G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

GT Spec is coming through for us!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-02-2009, 07:05 PM
Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts
Thanks.. I'll post some pics and driving impression of the 6-pt rear brace next week sometime after I install it this weekend.

Old 04-04-2009, 02:50 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
ok I got the Rear Lower Tie Bar, the one that goes above the rear diffrential. It came with washers, I know it uses the OEM bolts to mount the bar. But what side do I use the supplied washers on? Before I Mount the Bar? On the OEM Bolt? Or does the washer go Inside the Gt-Spec bar, where the Bolt Srews into? Thnx

Old 04-04-2009, 03:25 AM
Received 55 Likes on 49 Posts
Originally Posted by 808MIKE
ok I got the Rear Lower Tie Bar, the one that goes above the rear diffrential. It came with washers, I know it uses the OEM bolts to mount the bar. But what side do I use the supplied washers on? Before I Mount the Bar? On the OEM Bolt? Or does the washer go Inside the Gt-Spec bar, where the Bolt Srews into? Thnx

Does that help?

Old 04-04-2009, 03:50 AM
Originally Posted by san~man

Does that help?
hehe Thnx San! Sure does! I would have figured it out sometime, LOL. But u da man!

Old 04-04-2009, 04:05 AM
Received 55 Likes on 49 Posts
30 dolla charge

Old 04-04-2009, 01:21 PM
I used the washers on the bolt side if that means anything. LOL

Old 04-04-2009, 01:24 PM
TI used the washers on the bolt side if that means anything. LOL

Old 04-06-2009, 04:12 AM
Well Update! I put the rear Tie bar on, But can't really tell if it made a diffrence or not? and I also Installed the 2pt Front Subframe Tie bar. Now this made a huge diffrence! Especially going over bumps! before, car used to kinda bounce over bumps a little, now it just hits once, and feels more solid! Like the suspension is working more, no twisting or bending going over stuff. And also feels like the steering response is a little better, has quicker reactions when i turn the wheel. before would be kinda slugish to move the car. But thats just me. Guess now everythng is more tired together and works together!

Old 04-06-2009, 05:42 PM
Thanks for the update, Mike. I had similar results as you did. The small 2-pt rear tie brace didn't seem to make much of a "noticeable" difference, however the front 2-pt brace made a significant difference in overall chassis stiffnees and steering feel in the front end. Did you also get the 2 front outer braces, Mike? Now these 2 braces seemed to make the biggest difference overall in the front end and combinedwith the 2-pt & 4-pt front braces, and the front strut bar, the front end of the car is ROCK SOLID now.

I also just got my rear 6-pt brace from Rick @ Riverside last week, but haven't had a chance to install it yet, as my car has been at GTM Motorports all weekend getting the UpRev Osiris custom tune done. I'm hoping to get the car back later today, so I can install the braces tomorrow sometime.

Old 04-07-2009, 01:54 AM
NP man! no did not get the 2 smaller braces yet, those will be next on the list. Yea I just don't fell a real diffrence with the rear tie brace. But the guy from GT-Spec said that would be the #1 bar to get. But i dunno. maybe only feel a diffrence under extreme hard cornering? LOL.

Old 04-08-2009, 02:45 AM
I think the main point of the rear tie brace is to prevent toe and camber changes under heavy loads. I basically keeps the inner mounting point for the lower suspension arm from flexing, which keeps the suspension geometry from changing. This wouldn't be something you can feel like some of the other chassis braces, but would definitely improve the handling, especially under hard cornering... like you said.

Old 04-08-2009, 03:35 AM
Originally Posted by 2GoRNot2G
I think the main point of the rear tie brace is to prevent toe and camber changes under heavy loads. I basically keeps the inner mounting point for the lower suspension arm from flexing, which keeps the suspension geometry from changing. This wouldn't be something you can feel like some of the other chassis braces, but would definitely improve the handling, especially under hard cornering... like you said.
aghh cool. I was afraid to install the rear bar at first, since I got the alignment done, not sure if that bolt the bar mounts to is the one that adjusts Toe? but it looked like it, since it looked like the toe bolt that came with my SPC kit.

Anyway, did not want to un-bolt that bolt, was scared it would move the Toe out of whack, LOL. but did it anyway, and it did not move, LOL. I hope. And I had to enlarge one side of the hole of the Tie bar, it did not fit, was just a little off, but now it's all good. Next will be those 2 small ones for the front.

Old 08-12-2009, 03:10 PM
Resurrecting this thread from the dead.

Finally getting around to posting some pics and my thoughts on the GT Spec 6-pt Rear Brace & M-Brace. I picked these up from Rick @ Riverside Infiniti (thanks Rick!) a few months ago and installed them right away, so I've had them on the car for quite some time now... I've just been too busy to download and post the pics. Well, finally, here they are.

6-Pt Brace Pics:

M-Brace Pics:

A couple pics of my front GT Spec braces and Berk HFC's:

Installation and driving impressions to follow.

Last edited by 2GoRNot2G; 08-12-2009 at 04:43 PM.
Old 08-12-2009, 04:04 PM
GT Spec 6-Pt Brace installation and driving impressions:

The 6-pt brace is by far the most difficult of the GT Spec braces to install on our cars. It took me close to an hour to install, however, the first 20 minutes or so was spent trying to figure out which way it went on.. then I finally discovered the the brace was shipped with the 2 end brackets on the wrong corners, so I actually had to move those brackets to the correct corners before installing the braces. Overall, the install is fairly simple, but a second set of hands would definitely make it easier, as these braces are muuch larger and heavier than they look in the pics... they actually span between 1/4 and 1/3 of the cars length.

As far as driving goes, you will notice the affects of this brace immediately.. the entire chassis of the car feels stiffer and more rigid... body flex and creeking is greatly reduced, and the car just feels more solid. The only issue I have is that the brace has a tendancy to bottom out over steep incline changes and larger speed bumps, even with my moderate drop (apx. 1").. The brace is very sturdy, though, and has not been damaged other than some minor stratches.. it does help to protect the exhaust, so it's not all bad. I would definitely recommend this brace to anyone that's looking for improved handling and chassis rigidity, but doesn't have an extremely lowered ride height.

Old 08-12-2009, 04:19 PM
GT Spec M-Brace installation and driving impressions:

As some of you may already be aware, the M-Brace has been completely redesiged by GT Spec and I now believe that it will work with aftermarket exhausts. As you can see from my install pics posted above, there is now quite a bit of clearance between the M-Brace and the exhuast piping... in fact, the amount of clearance is almost equal to that of the Hotchkis rear sway bar. As far as the installation goes... the install is very easy... simply remove the two camber adjustment nuts where the inner part of the lower camber arm mounts to the rear subframe. Just take care and make note of the camber adjustment, as these are eccentric bolts, so they will change the rear camber if you rotate the bolt side at any time during the install process. If you want to be same, then I'd recommend at least having your alignment checked after installing this brace. I got a lifetime alignment at Firestone a while back, so any realignments needed are free!

I don't have much to say on the driving impressions of this brace, since it was the last brace I installed on the car the chassis was already VERY rigid... particularly after installing the 6-pt rear brace. I will say that this brace will virtually eliminate any potential camber changes that might occur during high corning loads due to the lower subframe flexing. This brace is probably makes the most sense for handling fanatics and people who track their cars.

Feel free to PM me if anyone has any questions... for pricing, or to purchase the braces, please contact Rick @ Riverside Infiniti by PM on here or by phone at 800-919-8130, and let him know that I sent you.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: GT Spec is coming through for us!