G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

08 xS had to be towed....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-08-2008, 02:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
08 xS had to be towed....

My G35xS had a gremlin yesterday and got a call from Infiniti this morning stating that they do not know the root cause.

Problem:
I pulled into a parking space yesterday and my HVAC quit working. None of the buttons would respond. I decided to turn the car off and restart. After restarting the none of the gauges would move. The RPM\Speed\Temp\Fuel all resgistered nothing. The display backlighting worked. The center console screen between the gauges started flashing estimated miles till empty. The outside temp display also read nothing. The shift lock would not disengage either. I called Infiniti road side service and it took 1hr 45m for them to arrive, which is 45 minutes more than the initial estimate.

Infiniti called me this morning and stated they were ordering some AC module but do not know if this will fix the issue. Anyone had this problem? I am very disappointed in Infiniti considering the car only has 7K miles. This is the first car I have ever had towed and it was embarrasing watching a brand new car being lifted on the tow truck.

Old 09-08-2008, 02:28 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Wow, no nothing like that on my 08 X. Keep us posted.

Old 09-08-2008, 02:39 PM
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
I don't see anything embaressing about a car being towed, it's just reality. But you have every right to be pissed off because I'm sure you spend/spent a pretty penny to drive in this Infiniti. I suggest you keep putting pressure on Infiniti service department, and let them know your one very unsatisfied costumer.

Old 09-08-2008, 08:53 PM
Received 28 Likes on 26 Posts
nothing like that on my 07 X either... there is so much electronics in these cars nowadays,,,,, hopefully its something simple... sorry to here this though...def. keep us posted!!!

Old 09-08-2008, 09:31 PM
Wow, sorry to hear that. I hope they get your car diagnosed and fixed asap. I can see why you'd be upset about this, but try not to take it out on the service dept. I know it's a frustrating ordeal but with the massive amounts of electronics in the newer cars, it's expected that some may have problems, it just sucks that it would happen to you... Anyway I hope your service dept is treating you well, it seems like they're being upfront with you about the repairs and are trying to keep you updated, I'd say cut them some slack if you can, after all they're trying to fix your problem, they didn't cause it.

Old 09-08-2008, 09:53 PM
My horns hold up my halo
Not heard of that one but hopefully it is something minor and a quick fix.

Old 09-09-2008, 10:23 PM
I went and picked up my car today at the dealer. The dealer stated that they replaced an A/V control board in the center console. This seems to have taken care of the problem. They still cannot figure out why it happened. Thanks to all for your replies.

Old 09-17-2008, 09:04 PM
I had it happen to me too. I called my dealer and at first he said I had a dead battery. Then he asked if I had automatic trans. I told him yes, that I have a G35X. He said to jiggle the shifter. I told him I already did that, but this time I jiggled it harder. Then sure enough, I pushed the start button and it started. It has not done it since.

Old 09-17-2008, 10:22 PM
hey man, i'm sorry for your problems. sounds awful but hopefully everything turns out okay.

I had a issue with the service (Tim Dale in SLC) from Infiniti as well. During my service they removed my front bumper and then refused to put it back on (asking for $150 to put the bumper back). Simply outraged with that. Also with the road side assistance... didnt take 1.45 hours but it took them a extra 20miutes (got lost) to get to me when my car died @ 3k miles.

btw does anyone know the synthetic oil number for our cars? Is it 5W something

Old 09-17-2008, 10:53 PM
Received 85 Likes on 74 Posts
Originally Posted by tekieru

btw does anyone know the synthetic oil number for our cars? Is it 5W something
Search is your friend.

Read this thread.