G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Plat Graphite vs. Black

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-16-2008, 12:49 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Go with the PG. I have the PG easier to keep clean. Looks sharp with the graphite interior also.

Old 10-16-2008, 12:59 PM
definitely get PG.

that just makes my black car look that much nicer

Old 10-16-2008, 01:06 PM
Received 1,132 Likes on 1,002 Posts
Why settle for a color you don't WANT? This
is what I went thur when I was looking for my G, so I go on line to another
dealership and found 2 G35C with the color I wanted within 15 miles....problem
solved! Shop around it's a buyers market!
Gary

Old 10-16-2008, 01:10 PM
If you are all for car care, then go with OB. Black, when kept clean, ALWAYS looks better - it has that sophisticated/sexy look. When I was deciding on what color, the salesmen told me if I was going to maintain it. I never had a black car before and wasn't much into taking care of the car. Boy, did I learn fast. Now, I spend a couple minutes everyday making sure she looks clean. I don't mind it since it looks sexy and I love taking care of my car. So, if you have the time, effort and love to maintain your car, then go black. If not, it will look like poop. When i see a nicely kept black car, it always catches my attention. When i see **** dirt black car, it catches my attention for the wrong reason.

Old 10-16-2008, 01:13 PM
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by lmulion03
If you are all for car care, then go with OB. Black, when kept clean, ALWAYS looks better - it has that sophisticated/sexy look. When I was deciding on what color, the salesmen told me if I was going to maintain it. I never had a black car before and wasn't much into taking care of the car. Boy, did I learn fast. Now, I spend a couple minutes everyday making sure she looks clean. I don't mind it since it looks sexy and I love taking care of my car. So, if you have the time, effort and love to maintain your car, then go black. If not, it will look like poop. When i see a nicely kept black car, it always catches my attention. When i see **** dirt black car, it catches my attention for the wrong reason.
exactly... if you are willing to and can maintain the shine.. black will look better.. if you're lazy like me.. the Plat Graphite will look better cuz u wont have to clean it as often

Old 10-16-2008, 02:48 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
PG was my last choice in colors. Looks like a donkey. Black is definitely tough to maintain but it is one of the more appealing colors the G comes in. If you're lazy then go with donkey.

Old 10-16-2008, 02:51 PM
IP>OB>everything else

Old 10-16-2008, 02:53 PM
I have Black, i luv it.... But it gets too damn dirty easy

Old 10-16-2008, 08:50 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Black!!! Just pick one up!!!!

Old 10-17-2008, 01:04 PM
well - the decision has been made. As much as I love the looks of the black G, I decided on the Platinum Graphite.

Thanks to everyone that weighed in. All good advice from you folks. I just sold my black TL, so I figured I would try a different color. I will have to report back in a month or so as to how I like it.

For those that are interested, I will be leasing the car. Got a screaming deal and will list the details in a separate post (so as to not go off topic).

Old 10-17-2008, 01:13 PM
Ivory Pearl

Old 10-17-2008, 09:32 PM
I'm with ugaexploder. I love my Lakeshore Slate. I have received several comments on the color all positive. It doesn't show dirt all that bad either. The brake dust on the wheels usually is the giveaway to how dirty it is.

However, I don't see it as an old person color...lol

Old 10-17-2008, 10:21 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ivorypearl is the sexiest for a girl who care about her car.

Obsidian Black is the sexiest for a guy who likes to take care of the car everyday.

Everything else after that. Include mine too.

Any silver, gray color for people who just don't like to clean their car or don't like to see there car dirty. Some people buy these after they owned a black car with no luck, knowledge of keep a car clean.

Of course there are some people who are not in this category. Could be other reason.

60% of the cars on the road are silver based. 80% of them admit it they went with that color becase of the low maintenance. Like my wife.

tg

Old 10-18-2008, 07:40 AM
Found this article this morning and thought it was an interesting comment on this exact question.

Cheers!

Jay

REPORT: Silver still king of car colors, the future looks blue
Posted Oct 16th 2008 5:58PM by Michael Harley

Automotive paint supplier PPG says the color of tomorrow's car is blue. According to Jane Harrington, PPG's manager of color styling, "It's one of those colors that complements vehicle shapes... It's a globally acceptable color. It doesn't have any bad connotations."

The company studies trends in fashion, interior design, and consumer products to predict the tastes of fickle consumers. PPG isn't the only company predicting more blue sheetmetal on our roads and highways. An April report by chemicals giant DuPont also predicted a resurgence in the color, adding it was influenced by ecological concepts such as the sky and water. Consumers in 2008 apparently haven't caught on to the new "blue" trend yet. So far, 20 percent of the cars sold this year have been silver ("A neutral color that works on just about any car," says Harrington). White is second (18 percent), followed by black (17 percent) and red (13 percent). Although blue may be the new green, most consumers will still stick with black, white, and silver -- core colors that are always offered on nearly every vehicle.

[Source: AP via Google News, photo by Magic Super Toys]

Old 10-18-2008, 08:26 AM
Moderation-free
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by TaBzRx
PG was my last choice in colors. Looks like a donkey. Black is definitely tough to maintain but it is one of the more appealing colors the G comes in. If you're lazy then go with donkey.
Funny you should say that. I went to the dealer to pick up the car I'd chosen (OB), but they had a PG next to it. After an hour of staring at both from all angles, I decided the PG looked better. To each his own I guess.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Plat Graphite vs. Black