G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

help please with the new g35 sedan!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-09-2008, 10:34 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
help please with the new g35 sedan!

okay so i have an 03 auto coupe. bored of it =/

im paying around, 370 a month. so i got curious and went to the infiniti dealership and asked if i can trade my car in and get a new g35, so i took a glance at this white g35s 4door 6mt and i fell in love, it was going for 33gs too! it was the base package. i asked a worker and he told me that they would fully pay off my car (i still owe around 12gs for it.) and with about 2gs down on brand new credit(cuz im turning 18 in jan) with my mom co signing the payments would be around 460. its like 90 bux more for a BRAND NEW G35S with 6mt?! plus i mean i make around 300 every 2 weeks on my paychecks. YES I PAY FOR MY OWN CAR,!

but my mom pays for my insurance because im doing amazing in school right now.

so i was thinking if i should just wait about a month an a half when i turn 18 and do it.

just asking all you 08 sedan 6mt owners if i should get it?!

please please let me know your opinions on this car.

thanksss

Old 11-09-2008, 10:38 PM
Received 85 Likes on 74 Posts
Old 11-09-2008, 10:40 PM
You're 18 with a G35 Coupe and you're bored??

Hang on to your Coupe, keep it clean, and wait until you graduate college. By then there'll be like a G45 or G50 or something crazy.

I went through the same thing at your age -- don't sell yourself short on the base package. I got everything I wanted and it took me 5 years of saving hard for it (senior year in HS, four years of college) and at 23 now it was worth every penny for the neck-breaking looks I get.

Trust me on this one, bro.

Old 11-09-2008, 10:53 PM
Originally Posted by AesonVirus

lol what?

Old 11-09-2008, 10:54 PM
i'm 20... this is my fourth car picked up at the dealer. as much as i wanna say go ahead do it pimp it get a new car. . . don't do it. it's not worth it.

yes. the car is an animal, it's great, it's a p.... magnet. you'll be the biggest baller in town and yes you'll have the nicest car in your HS parking lot... but those extra 90 dollars can go towards movie tickets, dinner with the girlfriend, hanging out money etc etc etc... or better yet. save it.

take advice from someone who has made many mistakes in car buying. hold on to your coupe and down the road like some of the guys already said hop in a sick car. at 18 you don't even know what you want to wear to school tomorrow ... so what makes you think you won't be bored with the 08 a month down the road ? ... keep the coupe dude... and once you decide what you REALLY want and you have more financial stability get WHATEVER you REALLY desire.

Old 11-09-2008, 11:00 PM
Originally Posted by airhoppz
You're 18 with a G35 Coupe and you're bored??

Hang on to your Coupe, keep it clean, and wait until you graduate college. By then there'll be like a G45 or G50 or something crazy.

I went through the same thing at your age -- don't sell yourself short on the base package. I got everything I wanted and it took me 5 years of saving hard for it (senior year in HS, four years of college) and at 23 now it was worth every penny for the neck-breaking looks I get.

Trust me on this one, bro.

i totally understand what youre saying, that came in mind too, but look at it this way, its less then 100 more, i get a new car, that i wouldnt worry as much on braking down, cuz my g is at 80k almost =/ i mean i pretty much throw my money away other then my car payments, like with fast food, and just random stuff. ive been working since i was 15 at the mall lol so i know i how to keep a job so the payments arent the problem.

i know when i finish school there would be some crazy cars out, but my school is 6 years. and plus im a senior and i dont graduate till june the start college in sept of 09! i want to be a pharmacist

haha yeah long story short the car will be paid off before i get outta school and then i can turn into a track car or somthing haha, and plus who knows what my g coupe might go through in 6 years, there is now way it will hold out all 6 years. sorry about all this writing i just got no one else to talk to about cars. haha

Old 11-09-2008, 11:03 PM
Originally Posted by cdmorenot
i'm 20... this is my fourth car picked up at the dealer. as much as i wanna say go ahead do it pimp it get a new car. . . don't do it. it's not worth it.

yes. the car is an animal, it's great, it's a p.... magnet. you'll be the biggest baller in town and yes you'll have the nicest car in your HS parking lot... but those extra 90 dollars can go towards movie tickets, dinner with the girlfriend, hanging out money etc etc etc... or better yet. save it.

take advice from someone who has made many mistakes in car buying. hold on to your coupe and down the road like some of the guys already said hop in a sick car. at 18 you don't even know what you want to wear to school tomorrow ... so what makes you think you won't be bored with the 08 a month down the road ? ... keep the coupe dude... and once you decide what you REALLY want and you have more financial stability get WHATEVER you REALLY desire.

yeah man thanks alot, i understand, lol let me explain my situation to you, just read what i wrote to the other guy that gave me advice, its just too much to type lol.

but yeah thanx i really appreciate the help.

