G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

gotta tell this story (re: at the dealer today) - long....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-09-2008, 11:15 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I agree with spudracer, even when I went car shopping a year and a half ago...I was dead set on a 2003 e46 m3 with all the bells and whistles right across the street from the infiniti dealership...I decided to walk across the street and take a look at the new G35's

I think the salesman understood I had my heart set on the M3, so negotiating was a piece of cake...they did everything in their power to not let me walk out that door and run across the street and drive away in a USED car...that was his "strategy"...you don't wanna drive a used car right?

anyways, buying a car works like trying to get some ****** bro...if the girl knows you like her, and you are overzealous about it, then chances are you're probably not getting any...but if you are a gentleman who shows slight interest, then you're IN! you gotta call their bluff, don't ever let them call yours man...it's a mind game just like throwing pitches in a baseball game!

oh, and the point of all that was...just like spud said, I made the more practical decision in buying the car and didn't go for the one that just didn't make sense at the time...timing is too important in life

Old 11-09-2008, 11:52 AM
Received 161 Likes on 122 Posts
OP, I think your approach was fine, good idea bringing 'rational' backup. The sales guy was just being a d1ck, maybe they passed you off to him to practice his chops on someone younger-looking and perhaps an easy target. Sounds like he got frustrated when you weren't playing his game; good for you.

If you can sell your other car and afford the G, no reason you shouldn't have one. Let us know how it goes.

Old 11-09-2008, 12:03 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My experience at Passport Infiniti was outstanding. The guy that sold me mine is great to work with there (if he's still there, haven't been back home in months).

I talked to him, he told me to throw him an offer, I gave him the invoice price and he said sold. After working out some of the math, the car ended up being $1000 less than I offered too, which was cool.

Same with the guy before, I'll be happy to give him your specs as well. He wasn't about trying to negotiate anything, he was just moving cars out the door.

Old 11-09-2008, 12:11 PM
Originally Posted by airhoppz
My experience at Passport Infiniti was outstanding. The guy that sold me mine is great to work with there (if he's still there, haven't been back home in months).

I talked to him, he told me to throw him an offer, I gave him the invoice price and he said sold. After working out some of the math, the car ended up being $1000 less than I offered too, which was cool.

Same with the guy before, I'll be happy to give him your specs as well. He wasn't about trying to negotiate anything, he was just moving cars out the door.
thanks for the advice. i looked online last night and searched the inventory of a few of the dealers in the area of the one i was at yesterday. there is 1 in/near annapolis MD that has the one i want. the one i was at yesterday had the exterior color, but NOT the interior, so i think that pissed the salesman off too. I didn't want the car he had on the lot because i didn't want the interior color. Now that I think about it, he kind of huffed when i told him I didn't want that one. Ohh well. I've been laughing about him for almost a day now! I'll get back on the phone tomorrow and see what I can come up with.

Old 11-09-2008, 05:33 PM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Wow man sorry to hear such a horry story. I would never go back there it sounded like he wanted you to fight him..LOL If I brought I friend with me and a salesman talked to him like that he probaly would have been dropped. Anyway I got mine a month ago and the dealer( Prime Infiniti) in Hanover MA, did everthing and more for me. My whole deal went down over the phone I only went there once to sign papers( They are 40 mins or so awany). They never looked at my trade( 04 Max) but gave me 1k over KBB for it and took 5k off there car and deleivered it to my wifes work( 1 hour drive from them). They also swapped for the car from another dealer (Infiniti of Norwood) which we were at two days before( One of the worst experiences I had changed the price three times). This was best dealer experience I have ever had.. I wold move on if I were you and find another dealer..

Old 11-09-2008, 07:01 PM
Originally Posted by ANMVQ
Wow man sorry to hear such a horry story. I would never go back there it sounded like he wanted you to fight him..LOL If I brought I friend with me and a salesman talked to him like that he probaly would have been dropped. Anyway I got mine a month ago and the dealer( Prime Infiniti) in Hanover MA, did everthing and more for me. My whole deal went down over the phone I only went there once to sign papers( They are 40 mins or so awany). They never looked at my trade( 04 Max) but gave me 1k over KBB for it and took 5k off there car and deleivered it to my wifes work( 1 hour drive from them). They also swapped for the car from another dealer (Infiniti of Norwood) which we were at two days before( One of the worst experiences I had changed the price three times). This was best dealer experience I have ever had.. I wold move on if I were you and find another dealer..
you know, the whole conversation did have a physical confrontation kind of feel to it. he was standing close to me as he was doing his aggressive talking and I refused to back up. I just stared right back at him and held my ground. I guess he thought it would intimidate me...??? the one thing that I didn't mention earlier that really pi$$ed me off later was that as I was leaving, there were 2 other sales guys who were standing on the outside of the doors. One was swinging a golf club, and the other was evidently just standing there listening in. Anyway, the one guy says, 'Hey, did you guys ever think about leasing?' I wanted to tell him to kiss my (ahem) but I just told him that I was leaving. But he evidently listened into enough of my conversation to hear me say that I couldn't afford to buy the car if they were going to job me on my car, or if I can't get a decent number from private sale. But it was a very condescending remark and my conversation with the jerk salesman was none of this new guy's business. what a place

