G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Chipped Grills. Who has had replaced by Infiniti?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-24-2008, 11:12 PM
Received 116 Likes on 110 Posts
Mine has lots of chips too IMO. The paint on the front, all around it, does not. I do 95% city driving and I never tailgate.
My dealer took a look at it last week and told me to bring it back if it gets worse. I was not very happy about his comments. How bad is bad enough when the chrome grill looks like $hit on a one year old $48k car. My last car was 4years old had never had a chip in the chrome/plastic grill.
I also asked him if I could keep the old one if they ever replace it and he said no because they have to show it to Infiniti.
Wayne, they replaced yours...right?
Shane, how did you manage to keep your old one if they are supposed to return it to Infiniti to show them?...as proof I assume.
I think I was just handed my first load of BS from this dealership, which I have been praising until now.

Old 09-24-2008, 11:26 PM
Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by rpm&my_G35
Mine has lots of chips too IMO. The paint on the front, all around it, does not. I do 95% city driving and I never tailgate.
My dealer took a look at it last week and told me to bring it back if it gets worse. I was not very happy about his comments. How bad is bad enough when the chrome grill looks like $hit on a one year old $48k car. My last car was 4years old had never had a chip in the chrome/plastic grill.
I also asked him if I could keep the old one if they ever replace it and he said no because they have to show it to Infiniti.
Shane, how did you manage to keep your old one if they are supposed to return it to Infiniti to show them?...as proof I assume.
I think I was just handed my first load of BS from this dealership, which I have been praising until now.
Yes Paul mine was replaced with no problem.
I believe you also deal at Guelph, correct?
If I remember correctly (memory banks are slowin down ), it was Mike that I showed it to. He went out, looked at and when they were done servicing my car he told me they were ordering me a new one.

Old 09-25-2008, 07:11 AM
Traveling Administrator
Received 175 Likes on 102 Posts
Originally Posted by rpm&my_G35

Paul, I live 4 hours each way from my dealership so they just shipped me a replacement one so I wouldn't have to make the 8 hour trek to get the new one installed. I sent a couple of pictures of all of the chips and pitts and that was good enough for them. I agreed to do the swap out myself since it only takes 15 mins or so.

Old 09-25-2008, 08:20 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I asked what they do with the old ones. They keep them just in case Infiniti asking about it. They don't ship it back at all to Infiniti. SAme here I've talked to Mike and He came out. I showed him the grill. I also asked if He saw any chiping around the grill on the paint. He did not see any. So he told me to go in and order one.
I believe they replaced my first. Not sure tho. They replaced mine in January 07. I have to dig out the paperwork to see exactly.

Hope this helps.

tg