G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Help! Did significant damage to the front bumper!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-09-2008, 11:05 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I agree with Silver and some of the others.

It's not necessarily just what the law dictates, but more of what does the HUMAN being with any sense of compassion do. While there may have been no legal mandate, there is a moral and ethical mandate that says a life is much more important than a piece of metal. And this is coming from a gear head with a history of 44 cars.

And if you say "stupid dog"...compared to a human most things are stupid, including most other humans. Like the one who let his dog run free. But that does not mitigate your part in the accident.

As a dog owner myself, I have never had mine get out period or run loose. But if they had, and either was hit by a car, AND the driver kept going leaving him to die or get hit over and over, I can assure you I would not only track down who did it (easy find by pulling local body shop records), but I would also get litigious...if nothing more than to prove a point where most people would feel and remember it...in their pocket book.

Old 08-09-2008, 01:26 PM
Originally Posted by jamjamz
it doesn't matter whether if was a dog or not.. even if it was a cat or wutever... the fact that he just did a "hit and run"... that's not cool man
The way you responded makes me shake my head and laugh. The dog is the owners responsibility. Yes I have a few animals and love them but d@mn this guy has $1000.00 in damage that someone needs to pay for. No one wants to kill an animal, but it happens when they are loose and running out into the street. I had to laugh when you said "even if it was a cat or watever" Wow you're a peta guy "fo sho". Even if it was a cat, LOL. Cats are somehow lower on your list I guess. I bet human babies are even lower than cats.

Last edited by EWG35; 08-09-2008 at 01:44 PM.
Old 08-09-2008, 01:52 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by EWG35
The way you responded makes me shake my head and laugh. The dog is the owners responsibility. Yes I have a few animals and love them but d@mn this guy has $1000.00 in damage that someone needs to pay for. No one wants to kill an animal, but it happens when they are loose and running out into the street. I had to laugh when you said "even if it was a cat or watever" Wow you're a peta guy "fo sho". Even if it was a cat, LOL. Cats are somehow lower on your list I guess. I bet human babies are even lower than cats.
PETA stands for one thing IMO, People Eating Tasty Animals. They're a bunch of wackos.

This is about respect for other people more than it is for the animals. Pets are property. It's about common decency.

No different than if you door ding someone in a parking lot and leave a note. If you don't, you're a dick. Obviously, most people are dicks.

Old 08-09-2008, 03:02 PM
Originally Posted by silverG2007
PETA stands for one thing IMO, People Eating Tasty Animals. They're a bunch of wackos.

This is about respect for other people more than it is for the animals. Pets are property. It's about common decency.

No different than if you door ding someone in a parking lot and leave a note. If you don't, you're a dick. Obviously, most people are dicks.
I mostly agree with you. What makes me laugh is the comment about dogs being higher on his list over cats, and probaby human babies. I always shake my head at people like this. If you ask them what is worse: Animal abuse or abortion, they always say animal abuse. It's called "selective compassion". I know no one brought up babies but I've spoken with people that say these things too many times, and their beliefs are usually consistant.

PS: I WOULD stop to check the dog, because I care... And I'd get the owners name from a tag so I could bill them. Litigious is right, I'd have them pay up, with compassion.

This thread officially now belongs in "off topic"

Old 08-09-2008, 06:47 PM
LOL @ the one person comparing a dog to a human.

Old 08-10-2008, 03:34 AM
btw im not a guy =)

and yes it's not about what kind of animal it is.. i dun see a dog being in a "higher rank" than a cat.. i, myself own 2 cats and a dog.. and i treat them all equally.. they are my family.

and as a few others have mentioned here.. it's not whether it's your responsibility or not, it's about repect. if it was dead.. as least move it to the side so it wont get ran over again.. or it might even cause another accident. Call the owner or something.. as least they'll know wussup instead of wondering around.. looking for that poor dog. You dun gotta let them know who you are.... at least let them know wussup...

Old 08-10-2008, 03:50 AM
CLUB MODERATOR
Received 347 Likes on 246 Posts
bumper does not look ripped or anything.

