G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

G37 sedan ordered, now I'm depressed...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-19-2008, 11:41 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
G37 sedan ordered, now I'm depressed...

So I ordered my platinum graphite/graphite 6MT with prem, nav, tech, splash on the 2nd of July, and have been stoked for the last two weeks cause I've been steadily reading up on the site for mods. I know what I'm going to do to the car, but it's probably still sitting in Japan in pieces, and I have to wait for another two months for it to arrive. The dealership tells me that it will be here in September. So, I'm depressed and bored. With nothing else to do, I guess I'll order the remainder of my parts. Here's my laundry list:

1) Wheels - IForged Neo in matte black with chrome barrel and lip, 20 X 8.5 fronts and 20 X 10 rears - ordered two weeks ago

2) Tires - Falken FK452 245/35R20 up front, 285/30R20 in the rear

3) Eibach Pro-kit - Probably the first thing I will install in my garage when I bring home the car from the dealer

4) Exhaust - Still deciding, I'm looking for a deep mellow tone, but don't want anything raspy. I really love the Impul, but the cost is ridiculous, I do like the sound of the Tanabe, but the exhaust tips seem a bit large. I may go with a local Magnaflow set up.

5) Spoiler - Stillen, need to order and get painted

6) Tint

I'm really wanting this car bad, but the wait is driving me nuts. I love modding cars. Here are some of my other rides:

Attached Thumbnails G37 sedan ordered, now I'm depressed...-viewimage.dll.jpeg   G37 sedan ordered, now I'm depressed...-viewimage2.jpg   G37 sedan ordered, now I'm depressed...-viewimage1.jpg  

Last edited by AAMC; 07-19-2008 at 11:47 AM.
Old 07-19-2008, 11:46 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Did they give you specifics on the car like price, options, power, etc?

How significant are the differences between the 08 G35 6MT and the 09 G37 6MT?

I'd guess power is hardly up at all and the majority of the benefit is mpg related.

Old 07-19-2008, 11:49 AM
Former G35driver Vendor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Nice list of mods coming, I want a G37 sedan. Doesn't Fast Intentions make an exhaust for the 2nd gen? .

Old 07-19-2008, 12:06 PM
Originally Posted by Scooby24
Did they give you specifics on the car like price, options, power, etc?

How significant are the differences between the 08 G35 6MT and the 09 G37 6MT?

I'd guess power is hardly up at all and the majority of the benefit is mpg related.
The only reason I ordered an '09 is because they couldn't find me an '08. I set up a deal to pay $500 over invoice because I don't know what the price is yet. The ordering options were pretty much the same except I think for two different colors. Power will probably be something similar to the G37 coupe with 6 MT, but I don't care, I just want the car. BTW, I'm also looking into the FI exhaust; I've been glued to youtube looking at all the exhaust clips.

Old 07-21-2008, 11:17 AM
$500 over invoice is a good deal on a brand new G37 Sedan, considering you will be one of the first ppl to purchase one.

The wait is killer, I waited 88 days for mine.

Good luck

Old 07-21-2008, 12:14 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by AAMC
The only reason I ordered an '09 is because they couldn't find me an '08. I set up a deal to pay $500 over invoice because I don't know what the price is yet. The ordering options were pretty much the same except I think for two different colors. Power will probably be something similar to the G37 coupe with 6 MT, but I don't care, I just want the car. BTW, I'm also looking into the FI exhaust; I've been glued to youtube looking at all the exhaust clips.
do some more research into the FI exhaust...it's basically what a local exhaust shop would do. for their prototype set, they used universal magnaflow parts with some of their own mandrel bent tubing. the only difference from their production exhaust is that they use sebring mufflers instead of the magnaflow mufflers they used in the prototype...and mandrel bent tubing.

personally, i would see if FI could sell you just the mandrel bent tubing, and get the rest of the parts from a local muffler shop

anyhow, congratulations on the purchase...oh yeah, you'll love the stillen wing...it was the first thing i did to the car. peace

Old 07-21-2008, 08:08 PM
acr
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
@ the grand cherokee

Old 07-22-2008, 12:50 AM

Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts
Welcome! Not only will you have one of the first G37 sedans, but probably one of the first with performance upgrades and other mods! Totally worth the wait!

Old 07-22-2008, 01:38 AM
Received 80 Likes on 65 Posts
Honda Accord
Am I supposed to be jealous??

Yeah, I am jealous.

Old 07-22-2008, 01:53 AM
Received 39 Likes on 27 Posts
stillen gen 2 would be a nice choice

Old 07-22-2008, 01:54 AM
Honda Accord
Stillen has Gen2 for 07+ sedans?

Old 07-22-2008, 02:09 AM
Received 47 Likes on 32 Posts
back to topic, congrats on the ordering.

Old 07-22-2008, 02:19 AM
Honda Accord
Is this gonna be another off topic thread?

Let's just congratulate our new comer? Okay?

Old 07-22-2008, 02:50 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
break it up guys. 07/08/09 who cares. new car is a new car. congrats on ordering it! i wonder when infiniti.com is gonna let us configure it.

Old 07-22-2008, 07:38 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by DaveB
How so? All I said was I feel sorry for those guys and I gave justification as to why I feel sorry for those guys. Clearly there are a lot of testy 07/08 owners. I warned Scooby numerous times on another site when he was looking at the BMW 3 series, Benz C class, and then the G. I strongly suggested he should wait if he wanted the best bang for the buck because the G37 is coming and I kind of know his car buying history. He incorrectly stated that the G37S will be no quicker than the G37 coupe and that the only advantage is the MPG. Most of us that have been around these cars and motors for years know that's not true and it sure sounds to me like he's trying to justify his decision for buying the G35 last month. His reaction to my post further suggests he's a bit ticked about his decision even though he says otherwise (read his first post).
Jealousy happens. I'm genuinely interested in finding out whether or not I have a need to be jealous. Being "testy" about my curiosity only happens when someone pokes me constantly saying "told ya so", "told ya so".

Even if the G37 is .2 seconds faster, that's not what bothers me. I bought my car when I did for my own reasons which included financing deals, trade offer, purchase deal, etc. The Possibility of waiting for a few 10ths of a second quicker sedan when compared to the risk of losing out on the current deals wasn't great enough for me to hold out. I took your suggestion then into consideration and that's all that needed to be done. I made my decision and don't need to continue to hear your input after the fact. I'm not ticked about my decision as you put it, I'm annoyed at seeing you state your opinion time and time again trying to take jabs in a "I told you so" fashion to us. What's the need? We bought our cars. It's done and over with. If you want to help people, word it in a way that would suggest those still buying to hold off for now...rather than saying "man I feel sorry for those 07/08 owners, suckers!" Quit expressing your feeling sorry for us, we don't feel sorry for ourselves and we don't need to keep hearing you say it. All I'm asking for is a little Respect. R-E-S-P-E-C-T find out what it means to me.

Now back to the future 09 owner. Congrats

Last edited by Scooby24; 07-22-2008 at 07:44 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: G37 sedan ordered, now I'm depressed...