G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Frustraiting wait has me looking at alternative

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-15-2008, 04:23 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Frustraiting wait has me looking at alternative

I had discounted alternatives to the G because nothing else except the 335 ( which I don't think is worth the price premium) met my desire for a RWD performance sedan with a M/T option. Now though, as the wait for Infiniti to actually deliver the G37 to U.S. customers marches on with no firm end in sight and Dec. rumors starting to circulate, another option is poised to enter the field. The Pontiac G8 GXP will have a 402hp Corvette-based LS3 V8 and come with a 6-spd manual. It's supposed to be here by the end of the year and offers beastly performance for under $40K.

If Infiniti continues to play these silly games trying to slough off 08s by holding back the 09 G37 they're poised to lose at least one sale, probably more.

Old 10-15-2008, 05:33 PM
Originally Posted by oab97
I had discounted alternatives to the G because nothing else except the 335 ( which I don't think is worth the price premium) met my desire for a RWD performance sedan with a M/T option. Now though, as the wait for Infiniti to actually deliver the G37 to U.S. customers marches on with no firm end in sight and Dec. rumors starting to circulate, another option is poised to enter the field. The Pontiac G8 GXP will have a 402hp Corvette-based LS3 V8 and come with a 6-spd manual. It's supposed to be here by the end of the year and offers beastly performance for under $40K.

If Infiniti continues to play these silly games trying to slough off 08s by holding back the 09 G37 they're poised to lose at least one sale, probably more.
I'm in the same boat as you, I'm in DESPERATE need of a car but I just keep waiting for the G37S sedan, getting annoyed because right now I'm sharing a car and it's NOT COOL! I'm at the point that I don't know what to do anymore.

Old 10-15-2008, 05:36 PM
I'm right there with you. My lease expires at the end of November and I thought I'd have plenty of time for "my" G37 to come in, but it's not looking that way. I don't know what I'll do because I really don't want an '08 G35.

I did find out I'm getting an inheritance so I just might take that and go get an M3, though, if this keeps up!

Freakin' Infiniti!

Old 10-15-2008, 05:51 PM
In Canada all the dealers have received at least one shipment of G37 Sedans. Some people have even started taking delivery of them. I highly doubt the December delivery rumours.

Old 10-15-2008, 06:21 PM
For those who might consider the Vauxhaul err.. I meant G8, check out this vid:

I had a chance test-driving the Corvette but never got used to the push-rod after driving over head cam engines all these years.

Old 10-15-2008, 06:26 PM
Received 161 Likes on 122 Posts
Nice find on the video. The Stig thrashed that thing!

Old 10-15-2008, 06:32 PM
Red Card Crew

Received 583 Likes on 496 Posts
Um it's wet time was just behind a 911??? Seems good to me.

Old 10-15-2008, 09:13 PM
I've got to say that 402hp/402ftlb is pretty appealing. I really like the G8 and test drove a GT even though I was 99% sure I wanted a standard. The GXP engine pkg. is really a closer comparison to the RS4, M3, C63 crowd than the 335/G group even though it's in that price range. For those of you that haven't looked at a G8 up close the interior and options aren't up to Infiniti standards but to be fair, the Australian Holden interior materials, fit, & finish are way better than the rest of Pontiac's sad American plastic pits. The same was true of the GTO which was also Australian built.

Still, I think the G is the car I'd rather have. Really looking forward to bluetooth, Bose, intelligent key, etc. 328hp is enough to keep me happy and the G is a smaller, lighter, more nimble car to drive. Also, although the G is no fuel sipper it won't guzzle near as much of your wallet as a 6.0L pushrod V8. As I said though, if Infiniti continues to sit on their hands, I think I'd be happy in a GXP if it come to that.

Old 10-15-2008, 09:25 PM
I'm getting frustrated as well. In addition, I don't tend to buy my cars because I like to have something new every three years. I know that the lease rates won't be favorable, but I'm really worried that they are REALLY going to be crappy. Today was supposed to be the wholesale release date for my car. I'm going to call my dealership to see what's up.

Old 10-16-2008, 01:01 AM
I was really looking forward to getting a g37, but with all the extra time they have given me, I just don't know anymore. I have almost justified the extra months without a car payment might allow me to afford something else.

Old 10-16-2008, 01:07 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by jdub15
I have almost justified the extra months without a car payment might allow me to afford something else.

BINGO!

I will never understand you lease junkies.

Old 10-16-2008, 10:51 AM
I won't be leasing the car. With extra time to save, I can put myself in a different car for the same payment. I plan on owning this car for a long time and right now I would have to settle for a model that is not equipped the way I want or wait another three months for a special order. Then I am locked into this order agreement when I might be in an even better negotiation position due to the recession if I just waited 3 months.

The dealers I talk to are annoying at times. They want me to put a car on order that may not be what I want. I don't feel comfortable ordering a car with a dealer that does not know 100% on the option packages are going to work.

Old 10-16-2008, 11:20 AM
Wink

Originally Posted by BlueDevilBAMF
BINGO!

I will never understand you lease junkies.
It is easy to understand why you lease! My first 05 G35 had an MSRP of $36,200. The 39 month residual was 59%. The actual value of the car was $18K(< 50%) when I handed the keys back to them 36 months later.

My current 08 G35 Sedan has a 36 month residual of 60%. Wanna take a guess at how much that will actually be worth in 36 months? With the G37 sedan coming out my guess is that the value of the G35 is heading south already!

Basically, it is not worth owning a car anymore as long as the leasing companies keep over estimating the residual. BMW and Infiniti corrected their residuals recently and now leasing is not quite as attractive. It was nice while it lasted though.

Old 10-16-2008, 12:16 PM
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
You guys should order a car; ordered cars (and customer ordered cars ONLY) are being sent to dealers.

If you're local to me or willing to drive, I can order the car EXACTLY how you want it, as long as it is a possible combination (e.g. the brochure says you can make it; I can't make odd color combinations, or give you a Nav package without the Prm, etc.)

Old 10-16-2008, 01:01 PM
Mike, I'm not sure if my car is a customer ordered car. I'm a VPP candidate and the sales manager explained it as though she was going to change one of the dealer orders for their planned allotment to meet my exact specifications. As I understand it, my "order" was simply incorporated into their monthly batch order as a dealer. Does this make sense to you? Is this what you mean when you say "customer ordered"?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Frustraiting wait has me looking at alternative