Try a heat gun on it.

You could prolly remove some of the scratches with scratchX.

Old 08-10-2008, 02:17 PM
Premier Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by DaveB
NewGuy as ABSOLUTELY no obligation to stop and check to see if the unleashed animal is okay after he hit it while driving in a legal manner. Zilch.

I like dogs and I own cats. I don't even kill the spiders I find in my house (I capture them and take them outside). But if I hit an animal with my car, I think to myself that it sucks and I feel sorry for the animal, but it's really out of my control and I have no moral responsibility or legal obligation to check on the well-being of that animal.
Now I see why everyone on the org hates you. You are a complete a$$. I hope someone runs down one of your pets, a$$hole.

Old 08-10-2008, 02:20 PM
Premier Member

The way you responded makes me shake my head and laugh. The dog is the owners responsibility. Yes I have a few animals and love them but d@mn this guy has $1000.00 in damage that someone needs to pay for.
And the person whos animal you just ran down just lost a $2000 pet, now what?

Seriously all you jacka$$es need to taken out to a field and shot.

Old 08-10-2008, 05:19 PM
Received 85 Likes on 74 Posts
I take a day away from this thread and I'm amazed at what it's turned into.

Can we get back on topic?
Is the car going in for repair or are you going to try and salvage the existing cover?

Old 08-10-2008, 06:58 PM
Originally Posted by stardust
And the person whos animal YOU just ran down just lost a $2000 pet, now what?

Seriously all you jacka$$es need to taken out to a field and shot.
Talk about Jack@**! Get a grip. Plus who lets a $2000 poodle run the streets? You are probalby the guy that let's his kids play in the street and when your kid get hit and you try to sue the driver. Take responsibility for yourself? Sometimes it is your fault. Don't always blame it on someone else.

Is that a threat? You better watch who your saying your are going to shoot over a dog.... Seriously.

PS: Nobody hates DaveB, other than you.

PPS: I did not run do anyones dog, cat or child.

Last edited by EWG35; 08-10-2008 at 10:06 PM.
Old 08-10-2008, 07:05 PM
I'm replacing the bumper. I'll try to pop it back how it used to be but I highly doubt I'll have success with that. If I can pop it back to how it used to be and apply some scratch x, I might just leave it the way it is.

Old 08-10-2008, 07:26 PM
Premier Member

Talk about Jack@**! Get a grip. Plus who lets a $2000 poodle run the streets? You are probalby the guy that let's his kids play in the street and when your kid get hit and you try to sue the driver. Take responsibility for yourself? Sometimes it is your fault. Don't always blame it on someone else.
Dogs do dig under fences and open gates.

Is that a threat? You better watch who your saying your are going to shoot over a dog.... Seriously.
no, should I be scared of you?

PS: Nobody hates DaveB, other than you.
Learn to read, I said the org (as in maxima.org) not g35driver.com

PPS: I did not run do anyones dog, cat or child.
I never said you did.

Old 08-10-2008, 07:49 PM
Received 85 Likes on 74 Posts
Can't we all just be friends?

Old 08-10-2008, 09:05 PM
Originally Posted by stardust
Dogs do dig under fences and open gates.

no, should I be scared of you?

Learn to read, I said the org (as in maxima.org) not g35driver.com

I never said you did.
A. If you don't pay attention to your pet they sure do. My neighbor is one of those knuckle heads. I put his dog back in once a week. He does not care. Everyone else on my block contains their animals. (BTW who ever said it was a $2000 poodle, other than you?)

B. If you threaten me, you bet. Otherwise I'm chill.

C. Oh, I need to understand what the "ORG" is. I guess I need to buy a Maxima, jack$tick.

D. You sure did (see the bold above). ...and you also said "you" jack@sses need...to be shot. Get a grip. You are saying a human being, for not being compassionate enough over a stray animal damaging his car, needs to be shot? Read your own words. If you said that in front of me, well, you wouldn't.

Last edited by EWG35; 08-10-2008 at 10:10 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Help! Did significant damage to the front bumper!