No
33.33%
Voters: 96. You may not vote on this poll

Rattles

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-12-2009, 08:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
volnedan: You never had a car where the guage cluster moves up and down in a mortorized manner. I think that's the source of the problem. I find that I use the steering wheel as a "crutch" to get out of he car. That action may be disrupting the seals. I had my Dealer fix my slight rattle with the "dum dum" stuff. It's good now. Damn these Robots making the cars !!! Bring back the People to assemble the cars, so that they can "call in sick" on Mondays or Fridays. Kidding aside, keep after the dealer or Regional rep to get this resolved to your satisfaction. Did you have the rosewood or other applique installed? I wonder if that s affecting the interior parts. I have the OEM Washi - looks real good with the grey Leather.

Old 03-12-2009, 10:03 PM
Originally Posted by volnedan
arrggggghhhh this is frustrating for $40k car.

my $0.02 (not that they matter) is that it's not the MSRP that mitigates whether a car will have rattles or not -- it's just poor design and fitment, the materials themselves may be just fine. The interfacing sux. And good thing I didn't pay $40k for my G!

Old 03-20-2009, 06:41 PM
So far I seem to be among the lucky few... 10K and no rattles. Hope I can say the same at 50K.

Old 03-31-2009, 06:24 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I am starting to experience a rattle noise coming somewhere from the passenger front side of my car (just broke 10k miles). There is nothing in my glove compartment and there only seems to be a rattle when traveling over a bumpy road. Anyone else experiencing this kind of rattle?

Old 04-15-2009, 09:33 PM
Originally Posted by 306HP
I have been reading a lot about rattles in the G35 interior, I have had mine or 15k miles now and have not exprienced any rattle at all. In fact, the car has been flawless since I bought it. Just curious to know how many have experienced this
Freakn aye...right after reading this thread what do I find out when I shut my driver side door -- a RATTLE!!! Who the hell wrote this thread?!! Haa!

But yeah, I'm starting to hear this rattle (actually, it's more of a bird chirp) whenever I close my door. It sounds like a screw is loose in there or something. I did have my windows tinted last year where they removed all the windows from the car and baked them. So I'm not sure if the "chirping" is a result from them or from the factory my baby was born in. =/

Old 04-20-2009, 11:12 AM
Originally Posted by Chris G
Does anyone have a moon roof rattle? What I thought was my rear deck flexing is actually my moon roof flexing when going around slow sharp turns in an underground parking garage. and sometimes when hitting bumps on the road.

I am able to replicate it if I push up on the moon roof when it is closed, it sounds like the rubber seals are rubbing.
I was able to fix this without going to the dealership, I bought a can of 3M Silicone lubricant and sprayed it around the sunroof seal, rattle gone!

I also had the imfamous cluster rattle which i fixed by stuffing a 2 small folded kleenex squares into the crevice between where the clear portion of the cluster meets the black piece below it, if you push down on the black area you can hear the cluster creak.

Old 04-23-2009, 02:35 AM
already had 2 windshield replacements, sounds like I have loose change between the glass and the dash 38,000 miles debating ona 3rd windshiled

somewhat dissapointed,I thought I bought an above averag car with the same above average service......

Old 04-23-2009, 07:39 AM
Originally Posted by almatti
volnedan: You never had a car where the guage cluster moves up and down in a mortorized manner. I think that's the source of the problem. I find that I use the steering wheel as a "crutch" to get out of he car. That action may be disrupting the seals. I had my Dealer fix my slight rattle with the "dum dum" stuff. It's good now. Damn these Robots making the cars !!! Bring back the People to assemble the cars, so that they can "call in sick" on Mondays or Fridays. Kidding aside, keep after the dealer or Regional rep to get this resolved to your satisfaction. Did you have the rosewood or other applique installed? I wonder if that s affecting the interior parts. I have the OEM Washi - looks real good with the grey Leather.
Yes I have, this is my 4th G with a motorized tilt/telescoping steering wheel. I had the G37 coupe for over a year before I bought the sedan, and did not have this problem. A friend of mine bought an 08 journey sedan a few months before me from same dealer, and he has not had this issue at all.

No special "applique" installed, just the OEM washi trim. This is a growing pain in my @ss that I may just have to deal with. Unfortunately.

Old 04-24-2009, 10:21 AM
New35 - Check the thread about the windshield popping. I had the same problem as you with 2 windshields replaced to now avail. Addressing the cowl solved all the problems. What a relief.

Old 04-25-2009, 08:22 AM
Had rattle in center Dashboard. Was corrected with some added insulation. Now just started a rattle on passenger side - sounds like from the door area or windshield at the dashboard area on passenger side.I have 17.5k miles on the clock...

Old 05-01-2009, 11:37 PM
Front left vent annoyingly continues to make creak noise, have taken it back to the dealer twice. They replaced the vent the first time, luckily under my warranty and second time performed an insullation of some sort. Within a couple days the creak comes back. Poor vent design.

Last edited by wills06g35; 05-02-2009 at 10:25 AM.
Old 05-02-2009, 09:31 AM
Originally Posted by almatti
Had rattle in center Dashboard. Was corrected with some added insulation. Now just started a rattle on passenger side - sounds like from the door area or windshield at the dashboard area on passenger side.I have 17.5k miles on the clock...
Update on Rattle: Just had Dealer address and repair the winshield rattle up by the passenger side. they applied some new insulation, according to Service manager. Rattles seems to be gone....he was funny though: while driving with him there was a "rattle" overhead. He checks the sunglass holder and low and behold, the sunglasses were rattling in the holder. we both had a laugh about that !!

Old 05-02-2009, 09:35 AM
09 G37 with 2k miles and no rattles to speak of!!

Old 05-02-2009, 10:26 AM
About a week ago I noticed a slight pop or click noise when taking my foot off of the clutch peddle.

Old 06-20-2009, 09:43 PM
oh rattles... it also doesn't help that the roads in my city resemble the moon's surface. ****ing garbage i tell ya.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Rattles