G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Help! Did significant damage to the front bumper!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-08-2008, 11:19 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm not calling the insurance. I'm just going to go ahead and have it replaced.

Old 08-08-2008, 11:22 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by RyanFow
"And I don't know if the dog died. Probably did after a few minutes"

Didn’t you stop to find out??
dude, if the bumper looks like that what in the hell do you think the dog would look like?

Old 08-08-2008, 01:09 PM

Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts
NewGuyG35 ... you have a PM.

Old 08-08-2008, 02:01 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by RyanFow
"And I don't know if the dog died. Probably did after a few minutes"

Didn’t you stop to find out??
Seriously.

What the hell dude? Hit and run? NOT cool.

Old 08-08-2008, 02:08 PM
Received 72 Likes on 51 Posts
The dog is not his responsibility. It would have been no different if he hit an elephant or coyote. The animal is the responsibility of the owner. It's funny how dogs get some sort of priority over other animals.

Old 08-08-2008, 03:19 PM
OMG! who cares about your front bumper!!! that poor dog!!!!!..................... =(((((((((((((((((((((( you just left the dog there dying by itself?? that is unacceptable.. i don't feel sorry about your car AT ALL.

Old 08-08-2008, 03:20 PM
Originally Posted by DaveB
The dog is not his responsibility. It would have been no different if he hit an elephant or coyote. The animal is the responsibility of the owner. It's funny how dogs get some sort of priority over other animals.
it doesn't matter whether if was a dog or not.. even if it was a cat or wutever... the fact that he just did a "hit and run"... that's not cool man

Old 08-08-2008, 03:39 PM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
So what exactly should he have done. and lets happen to say the dog was still half alive, then what?

Old 08-08-2008, 03:40 PM
Originally Posted by jamjamz
it doesn't matter whether if was a dog or not.. even if it was a cat or wutever... the fact that he just did a "hit and run"... that's not cool man
Animal came out in front of the car. Animal got hit by the car. Owner of animal is responsible for the safety of the animal and protecting others from said animal. An unleashed dog, regardless if it escaped from your property is your responsiblity and you are liable for any damages the said animal does including damage done to the car even though the animal may be dead. Now if NewGuy drove up on a sidewalk and ran over a leashed animal being walked by it's owner, then he would be responsible for the animal's death.

NewGuy as ABSOLUTELY no obligation to stop and check to see if the unleashed animal is okay after he hit it while driving in a legal manner. Zilch.

I like dogs and I own cats. I don't even kill the spiders I find in my house (I capture them and take them outside). But if I hit an animal with my car, I think to myself that it sucks and I feel sorry for the animal, but it's really out of my control and I have no moral responsibility or legal obligation to check on the well-being of that animal.

Old 08-08-2008, 03:41 PM
Originally Posted by pczavala
So what exactly should he have done. and lets happen to say the dog was still half alive, then what?
That's an easy one. Hit it again, especially if it's a poodle j/k lighten up everyone

Last edited by DaveB; 08-08-2008 at 03:48 PM.
Old 08-08-2008, 03:43 PM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
AGREED!!with DAVEB Ive heard several horror stories here in cali where somehow the driver is able to trace the dog back to the owner and sues him/her for damages done to the vehicle. as if loosing a dog is not bad enough but now you need to pay for some damages....

Old 08-08-2008, 03:47 PM
AGREED!!with DAVEB Ive heard several horror stories here in cali where somehow the driver is able to trace the dog back to the owner and sues him/her for damages done to the vehicle. as if loosing a dog is not bad enough but now you need to pay for some damages....
Here's another one with a twist. My 17 y/o cousin hit a cat in a subdivision area. She stopped and turned around to go back and see what she could do. She got out of the car to look at the cat and a women driving down the street clipped my cousin. She hurt her knee and got a couple of cuts. My cousin actually got a ticket for being in the street and in the way of traffic. The driver of the car did not get a ticket. Oh and the cat was dead.

Old 08-09-2008, 09:14 AM
Whether or not you a liable for the damages to the pet owners PROPERTY (the pet) depends on the leash laws of you city.

Why do dogs/cats get priority over other animals? Because they are owned by people as pets.

Bottom line: Hit and run on a pet is a total dick move. IF the animal was still alive, you could try to find the owner (name tags) and they could take the animal to the vet and possibly save its life. IF the animal is dead, the owner can do a proper burial.

Leaving it dead or alive in the street to get run over continuously by other cars is a dick move.

What're you going to do when you hit a small child? Just say, "well, the kid shouldn't have been playing in the street....." and keep driving??

Old 08-09-2008, 09:17 AM
If that's the law, then that's what "rules" you should have to follow though. People should keep track of their pets.

But, who owns a dog that HASN'T had one "escape" at some point? They can dig out, someone else will leave a door or gate open, etc.

If someone kills my dog, I'd hope they'd have the decency to let me know so I don't spend the next 2 weeks looking for the thing.

Old 08-09-2008, 09:19 AM
I get the feeling that if quite a few people here saw a guy drowning and they had a life preserver would just keep on walking and say to themselves, "not my problem."

Even if you don't have a legal obligation, doesn't mean it isn't the right or proper thing to do.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Help! Did significant damage to the front bumper!