G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Plat Graphite vs. Black

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-18-2008, 09:36 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by G35Now!
Funny you should say that. I went to the dealer to pick up the car I'd chosen (OB), but they had a PG next to it. After an hour of staring at both from all angles, I decided the PG looked better. To each his own I guess.
I compared OG with PG and liked the PG better, hands down. Ultimately, I got down to PG vs Blue Slate (both with graphite interior and exactly the same options) and I went with the blue.

PG is a great color, though.

Old 10-18-2008, 10:24 AM
Received 116 Likes on 110 Posts
Originally Posted by snikt21
Black all the way ! Here in Canada Infiniti gives you a free hand wash Saturday mornings at any dealer so no problem keeping it dead sexy.
Are you kidding me?

Old 10-18-2008, 01:45 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by rpm&my_G35
Are you kidding me?
Our dealer here in CT will send a detailer to my house once a month to wash, wax, vacuum, apply tire shine, and Rain-X all the glass.

That's not even the best part. The "detailers" are local strippers. They do the car in a string bikini and six inch pumps. Even in January!

Last edited by SpudRacer; 10-18-2008 at 01:50 PM.
Old 10-18-2008, 01:52 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by SpudRacer
Our dealer here in CT will send a detailer to my house once a month to wash, wax, vacuum, apply tire shine, and Rain-X all the glass.

That's not even the best part. The "detailers" are local strippers. They do the car in a string bikini and six inch pumps. Even in January!

Old 10-18-2008, 01:56 PM

Thats only about a 9hr drive from here, I'll be right there , lol

Old 10-18-2008, 02:42 PM
Im getting black it is DEF the most sexy color of them all.. hands down but a bitch to keep clean.

Old 10-19-2008, 10:17 AM
Originally Posted by G35xS23
Im getting black it is DEF the most sexy color of them all.. hands down but a bitch to keep clean.
Nice choice IMO.
It may seem harder to keep black LOOKING clean but it's worth it to some of us. (Remember, some people drive lighter colours so it seems to be clean when in really the car is covered in grime. It's the same as sweeping the dirt under the rug, IMO)
If you have a garage it's not too difficult to maintain. I hand wash the G once a week and have her professionally polished two times a year. (I have a friend who details & polishes for me for a great price). Good paint maintenance is the key to keeping it clean easier.
Friends and coworkers always comment they are amazed at how nice and clean it always looks.
I guess what I'm saying is that it's not difficult to keep clean if you care.
I like how tg1234 put it in #28.

Old 10-19-2008, 01:20 PM
PG all the way!

Old 10-19-2008, 08:30 PM
free car washes in canada

not kidding:

http://www.417infiniti.com/en/info/contact/index.spy

417 Infiniti is conveniently located at 1599 Startop Road in the 417 Automall, Innes Road just off the 417. 417 Infiniti has been selling and servicing both new and used vehicles in the greater Ottawa-Gatineau area for over 25 years. Our customers come to us from Ottawa, Kingston, Cornwall, Smith's Falls, Hull, Hawkesbury, Belleville and other nearby towns in Ontario and Quebec.

Our clients know from experience that we are dedicated to making sure every customer is satisfied. This means our customers enjoy a fabulous selection, an enjoyable sales experience and we back it all up with outstanding after-sales service. And of course as a customer you will enjoy our exclusive Saturday Car Wash and Complimentary Loaner Service.

417 Infiniti's service and parts facility is one of the best in the region and is managed by dedicated people trained to help and care for you in a most professional manner, plus you benefit from our in-house body shop that has been voted best in the region. We are proud of the long-term dedication our valuable staff in all departments has shown our clients.

We hope we can earn your business today!

Old 10-19-2008, 08:50 PM
^^^Nice,

tg

Old 10-19-2008, 11:51 PM
not kidding:

417 Infiniti is conveniently located at 1599 Startop Road in the 417 Automall, Innes Road just off the 417. 417 Infiniti has been selling and servicing both new and used vehicles in the greater Ottawa-Gatineau area for over 25 years. Our customers come to us from Ottawa, Kingston, Cornwall, Smith's Falls, Hull, Hawkesbury, Belleville and other nearby towns in Ontario and Quebec.

