:57 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rear A/C Vents?

I went test driving multiple cars today and forgot to look to see if the G sedan has a/c vents for the rear passengers. Can somebody help me out with this simpleton question?

Old 07-12-2008, 05:09 PM
Automatics do but manual ones do not.

Old 07-12-2008, 05:50 PM
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
automatics journey and up have rear air vents

6MT and base ATs do not.

Old 07-12-2008, 06:12 PM
Received 116 Likes on 110 Posts
Yes, but only vents with no independent temp. control. Temperature is controlled by the driver's climate control setting. Rear passengers can control flow level and direction via louvers.
It is located on the back of the center console/armrest.
There are also the typical car rear floor ducts under the front passenger seats.
What other vehicles are you testing?

Last edited by rpm&my_G35; 07-12-2008 at 06:22 PM. Reason: floor duct comment
Old 07-12-2008, 10:44 PM
Thanks for the replies guys. Now I'm glad I didn't look at the dealer because they only had autos and I want an M/T. I would have mistakenly believed I'd get the extra vents and ended up disappointed. It's certainly not a deal-breaker but it is kind of a bummer. I’m a little confused about the under-seat vents comment. Can you clarify for me?

rpm&my, I typed out my test drive rundown and it turned out to be detailed enough to make me think it should be a different thread. Check it out for your answers.

Old 07-12-2008, 10:57 PM
its hard to imagine an upscale infiniti model not having rear a/c vents...especially in a 4 door

Old 07-12-2008, 11:17 PM
It is what it is I guess. Although some may not like to think about it, these Infinitis are badged as a regular Nissan in Japan.

Old 07-13-2008, 01:15 AM
Originally Posted by oab97
It is what it is I guess. Although some may not like to think about it, these Infinitis are badged as a regular Nissan in Japan.
One thing to understand is this: cars in japan, even your "non premium" brands usually have a lot more feature set than cars sold in the US. Japanese consumers demand a lot of feature set. You would be suprised at some of the things that end up in what you consider as non premium brands. So just b/c it's branded a nissan in Japan does not mean it somehow dilutes the content of the car.

Old 07-13-2008, 06:48 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by shingles
One thing to understand is this: cars in japan, even your "non premium" brands usually have a lot more feature set than cars sold in the US. Japanese consumers demand a lot of feature set. You would be suprised at some of the things that end up in what you consider as non premium brands. So just b/c it's branded a nissan in Japan does not mean it somehow dilutes the content of the car.

Probably because in the US auto manufacturers have to appeal to the egos of stupid rich Americans that feel better because their car has a shiney badge that they can brag to their friends about.

Old 07-16-2008, 12:39 AM
RCK
A/C vents on the 6MT are under the seats, which works fine. The A/C is pretty darn powerful and I've been in the back seat a few times through this already brutal summer in the northeast and have had no complaints about the A/C, even with the graphite(black) interior in the sun.

Old 07-16-2008, 04:23 PM
So to make sure I understand:

1) The ATs get the typical louvered/swiveling vents coming out the back of the center console.
2) The MTs get vents feeding directly into the rear passenger area from under the front seats. These would be non-adjustable and I'm assuming invisible from a normal seating position.

Either way, cold air is fed directly into the rear of the car on triple digit days in Texas, right?

Old 07-16-2008, 04:42 PM
Received 213 Likes on 156 Posts
Correct on (1), i can't confirm or deny (2). I'm sure both vehicles have heater vents under the front seats though.

As for the A/C itself with Texas heat, i can tell you that the A/C is pretty darned strong. I have a PG/Graphite combo that sits out in the sun all day... and i have no tint on it.

It's a bit warm when i get in the car, but the A/C cools everything down in less than 10 minutes. I thought my old Maxima had a pretty good system, but this beats it hands-down.

The only complaint, the compressor is noticeably louder than on any other Nissan/Infiniti i've been on.

Old 07-16-2008, 05:10 PM
My AC works pretty well in the Texas heat. Even when it's left outside for like 9 hours straight in the sun (makes me sad...but my truck is almost fixed so it can sit outside now). I do have the rear vents, though, but the AC cranks up pretty well! And, thanks to a post on this forum, I learned you can make all of the windows go down remotely before you get in the car. That lets the sauna effect dissipate prior to getting in the car to make it more bearable. The seat belt buckles are still hot as hell though!

Old 07-16-2008, 07:24 PM
Moderation-free
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by soundmike
It's a bit warm when i get in the car, but the A/C cools everything down in less than 10 minutes. I thought my old Maxima had a pretty good system, but this beats it hands-down.

The only complaint, the compressor is noticeably louder than on any other Nissan/Infiniti i've been on.
Hiya Mike:

One thing to add, the G can roll the windows down with the remote (all for with Premium pkg, front two without) by holding down the unlock button. This lets some of the heat out before you get in, which helps a surprising amount.

What I can't figure out is why the G is incapable of rolling them down all the way without multiple button presses...freakin' annoying.

Old 07-16-2008, 07:53 PM
Received 213 Likes on 156 Posts
Hey Steve

That was one feature i tested first! I made use of that feature with the Max a lot of times, so i had to be sure the G had it. Now, if only the sunroof opened at the same time

I had to test out your other comment, i only clicked twice. Once to unlock and one more to bring all the windows down. Is that what you meant?

I remember with the Max it was one to unlock, another to open the window slightly and one more to get them all down - that was indeed annoying. (I know, one extra click, big deal... but it was annoying nevertheless).

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Rear A/C Vents?