Old 11-09-2008, 11:06 PM
im grateful for my coupe. i love it and all i just know itll be such a bitch on maintenance soon, its at 80k almost. =/

but yeah its really sexy and i do work for it, but i work hard and i just dont want all my hard work to go to waste when it breaks down every couple of months.

but here is how she looks.

Old 11-09-2008, 11:09 PM
dang man. I was driving a cheap, beat up volkswagon when I was 18. wow.

Old 11-09-2008, 11:10 PM
Originally Posted by nlens
dang man. I was driving a cheap, beat up volkswagon when I was 18. wow.

haha better then walking right?

Old 11-09-2008, 11:13 PM
Originally Posted by arnoldg35
haha better then walking right?
yeah man. better than walking for sure. i was burning oil in my volks like it was going out of style. surely not as nice as your G in your photo.

Old 11-09-2008, 11:14 PM
i totally understand what youre saying, that came in mind too, but look at it this way, its less then 100 more, i get a new car, that i wouldnt worry as much on braking down, cuz my g is at 80k almost =/ i mean i pretty much throw my money away other then my car payments, like with fast food, and just random stuff. ive been working since i was 15 at the mall lol so i know i how to keep a job so the payments arent the problem.

i know when i finish school there would be some crazy cars out, but my school is 6 years. and plus im a senior and i dont graduate till june the start college in sept of 09! i want to be a pharmacist

haha yeah long story short the car will be paid off before i get outta school and then i can turn into a track car or somthing haha, and plus who knows what my g coupe might go through in 6 years, there is now way it will hold out all 6 years. sorry about all this writing i just got no one else to talk to about cars. haha
1. At 80k miles, if your G breaks down let me know. I'd be damned if I ever buy another Infiniti again if it breaks down at 80k miles.

2. Wanting to be a pharmacist is great. When I was 18 I wanted to be an orthodontist, and now I'm a military officer. Go figure - times change when you find out how much work you've gotta do to get where you want.

3. I didn't think there was any way I'd hold out 6 years. When I was 16 I wanted a BMW 330i. Hottest car on the block. I drove my Nissan Sentra to school every day and all through college and saved my money and got what you read in my signature line now. On top of all that, I've got a nice place to live, a pantry full of food, and decent clothes on my back. Your car already looks great - ride it out. Like I said, keep it clean, hang on to it, and see what's out there. Turns out that when I turned 22 the 330i wasn't my car of choice anymore - G35 moved it's way to the forefront.

Don't be brash, don't make ridiculous decisions. Hold what ya got, save that money, and get yourself something better. Hell if I would've stuck with my Sentra I'd be riding a Ducati right now, but you make those decisions when you've got the experience and the money to do so.

Again - I've driven both mine (loaded minus 4WAS) and I've driven a bare bones base model. DO NOT sell yourself short.

Old 11-09-2008, 11:17 PM
Originally Posted by nlens
yeah man. better than walking for sure. i was burning oil in my volks like it was going out of style. surely not as nice as your G in your photo.

haha yeahh thankx dude.

Old 11-09-2008, 11:19 PM
Originally Posted by airhoppz
1. At 80k miles, if your G breaks down let me know. I'd be damned if I ever buy another Infiniti again if it breaks down at 80k miles.

2. Wanting to be a pharmacist is great. When I was 18 I wanted to be an orthodontist, and now I'm a military officer. Go figure - times change when you find out how much work you've gotta do to get where you want.

3. I didn't think there was any way I'd hold out 6 years. When I was 16 I wanted a BMW 330i. Hottest car on the block. I drove my Nissan Sentra to school every day and all through college and saved my money and got what you read in my signature line now. On top of all that, I've got a nice place to live, a pantry full of food, and decent clothes on my back. Your car already looks great - ride it out. Like I said, keep it clean, hang on to it, and see what's out there. Turns out that when I turned 22 the 330i wasn't my car of choice anymore - G35 moved it's way to the forefront.

Don't be brash, don't make ridiculous decisions. Hold what ya got, save that money, and get yourself something better. Hell if I would've stuck with my Sentra I'd be riding a Ducati right now, but you make those decisions when you've got the experience and the money to do so.

Again - I've driven both mine (loaded minus 4WAS) and I've driven a bare bones base model. DO NOT sell yourself short.

yeah i know time changes people, i guess, ill just wait and see till my bday right? yeahh what about a lease tho?! haha

Old 11-09-2008, 11:23 PM
yeah i know time changes people, i guess, ill just wait and see till my bday right? yeahh what about a lease tho?! haha

oh and another things, man if my g35 was stick, I WOULD OF NEVER EVEN POSTED THIS THREAD. lol. sadly i didnt get to choose. =/ but yeah if it was stick id be modding it as we speak. haha

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: help please with the new g35 sedan!