Our clients know from experience that we are dedicated to making sure every customer is satisfied. This means our customers enjoy a fabulous selection, an enjoyable sales experience and we back it all up with outstanding after-sales service. And of course as a customer you will enjoy our exclusive Saturday Car Wash and Complimentary Loaner Service.

417 Infiniti's service and parts facility is one of the best in the region and is managed by dedicated people trained to help and care for you in a most professional manner, plus you benefit from our in-house body shop that has been voted best in the region. We are proud of the long-term dedication our valuable staff in all departments has shown our clients.

We hope we can earn your business today!
Holy Moly, you Molsonites are getting hosed eh!

I clicked into the 417 website and priced up a G35X optioned like the one we bought a few weeks ago here in Connecticut.

MSRP was $51,090 vs $41780 ~ $9K more

Delivery charges $1,825 vs $815 ~ $1K more

Taxes $6,992 vs $2,506 ~ $4.5K more

Total Price Tag $59,907 vs $45,101 ~ $15K

Current exchange rate = $.8459 Cdn to $1 US --- $51,090 X .8459 = $43,217

So, most of the $9K price difference can more or less be attributed to currency values given that these change daily. But there is still a difference of $1,400 at current rates.

But that leaves another $5.5K in taxes and delivery charges. I guess the Canadian/Provincial governments have decided to generate tax revenue from auto sales rather than some other means. Interesting to look at the differences. Connecticut levies a flat 6% sales tax on basically everything including autos.

417 appears to be a good dealer. Too bad more dealers haven't figured out the whole customer service enigma. Great service is worth something, at least it is to me. No offense intended with the post about the detailing by strippers. Just being a wise-a$$.

Old 10-20-2008, 08:04 AM
Yeah, That is part of the "good" thing to be Canadian. heheheh
Oh well I can't say nothing. As long as I can buy a new car every 2-3 years.

That is why you see some people buying a car from the states and bring the car in Canada.

tg

Old 10-20-2008, 02:01 PM
not kidding:

Our clients know from experience that we are dedicated to making sure every customer is satisfied. This means our customers enjoy a fabulous selection, an enjoyable sales experience and we back it all up with outstanding after-sales service. And of course as a customer you will enjoy our exclusive Saturday Car Wash ...
Your original post
Black all the way ! Here in Canada Infiniti gives you a free hand wash Saturday mornings at any dealer so no problem keeping it dead sexy.
You said "Here in Canada" which to me would imply ALL dealerships in Canada. What you really meant was your dealership. Big Difference!

Old 10-20-2008, 02:04 PM
Holy Moly, you Molsonites are getting hosed eh!

I clicked into the 417 website and priced up a G35X optioned like the one we bought a few weeks ago here in Connecticut.

MSRP was $51,090 vs $41780 ~ $9K more

Delivery charges $1,825 vs $815 ~ $1K more

Taxes $6,992 vs $2,506 ~ $4.5K more

Total Price Tag $59,907 vs $45,101 ~ $15K

Current exchange rate = $.8459 Cdn to $1 US --- $51,090 X .8459 = $43,217

So, most of the $9K price difference can more or less be attributed to currency values given that these change daily. But there is still a difference of $1,400 at current rates.

But that leaves another $5.5K in taxes and delivery charges. I guess the Canadian/Provincial governments have decided to generate tax revenue from auto sales rather than some other means. Interesting to look at the differences. Connecticut levies a flat 6% sales tax on basically everything including autos.

417 appears to be a good dealer. Too bad more dealers haven't figured out the whole customer service enigma. Great service is worth something, at least it is to me. No offense intended with the post about the detailing by strippers. Just being a wise-a$$.
We still paid the same price when the dollars where about the same, up until a few months ago. Thats why so many Canadians started buying in the US over the past year or so.

Old 10-20-2008, 05:57 PM
ckp
neither lol get IP!!! i wish i woulda got IP

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Plat Graphite vs. Black