G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Flat CF trim pieces

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-27-2008, 04:31 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I just PP'd Soni and have 4 yards of the stuff on order

Not sure what I'll be covering in CF fabric, but I don't think I want to go overboard, just some subtle highlights.

Old 11-28-2008, 12:38 PM
Received 83 Likes on 42 Posts
If anyone needs some of this material please PM me and I can get you guys the same material I used for my interior for $35 a yard plus whatever the shipping is to you guys. I wont be making any money off this, but my interior shop is right around the corner so it wont take any of my time to get it for you guys

Old 11-28-2008, 01:32 PM
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
^ nicee very interested is this something that you can do yourself though??!?

Old 12-02-2008, 01:50 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 335 Likes on 187 Posts
Ok Guys here are a couple teasers for now, i will update this thread when i an fully finished.
I will also be offering my services for whoever wants this done. Not sure on the Prices yet, but the Radio was SO hard i donno if i even want to to that piece again, but we'll see!

Old 12-03-2008, 09:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Wes_888
Its not real carbon fiber. Its fabric. Literally. With cf print. The last time I spoke wit the fella I bought it from, he was out of it.

U can try askin him by joining the e90 forum.
Hey Wes, I don't think I can help you how to take off the trims, but once you have the trims taken off and need some tips on wrapping, give me a call anytime.

Old 12-03-2008, 09:30 PM
Originally Posted by Wes_888
http://www.glfi.com/vinylbook_carbonfiber.htm

the fabric on this site looks identical to the one I have from the bmw forum.
this are not the same. the website fabic is a thicker fabric which harder to wrap and might need some modification in order to have the ashtray cover open and close properly.

Old 12-03-2008, 09:32 PM
Originally Posted by Cyanide Ride
I just PP'd Soni and have 4 yards of the stuff on order

Not sure what I'll be covering in CF fabric, but I don't think I want to go overboard, just some subtle highlights.
hope you like them

Old 12-03-2008, 11:07 PM
Originally Posted by Soni
this are not the same. the website fabic is a thicker fabric which harder to wrap and might need some modification in order to have the ashtray cover open and close properly.
Oh sorry! my bad. I thought it was the same cuz it looked the same :S hehe

anyways, for those who are interested, I know a guy who sells it! Same material as the one on the e90 forum! pm me if ur interested.

Old 12-04-2008, 04:16 AM
Originally Posted by ShanesG
Ok Guys here are a couple teasers for now, i will update this thread when i an fully finished.
I will also be offering my services for whoever wants this done. Not sure on the Prices yet, but the Radio was SO hard i donno if i even want to to that piece again, but we'll see!

Hey Shane...=) when you gonna come by the warehouse so we can take DSLR pics of your sick interior =)?

Old 12-04-2008, 04:21 AM
Originally Posted by Soni

+1 =)

Hey Bro =)!! Should we show them the PDF report you sent me? Anyway I think we should give them a head to head comparison between the two =)...

"CF Fabric is the newest type of carbon fiber interior. No, it's not your typical CF overlay nor is it vinyl. This is actual fabric showcasing a CF based weave to allow the trim to breathe even better than leather."

Here's a picture to compare the difference between vinyl and fabric...notice the difference on finish, the backing, and flexibility...

On your left, the vinyl that is commonly found...On your right is the material that being originally discussed on the e90 link that was posted here =)...

Old 12-04-2008, 12:18 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
^Hey, ill call you, we can se something up, i have a couple more things i wanna do so lemme finish that first!

Old 12-04-2008, 07:03 PM
Originally Posted by EuroDyne
+1 =)

Hey Bro =)!! Should we show them the PDF report you sent me? Anyway I think we should give them a head to head comparison between the two =)...

"CF Fabric is the newest type of carbon fiber interior. No, it's not your typical CF overlay nor is it vinyl. This is actual fabric showcasing a CF based weave to allow the trim to breathe even better than leather."

Here's a picture to compare the difference between vinyl and fabric...notice the difference on finish, the backing, and flexibility...

On your left, the vinyl that is commonly found...On your right is the material that being originally discussed on the e90 link that was posted here =)...
+1 I agree. I have this fabric. Its good. Anyone interested?

Old 12-04-2008, 07:55 PM
Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts
I'm curious to know if this fabric can be removed from the interior trim pieces once applied. I'm just affraid I'm gonna wrap my interior in this stuff and then get tired of the looks after a few months. If the installation is easily reversable / removeable then I'll probably buy a few yards.

Old 12-04-2008, 08:29 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
it'll come off i think, the pieces are so slick i think the glue would just rub right off, it was a bitch getting the fabric to stick to the aluminum finish panels

Old 12-04-2008, 08:47 PM
i am very interested in this... but before i pull the trigger and get it, would i be able to just apply this over the trim pieces, or should i sand it down so that the cf wouldnt stick out too much?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Flat CF trim pieces