G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Chipped Grills. Who has had replaced by Infiniti?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-19-2008, 12:49 AM
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
I also have so many chips on my original grill. If the dealer where I bought my car refuses to replace it for free, can I bring my car to another Infiniti dealer for replacement ?

Old 09-19-2008, 09:53 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You can have your Infiniti serviced and/or do warranty work at any Infiniti dealership nationwide. Of course, every dealership may treat you the same and refuse to replace the grill under warranty. My guess is that you have the best chance where you bought it.

Old 09-19-2008, 02:12 PM
Originally Posted by jerminator
You can have your Infiniti serviced and/or do warranty work at any Infiniti dealership nationwide. Of course, every dealership may treat you the same and refuse to replace the grill under warranty. My guess is that you have the best chance where you bought it.
Yes, but possibly like Austin my city only has one dealer. The next nearest dealer is 200 mile north or south and chances are they will say no. For the cost of gas round trip 400 miles (probably have to make 2 trips - 800 miles) and time saved it would just be cheaper to buy a new one myself. Infiniti is a joke on this topic and so are these dealers. They know they is an issue and won't stand up and make it right. This is why I'm trying to get others to help me create a list of people with this issue so we can all get new grills. So far though nothing on this thread has helped in that effort. Infiniti told me they do not rely on info from a web forums, They'd need specific facts.
Owner name, contact info, location and dealerships. If anyone wants to PM me info please do and I'll compile a list and try to get all of our grills replaced. Otherwise I guess I'll just buy a new one and move on. Thanks~

Old 09-19-2008, 07:42 PM
Eh, if that is the case, I won't hesitate to give out my information so that we can make a list of customers to push Infiniti dealers to do what they are supposed to.
Me go first:
Minh Nguyen
Infiniti of Tustin, CA

If you need some more information, just pm me. I hope we can get enough people here on the list so we all can get what we deserve.

Old 09-19-2008, 08:23 PM
Donald ****
Infiniti of Tustin, CA

Old 09-20-2008, 01:13 AM
It is issues like this that will keep Infiniti 1 rung lower on the ladder than Lexus, BMW and Mercedes.

Old 09-20-2008, 01:57 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i called last week to get mine replaced got my bumper painted and nismo lip but my grill looks like hell said if its peeling theyll replace it, if its chips they wont

Old 09-20-2008, 02:16 PM
Thanks Minh and Donald. I'll begin to compile a list. I'm sure i'd need about 50 names before they'd take us serious. Anyone that wants to PM rather than posting, please PM me. I'd like to see them fix this minor issue.

Thanks,
Eric

Old 09-20-2008, 10:14 PM
mine was replaced, same day i mentioned it, no questions asked. ( i live in the U.S.)

Old 09-20-2008, 11:28 PM
Originally Posted by Pie-rat
mine was replaced, same day i mentioned it, no questions asked. ( i live in the U.S.)
Which dealership?
Thanks!

Old 09-23-2008, 01:41 AM
i dont do much freeway driving but mine has maybe 1 chip...maybe some 08s are different?

Old 09-23-2008, 02:08 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i havent notice chips in mine either

Old 09-24-2008, 04:10 AM
Originally Posted by dano100
It is issues like this that will keep Infiniti 1 rung lower on the ladder than Lexus, BMW and Mercedes.
Talking about luxury cars, why the heck G35 have loud wind noise? Many people got this issue when their car get over 12k miles. I got this annoying wind noise when the car reached 18k miles. Unfortunately, there is no permanent fix yet even with the dealer. Can we also compile a list so that Infiniti will take this issue seriously?

Old 09-24-2008, 02:56 PM
Chips in bumpers and front grilles are a normal part of driving. Depending on where you drive, the amount of crap on the road, and alot of other variables, you could get more/less chips on your paint. It's good to see that some people got these taken care of for free, but if not, then good luck trying with another dealer.

I would think that because a chip is caused by an external force, the dealer wouldn't warranty that as it is not a defect in manufacturing or component, it's from a rock or other crap hitting your car. I do alot of mixed driving in my car, highway and city driving and every car I've driven in the last 15 years has suffered from rock chips in the front panels ( hood, bumper, and sometimes fenders ) It's a part of driving. I've noticed though, it does seem to occur more when doing highway driving, (probably due to the higher speeds of the cars and the crap hitting them ).

Anyway, as I said, if your dealer won't take care of it for you, try another one, and hopefully they will help you out.

Old 09-24-2008, 10:16 PM
Originally Posted by tdm racer
Chips in bumpers and front grilles are a normal part of driving. Depending on where you drive, the amount of crap on the road, and alot of other variables, you could get more/less chips on your paint. It's good to see that some people got these taken care of for free, but if not, then good luck trying with another dealer.

I would think that because a chip is caused by an external force, the dealer wouldn't warranty that as it is not a defect in manufacturing or component, it's from a rock or other crap hitting your car. I do alot of mixed driving in my car, highway and city driving and every car I've driven in the last 15 years has suffered from rock chips in the front panels ( hood, bumper, and sometimes fenders ) It's a part of driving. I've noticed though, it does seem to occur more when doing highway driving, (probably due to the higher speeds of the cars and the crap hitting them ).

Anyway, as I said, if your dealer won't take care of it for you, try another one, and hopefully they will help you out.
I agree with what you say in general, but here is the catch. I don't drive on the highway. I live 6 miles from work, have put 17000 miles on in 20 months. Maybe 1000 miles of interstate, not freeway driving. I average 25 miles per hour according to my cars computer (this obviously include waiting at stop lights). What is telling to me is this. I've lived in the same home and driven to the same office for the past 6 years and have not change my driving patterns. This car has 500 times more chips than my last car had, any I don't mean 500%, I mean 500 times more! That car had 78,000 when I sold it and it was flawless. Not a door ding, a scratch or any chips in either my paint of my chrome plastic grill (Chrysler 300M). My wifes car has just under 20k miles and her car is also flawless. No chips in her plastic chrome grill. I've taken very good care of every car I've ever owned and have never experienced anything like this. It's remarkable.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Chipped Grills. Who has had replaced by Infiniti?