Last edited by nlens; 11-09-2008 at 07:24 PM.
Old 11-09-2008, 10:32 PM
Originally Posted by nlens
you know, the whole conversation did have a physical confrontation kind of feel to it. he was standing close to me as he was doing his aggressive talking and I refused to back up. I just stared right back at him and held my ground. I guess he thought it would intimidate me...??? the one thing that I didn't mention earlier that really pi$$ed me off later was that as I was leaving, there were 2 other sales guys who were standing on the outside of the doors. One was swinging a golf club, and the other was evidently just standing there listening in. Anyway, the one guy says, 'Hey, did you guys ever think about leasing?' I wanted to tell him to kiss my (ahem) but I just told him that I was leaving. But he evidently listened into enough of my conversation to hear me say that I couldn't afford to buy the car if they were going to job me on my car, or if I can't get a decent number from private sale. But it was a very condescending remark and my conversation with the jerk salesman was none of this new guy's business. what a place
Yeah man I wouldn't recommend that place to anyone else. Just move on and work with some other dealers!

Old 11-10-2008, 09:40 AM
I bought my 07 from only dealer near by; 40 miles. Don't know if I would do that again from standpoint of warranty work. Have had to take car in total of 4 trips to get 2 recall items taken care of. Of course each item required 1 trip for them to ascertain that problem actually existed. Then trip back when part was in and they could do work. Each time though, loaner car was provided, but just time to get stuff done is a pain. Love the car, but still something to consider.

Old 11-10-2008, 10:13 AM
Received 2,116 Likes on 1,768 Posts
I thought about this too, but ALL the car dealers in my town (Corpus Christ TX) are dicks. They just don't want to help you at all. So my business went elsewhere. I mean, your sales and service HAS to be bad if you are willing to drive 150 miles to buy and service your car. I know a LOT of people that did the same thing. They are quite a ways from any other major dealers so they think they own you.

Old 11-10-2008, 10:38 AM
I would'nt give up on just trading your car in especially now. The 09's on their door step and are looking to move the 08's. Try to find a dealer that will give you close to private sale price 1k or so. Just so you do not have the head ach of trying to sell it yourself. They are good dealers out there you just have to find them..

Old 11-10-2008, 11:41 AM
Yea, I'd definitely take a look at other dealers, theres a dealer in willow grove thats pretty good, as well as one at maple shade nj which is just a additional 30 minute drive from WG, where i got my car. The people there are very nice from what i see, the only place that treated me poorly in the dealer was the parts department.

Old 11-10-2008, 12:33 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Sorry to hear about your story. But it sounds very much like the experience I went thru at Metro Infiniti. I went there to test drive the car and told them straight up that I was not going to purchase it that day but coming weekend.

So after the test drive and making up my mind on the model... The Jr. Sales guy tries his tricks on me and fails horribly.. Thru out the whole time I was professional and nice..

So he grabs the senior sales person who asks me what it would take to get the car home that day. I told him nothing and I need to know what trade in price i would get for my old car... He came back with 4000 when Kelly Bluebook stated 8000 for fair conditioned for a dealer trade in. and brings out his bag of tricks...

Needless to say, they ended up pissing me off, and they lost me as a customer, and I got my car that weekend at a different dealer. I knew what trade in value I wanted and the price I wanted to pay...

So like everyone said, F that dealer and go somewhere else...

Old 11-10-2008, 12:36 PM
The a-hole dealer told me that they found the car/color in the area. so i went home and searched for it myself. I found it and contacted the new dealer last night and heard from him this morning. so No way I go back to the other guy.

Old 11-10-2008, 01:30 PM
Good job man. Keep us posted on how the new dealer is..

Old 11-10-2008, 03:46 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sheehy of Annapolis..

I got this email from Sheehy of Annapolis the other day, doesnt seem like a bad deal.

Premium package, Navigation, trunk cargo net, body painted splash guards, wheel locks
Stock # R3875
MSRP: $40,230
Sheehy Sale Price: $31,200!!!
Total Discount: *$9,030

My dad went to go trade his 06 Z in and they wouldnt budge on the trade in value and the price of the G. He ended up going to Passport Infiniti and getting a deal that made him happy. Just wanted to pass this along..

Good luck!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: gotta tell this story (re: at the dealer today) - long....