Rate Thread

Old 10-22-2008, 09:36 AM
huf
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PG is awesome

Old 10-22-2008, 01:14 PM
Received 213 Likes on 156 Posts
Originally Posted by G35Now!
Funny you should say that. I went to the dealer to pick up the car I'd chosen (OB), but they had a PG next to it. After an hour of staring at both from all angles, I decided the PG looked better. To each his own I guess.
Seeing you tear up I-10 on the PG made me want one, too!

Seriously though, i originally wanted IP (in fact i had one ordered) but eventually got the PG mainly because of price/features and availability. I've always liked PG (from Nissan) but the one on Infiniti's has a bit more character IMHO and went with it.

If i had to nitpick, the only thing i don't like about it is how there's a brown tint in certain lighting and angles. Other than that, it's a beautiful color.

I enjoy detailing cars, probably more so than a large population of guys here, my old Maxima in Majestic Blue was just as hard to keep gleaming as any black car out there, i enjoyed doing it. But having an "easier" to keep clean color is just so much better... it equates to more time behind the wheel for me now.

Old 10-22-2008, 04:14 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by ninous26
Nothing.. NOTHING tops a clean black car IMO.

If your lazy, and keep complaining about swirls/dust then buy a silver car and dont wash it for a year.
Please excuse my choice of words here.. haha but I think the black G, looks gangster.. especially with the chrome accents. It just makes it stand out.. But since i have a black truck, I know it's a Pain to keep it clean and it don't look that gangster when dirty. hehe

I was deciding on the Platinum as you, but I thought it was a shade too light. Didin't like it at all...

So I got the Silver one! lol It looks good, stays clean and it had all the options I wanted.. FULLY Loaded!

But at the end of the day, don't listen to us, get what you want, cuz it is afterall your car..

You'll love the G... I love mine!

Old 10-22-2008, 04:24 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Go with Black

I have a Black Obsidian G35S and love the color. I'm pretty obsessive about my car, but find that it is not really difficult to keep looking good. I'd definitely get a black car again. Like another poster noted, the chrome colored accents look great with a black car.

Just use Klasse AIO followed by SG twice a year. Aside from that, do a two-bucket hand wash every month or two. The car will look fine.

Old 10-22-2008, 04:51 PM
Received 213 Likes on 156 Posts
Originally Posted by JMZ_blkobsidian
I have a Black Obsidian G35S and love the color. I'm pretty obsessive about my car, but find that it is not really difficult to keep looking good. I'd definitely get a black car again. Like another poster noted, the chrome colored accents look great with a black car.

Just use Klasse AIO followed by SG twice a year. Aside from that, do a two-bucket hand wash every month or two. The car will look fine.
Agreed. BO G's, or any black vehicle for that matter, will look good when properly maintained, or at least if owned by people who know what they're doing.

Around here, i've seen 4 black 2nd gens in my immediate vicinity - unfortunately they're all swirled. Shiny, yes, but horribly spider webbed or hologrammed.

Old 10-22-2008, 05:01 PM
Wei
PG cuz i'm too lazy to make it shine all day, haha

but black/black int w/ tint always looks pimp, but on super hot days when it's been sitting outside for a while tho..

Old 12-18-2008, 04:30 PM
im going to where i grew up and so is my buddy. I have a black he has a Gray. After are long road trips we will take pictures of our cars... Then clean them. So we can have a side by side. Its going to be fun to finally race my buddy in our matching G's!