No
33.33%
Voters: 96. You may not vote on this poll

Rattles

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-19-2009, 08:38 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i have a 07 g35x sedan black fully loaded with 21k miles. In toronto, and yes i am experiencing this noises too. Front passenger side speaker makes a noise like a screw being loose or just dangling in there everytime i put on the music or go over a pot hole. Plus on my first gear im hearing this rattle noise like a metal noise any ideas.??

Old 02-19-2009, 11:14 AM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by hullio
Yeah it happens when it's cold (ie like last night it happened to me when I started it up and drove). If you can find the TSB that would be awesome.
Treacherous posted the TSB in this thread, post #27:

G35 / G37 / EX35; TAPPING NOISE FROM DASH AREA
WHEN ENGINE IS RUNNING: Link to TSB

Last edited by dohturdima; 02-19-2009 at 11:19 AM.
Old 02-19-2009, 01:18 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
But my tapping doesn't' increase when i"m idle, it's when i'm going over bumps.

Old 02-24-2009, 12:25 AM
update

Took the dealer 2 days to finally isolate and "fix" all the rattles. I put quotes around fix because about a mile down the road I still heard the high pitched squeak from the instrument cluster. The washi door trim creak and speaker door rattle were fixed and gone, but the cluster sounds just as bad as it did when i took it in.

The work order said they put "dum dum" tape underneath it, and feeling around back there confirms something was done. However, its annoying as F#*K. My friend is a wrench at another dealer so he's gonna hook me up with some more dum dum and other stuff they use to try to fix these problems. arrggggghhhh this is frustrating for $40k car.

Old 02-27-2009, 12:00 AM
I have the drivers door speaker rattle pretty much at any sound level. I also have the gauge cluster rattle that goes away by either pressing down towards the column from above or fitting my fingers beneath it and lifting up but it keeps driving me crazy. And of course I have the horrible squeak, rattle, creak whatever the hell it is coming from the windshield/dash pad area whenever I go over any speed bump, or pothole, or uneven rode, or tiny rock, or perfectly smooth rode. Its almost always there. Temperatures just make it quieter or louder but it never goes away. I'll be taking it in to Infiniti in a week or two.

Old 03-02-2009, 06:04 PM
Update #2

OK so I took my car back to same dealer after calling the other 2 dealers in the city, and they had no idea what I was talking about. So I figure go back to the same place.

This time I brought the service manager along with me for a quick drive to show him where the noise is coming from and how it sounds. They called me a few hours later and I picked it up after work. Drove it with the same guy as earlier and I confired the noise was fixed after driving over some pretty rough roads (not hard to find in MI).

Dropped him back off at the dealer and headed home. Next day on my drive to work the sound came back after about 30 min of freeway cruising. Same issue where if i lift up on the bottom of the cluster cover it goes away. More subtle, but still there. Honestly, i give up. Just going to try to fix it myself.

Old 03-02-2009, 06:27 PM
IF you figure out what it is and how to fix please post!!!

Old 03-02-2009, 09:37 PM
Rattle over the instrument panel seems pretty common....

I have it too. I thought maybe there was a bug caught dead in the crevice by the instrumental panel or by the windshield.. but when I drove around a loner today, it made a similar sound; not as loud as mine but it was tehre.

SUCKS......

I guess its all about playing my beats and hearing my exhaust to lessen the burden of the rattles :S

Old 03-02-2009, 09:38 PM
Received 29 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally Posted by volnedan
OK so I took my car back to same dealer after calling the other 2 dealers in the city, and they had no idea what I was talking about. So I figure go back to the same place.

This time I brought the service manager along with me for a quick drive to show him where the noise is coming from and how it sounds. They called me a few hours later and I picked it up after work. Drove it with the same guy as earlier and I confired the noise was fixed after driving over some pretty rough roads (not hard to find in MI).

Dropped him back off at the dealer and headed home. Next day on my drive to work the sound came back after about 30 min of freeway cruising. Same issue where if i lift up on the bottom of the cluster cover it goes away. More subtle, but still there. Honestly, i give up. Just going to try to fix it myself.

exact same thing here....

Old 03-02-2009, 10:43 PM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by LiquidGx
Mine rattles mostly come from the front doors with moderate stereo volume. It sounds like loose wiring rattling on cheap plastic...wait, that's exactly what it is but my dealer said its not covered under warranty.
Ditto, it so sucks!

Old 03-02-2009, 10:58 PM
i only have about 17.5k on my 07, extremely moderate city and highway driving. i have a loud squeak/rattle in what sounds like the driver's side passenger and driver's windows/sills. in addition, i get a really, really loud distinctive squeak/rattle in the windshield. Dealer thinks I'm nuts, even though service manager has heard both distinctive squeaks/rattles.

Old 03-11-2009, 06:55 PM
update #3

OK so my friend hooked up the "dum dum" stuff from his dealership, and its some type of silly putty material that looks like black licorice. Anyhoo, I've been stuffing this **** in the crevices between the steering column and the plastic cover for the gauge cluster. Seems to work for an hour, then another squeak comes back.

Honestly I'm about to go nuts. This is so frustrating, especially when I'm on the phone and the radio is turned off. Never had this on any other car I've owned, let alone driven. Its very sublte in the loaners cars I get, and my buddy has an 08 sedan a few months older than mine with no issues. Its disappointing to say the least.

Old 03-11-2009, 09:19 PM
Originally Posted by G35Law
i only have about 17.5k on my 07, extremely moderate city and highway driving. i have a loud squeak/rattle in what sounds like the driver's side passenger and driver's windows/sills. in addition, i get a really, really loud distinctive squeak/rattle in the windshield. Dealer thinks I'm nuts, even though service manager has heard both distinctive squeaks/rattles.
Same issue here with the window.

Old 03-12-2009, 10:37 AM
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
I finally got my car to the dealer to address rattles. They were not able to replicate any of them even though I demonstrated the 2 passenger seat rattles to the service rep. I guess the cars tend to behave in the hands of the technicians. I picked the car up after the service rep was gone so I wasn't able to talk to him, but I don't think a 3rd trip to get rattles fixed is going to make a difference. I noticed the same rattles in the loaner G to a much lesser extent, the headrests are just lose and have a lot of play and there seems to be somethig in the dashboard allowed to move freely.

I wish I could strip the car down and put it back together with padding everywhere! I envy you guys that have rattle free G's, I wish I could share the same pleasure. Sadly, I think it will weigh heavily in my decision to buy another Infiniti, especially if I still live in the NE with crappy roads. I don't fault the car too much, there is always going to be some issue with any car, I just wish I could fix the rattles.

Old 03-12-2009, 11:09 AM
Does anyone have a moon roof rattle? What I thought was my rear deck flexing is actually my moon roof flexing when going around slow sharp turns in an underground parking garage. and sometimes when hitting bumps on the road.

I am able to replicate it if I push up on the moon roof when it is closed, it sounds like the rubber seals are rubbing.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Rattles