G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Car won't run

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-25-2008, 08:58 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Car won't run

Hey, i was wondering if any of y'all had this problem. This morning my car's "service engine soon" light came on. Nothing seemed wrong though. I kept driving, and after running a few errands i noticed it idling rough. It got progressively worse as the day went on. Then it started shifting really high and hard. Then it started hesitating while giving gas, and also wouldn't go from a stop. I would press on the gas, it wouldn't move, then it'd jump. Then it started bucking pretty hard. Well it's been in the garage ever since i got home, and after about 3 hours of letting it sit, it won't drive. It's start up, Idle REALLY REALLY hard at ~500 rpm and shut off.... I called Infiniti, but they don't have an opening till Monday morning, and I have work tomorrow....

Last edited by SVLRx; 09-30-2008 at 11:28 AM.
Old 09-25-2008, 09:04 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
So wait...you get a service engine light, ignore it and proceed to drive until your car is damn near dead on the side of the road? Hopefully the dealer will take care of everything for you.

Old 09-25-2008, 09:07 PM
Off hand, it sounds like a electric throttle body failure. Get it towed into the dealer, they should be able to help you

Next time, I wouldn't drive with the car like that though... If the service engine light is on, it could be just a sensor or other minor problem, but if the car starts acting up, it's time to take it in before you get stuck.

Old 09-25-2008, 09:09 PM
Yea, i know i shouldn't drive it with the light on, but i was ~30 miles away from home, so i needed to drive home. Plus i had a friend read the OBDII code and says its running lean, so i didn't think much of it.

Old 09-25-2008, 11:04 PM
sounds like it could be the transmition imo...if your shifting is really late and shifting hard...thats exactly what happens to a broken transmission for the 07 g's...did it sound like a belt was loose or your car sounded supercharged...i had the same problem...my car had a huge whistle to it..and shifted ridiculously late...very rough..so i towed it to dealer....they couldnt find out what was wrong with it so i said check transmission..and it had a light so they replaced it under warrenty

im disappointed in 07 g35s transmissions...they seem vvery week and unreliable...plus tulsa jackie cooper infiniti said that once mine has been replaced once...they wont replace it again under warrenty so im worried

Old 09-25-2008, 11:53 PM
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Why won't they replace it again under warrranty?

Old 09-26-2008, 01:46 AM
Unless they can show me in the warranty contract where they will only replace 1 transmission, they can pound sand. That is exactly why lemon laws exist, fix the same problem 3 times, and they get to buy it back.

Old 09-26-2008, 02:02 AM
shooda bought a "sport", heeeee.DOMO

Old 09-26-2008, 02:13 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Sux man, hope they figure out the problem

Old 09-26-2008, 05:37 AM
Originally Posted by titan13qb
sounds like it could be the transmition imo...if your shifting is really late and shifting hard...thats exactly what happens to a broken transmission for the 07 g's...did it sound like a belt was loose or your car sounded supercharged...i had the same problem...my car had a huge whistle to it..and shifted ridiculously late...very rough..so i towed it to dealer....they couldnt find out what was wrong with it so i said check transmission..and it had a light so they replaced it under warrenty

im disappointed in 07 g35s transmissions...they seem vvery week and unreliable...plus tulsa jackie cooper infiniti said that once mine has been replaced once...they wont replace it again under warrenty so im worried

lol maybe u need to do a lemon law on it my friend had a 350z and the dealer replaced his like 3x and it still didnt work rite sooo he had to do the lemon law got alll his money back and got a new g37 now look in to it..

Old 09-26-2008, 07:52 AM
Shoot, i should of had them buy back my TL back in the day then.. Changed the tranny 4 times in that car, but it was all covered under warranty. But yea, the code said it was running lean, but it does kinda feel like a transmission problem now that i think of it. Kinda like how my TL felt when it's transmission was going out...

Old 09-26-2008, 07:58 AM
The goblin resurrection

Received 187 Likes on 95 Posts
what code was it throwing?

Old 09-26-2008, 10:04 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
If your car is not running, tow it to the dealer, and get a loner, simple as that you dont need to wait for an opening.

Thats what i would do, just take it there get a loaner, and it is thier problem.

Old 09-26-2008, 10:14 AM
Received 184 Likes on 159 Posts
Im pretty sure its just the throttle body faliure, if it was the transmission then the car would idle and start fine and as you said that the OBD read that you were running lean, i hope you have not caused too much damage to the engine though, but shold be covered under warrenty and dont tell them you drive it even after the light

Old 09-26-2008, 12:41 PM
Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts
I'm with the others on the throttle body failure. I wouldn't start jumping to larger conclusions until there is some evidence to do so. I had a Nissan 240sx that drove with those same characteristics on a specific occasion. It was an easy fix to the throttle position sensor. You're probably looking at a similar sort of thing IMO. It definitely could be more serious but at this point it's hard to say. Get it into the shop.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Car won't run