Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by The Punisher
Rob, are you putting the "tornado" on?
Nope lol

Here's a hint, it has to do with a skyline. lol
No not a motor swap lmao

Old 12-20-2008, 07:35 PM
I've been watching this thread for ages and i'm completely lost at the moment hahaha.

Old 12-20-2008, 07:37 PM
Haha, ya this thread went towards a few directions and now everyone wants to know what mod I'm going to do haha

Sorry Adrian, i feel like a thread jacked you lol
Back to topic lmao

Old 12-30-2008, 02:36 PM
Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts
Hehe... No problem, Robby. I won't have anything new to add to this thread anyway, until I get more info on the possiblity of making some CF engine covers and some CF upper radiator diffusers/covers myself.

Old 12-30-2008, 02:41 PM
A upper radiator diffusers would be sick.
I'm planning on painting and warping my OEM engine cover with carbon fiber.
Paint the black parts LP and warp the silver parts in carbon fiber. Then have some special emblems made to go over it lol

But I would love to see a upper radiator diffuser. I F-ing want one lol

Old 12-30-2008, 02:41 PM
Old 12-30-2008, 02:47 PM
Originally Posted by G35Robby
A upper radiator diffusers would be sick.
I'm planning on painting and warping my OEM engine cover with carbon fiber.
Paint the black parts LP and warp the silver parts in carbon fiber. Then have some special emblems made to go over it lol

But I would love to see a upper radiator diffuser. I F-ing want one lol
It shouldn't be too tough to have them made... Once you get past the initial tooling cost, these things would be fairly cheap. I'm currently working with one of my suppliers in China that makes CF parts. They are working on getting me a quote on the tooling to make this part, however, they are asking for an AutoCad drawing of the factory engine cover, so they can give me a accurate estimate on the tooling. Do you know if anyone on here is proficient with AutoCad? I learned AutoCad back in college, but haven't used it in years. LOL

Old 12-30-2008, 02:50 PM
Originally Posted by 2GoRNot2G
It shouldn't be too tough to have them made... Once you get past the initial tooling cost, these things would be fairly cheap. I'm currently working with one of my suppliers in China that makes CF parts. They are working on getting me a quote on the tooling to make this part, however, they are asking for an AutoCad drawing of the factory engine cover, so they can give me a accurate estimate on the tooling. Do you know if anyone on here is proficient with AutoCad? I learned AutoCad back in college, but haven't used it in years. LOL
oh wow, thats insane, but sorry bro. I don't know anyone who even learned it. I've never even herd of it. I hope it can be pulled off because I would hate to wrap it in CF.

Old 12-30-2008, 05:45 PM
Originally Posted by 2GoRNot2G
wow, it's been some time since i used autoCAD...well at least 4 yrs ago since I was in my freshman autocad class...if you can give me the basic dimensions on the engine cover, i can try my best to make a drawing...haven't used autoCAD much since it's mainly used for mechanical/civil engineers but it shouldn't be too rough...if you can get me a basic dimensions sheet i might be able to pull it off

Old 12-30-2008, 05:58 PM
Originally Posted by G35Robby
oh wow, thats insane, but sorry bro. I don't know anyone who even learned it. I've never even herd of it. I hope it can be pulled off because I would hate to wrap it in CF.
No problem. AutoCad is a program designed for doing Engineering drawings. I learned a very primitive version of it back in 1991 and 1992 when I was a Freshman in College for Mechanical Engineering, but really haven't use it much since. We have a couple of Engineers that do drawings for us, so I can have it done pretty easily, but I'm sure they will charge me to do it.

Originally Posted by ugaexploder
wow, it's been some time since i used autoCAD...well at least 4 yrs ago since I was in my freshman autocad class...if you can give me the basic dimensions on the engine cover, i can try my best to make a drawing...haven't used autoCAD much since it's mainly used for mechanical/civil engineers but it shouldn't be too rough...if you can get me a basic dimensions sheet i might be able to pull it off
Well, if your really interested it would have to be a pretty detailed drawing and it actually looks like a pretty simply piece until you look at it closely. I think I'm probably going to have to have someone do a 3D in Solid Works to really have it done right, so I'll probably have to take my cover off and give it to some one and pay them to do it.

Old 12-30-2008, 09:56 PM
Nice that would be interesting, I hope you guys can get in done, but Sorry cant' help, lol I'm no good at any of that stuff.

Old 01-04-2009, 02:06 AM
No problem. I used to be able to do it myself, but haven't used those programs in years, and I'm sure it would take me a while to relearn them.

It can definitely be done, though... it just depends on whether is makes monetary sense to do it. The upfront tooling costs may be way too much to make it a worth while venture. I just need to take some time and get a good AutoCAD or Solid Works drawing done of the part, so I can get an accurate tooling cost and then go from there.

Old 06-25-2009, 04:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cool