G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Bluetooth and phonebook on my phone?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-16-2008, 01:04 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bluetooth and phonebook on my phone?

Question... In my Acura TL I had to program contacts in to the car to dial Via Bluetooth and the caller ID will just show the phone number, not the name of the person calling. When I get my G37 will it upload my phonebook via Bluetooth? My friends Nuvi GPS can do this so I would hope a $40,000+ car would be able to!!!!

Old 12-16-2008, 01:18 PM
Available features depends on the phone and on whether or not you have nav. Battery Level indicator, caller ID, and full phonebook download aren't available without nav. Check out http://www.infiniti.com/bluetooth/ for details.

Last edited by oab97; 12-16-2008 at 01:25 PM.
Old 12-16-2008, 01:49 PM
In my G37 the phonebook on my iPhone G3 would not upload, so I have to put everything in there manually. The bluetooth works great, though!

Old 12-16-2008, 01:53 PM
Yea, i would be going with Nav. and I have a Iphone 3G.... so is Roger corect in saying I cant uplode my phonebook?

Last edited by rohardi; 12-16-2008 at 02:01 PM.
Old 12-16-2008, 01:58 PM
Believe me...you can't upload it...I have brand-spanking new G37S and it won't let you do it.

Typing in the numbers is not hard...just very time consuming.

Old 12-16-2008, 02:01 PM
Roger, does the caller ID work? Does it at least show the phone number of the incomming call? That's what my TL does....

Old 12-16-2008, 02:06 PM
Originally Posted by rohardi
Roger, does the caller ID work? Does it at least show the phone number of the incomming call? That's what my TL does....
Yes, the caller ID shows you who is calling when you get a call. If you have that person in your car phonebook, it will identify them by the name in your Infiniti phonebook.

I drove the 2009 TL before I bought my G37 sedan. The Acura electronics and stereo are far superior to the Infiniti electrics, so if you are buying the car for the electronics, you might be disappointed. I am coming from a car with no electronics, so the Infiniti is fine for me. But Acura's voice recognition is 10 times better than the dumbed-down Infiniti one.

Old 12-16-2008, 02:18 PM
As long as the Nav is solid, and the bluetooth works well I'm good to go. My TL is an 05, bluetooth won't upload the phone book and even if I store the number for a contact in the the car's memory it still wont show the name of who's calling... So It's still a little better than I'm used to.

Roger, How's the Navigation?

Old 12-16-2008, 02:24 PM
Originally Posted by rohardi
As long as the Nav is solid, and the bluetooth works well I'm good to go. My TL is an 05, bluetooth won't upload the phone book and even if I store the number for a contact in the the car's memory it still wont show the name of who's calling... So It's still a little better than I'm used to.

Roger, How's the Navigation?
The navigation is great...you have a choice of 2 views, which is the birdseye view or the flat view. You can even split the screen and have both views on at the same time. It's easy to learn stored locations and the voice activation works really well in navi. Since I am in Atlanta, the traffic feature (available when you have XM radio) is nice as it tells you if there are any accidents/traffic on your route.

It's a very impressive system and much better than the navigation on my wife's 2002 Odyssey, but six years later, it should be!

Old 12-16-2008, 02:27 PM
Originally Posted by oab97
Available features depends on the phone and on whether or not you have nav. Battery Level indicator, caller ID, and full phonebook download aren't available without nav. Check out http://www.infiniti.com/bluetooth/ for details.
I'm totally having 2nd thoughts about not getting nav now. I don't know if my dealer even placed the order yet. The caller id and full phone book thing would be nice. Hmmm...its like 35 bucks a month more for nav (on a lease).

What to do what to do.

Old 12-16-2008, 02:34 PM
Get the Nav! Trust me, I couldn't survive with out it now!!!!

Old 12-16-2008, 02:56 PM
What does it mean (on the infiniti site mentioned above) when it says Y for phone book contact (single entry), how does that contact make it onto the car? Do I type it in using the infiniti controller? or can it send a contact to the car from the phone, one by one?

Mike S.

Old 12-16-2008, 03:04 PM
If you can use the phonebook download to download a single entry via the bluetooth connection then you can put the phone numbers in via the bluetooth one by one. Although you can't download your entire phonebook at the same time, you can just do a file upload from your phone to the car without having to type the whole thing in. I just discovered my wife's phone can do this one at a time, so I'm going to put her numbers into the car's phonebook and save myself a lot of typing.

Old 12-16-2008, 03:39 PM
OK, LOL how about This..... Can I up load the phonebook out of my Blackberry Curve (the Curve is my old phone that I dont use anymore) wich has most of my contacts that are in my Iphone and have all my contacts in there for the iphone to use???? on the Bluetooth link for infiniti It says that the curve will upload the phonebook. would this work as a work-a-round?

Old 12-16-2008, 04:25 PM
It might. It might not. It depends on if the car displays a separate phone book for each paired phone.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Bluetooth and phonebook on my phone?