G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

IPOD/Iphone and Navigation screen

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-12-2009, 09:36 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
IPOD/Iphone and Navigation screen

Will an iPod/iPhone play video to the navigation display when the car is in park???? If so, how is the picture quality?

Old 01-12-2009, 03:12 PM
Yes, You Can, But...

You can play your iPod/iPhone thru the video system, but it does NOT play thru the Infiniti iPod cable. Instead, you must buy a special $40-45 cable for your iPod/Phone that plugs into the iPod/Phone and splits the video into a composite signal. You then plug the three ends of the cable (audio and audio left/right) into the AUX input in the console.

The picture is not bad, although why you would want to watch video in your car is beyond me, but hey, we all do strange things in our cars, don't we? And you also get the choice of normal, cinema or wide screen displays in case you are using a DVD player for playback.

I have taken a picture of my video camera hooked up to the screen in both normal 4X3 video and the cinema wide-screen setting. It looks to me as if the picture quality will be about as good as the input source you are using. Digital stuff on iPhones should look pretty good.

Two other things to note on this topic:
1. The iPhone G3 does NOT charge with the Infiniti cable and iPod interface. The music will play back fine, but you get a message on the phone that says it is not charging. I have an iPod nano in my console, which frees me from having to plug the phone in and out every time I leave the car.
2. You must have the emergency brake on to watch video or you will get a "the video will resume as soon as the car stops" message, even if the car is not running and you are not moving.

Now you know...

Attached Thumbnails IPOD/Iphone and Navigation screen-cimg3269.jpg   IPOD/Iphone and Navigation screen-cimg3268.jpg  
Old 01-12-2009, 03:20 PM
That's too bad that my Iphone 3G wont charge in the dock.... I wonder why??? I'm looking forward to Slingbox being available for the Iphone. This would let you watch your home TV on your Iphone, thus on your screen of your G witch is cool. It’s just something cool to entertain your self if your stuck waiting for someone and your in your car.

Old 01-12-2009, 03:23 PM
Apple has been very picky about what charges the iPhone G3. None of the stuff I have for iPods (and my family owns 6 of them) will charge it, only the iPhone charger that came with it. They all look the same and plug in the same way, but Apple has decided on a different system for the G3.

Old 01-12-2009, 03:40 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My 4th gen iPod Nano won't charge either. It has to do with the usb charging that apple went to last year or something.

Old 01-13-2009, 07:06 AM
found this out yesterday, my 3G phone won't even play music through the G37 interface, it just saids deviced not supported oh well, no biggie

Old 01-13-2009, 09:23 AM
Originally Posted by SANTOS29
found this out yesterday, my 3G phone won't even play music through the G37 interface, it just saids deviced not supported oh well, no biggie
Your iPhone G3 WILL play music thru the Infiniti interface. Just keep the phone plugged in and it will come up. The error message refers to the fact that the phone will not charge. I just played music thru mine in the car yesterday, so I know it works!

I don't leave my phone plugged in the car. That's why I have a iPod nano.

Old 01-13-2009, 10:21 AM
Roger is right - despite the message displayed on your iPhone (about the peripheral not being supported), your iPhone will play through the ipod interface without issue

Old 01-13-2009, 09:44 PM
Oh ok that sounds good, I'll give it a try tomorrow

Old 01-16-2009, 04:21 PM
Try this for the charging problem
http://store.apple.com/us/product/TS...mco=MjE1MDc5OQ
It worked for my ipod adapter...but I dont' have a coool G37 like you guys.

Old 01-16-2009, 10:48 PM
Thanks rohardi I give this a try for sure, next time I'm at the apple store ill look for it

Old 02-02-2009, 03:22 PM
I picked my G37 up last Saturday, dealer said the iPhone 3G and Ipod Touch (the newest Apple devices) will not charge and that it is a voltage problem. Something about the way the USB charging is integrated into the newest devices being the source of the problem and that people should complain to Apple (waste of time).

Old 02-02-2009, 04:42 PM
Originally Posted by blklude98
Try this for the charging problem
http://store.apple.com/us/product/TS...mco=MjE1MDc5OQ
It worked for my ipod adapter...but I dont' have a coool G37 like you guys.

G35Rhino, have you tried this??? did it work?

Old 02-02-2009, 06:38 PM
Originally Posted by rohardi
G35Rhino, have you tried this??? did it work?
Ordered one today. Let you know in the next 5 days or so when it gets here. I doubt seriously the Apple would resell it and specifically list Infiniti (albeit with an incorrect spelling) in the compatibability if it won't work but for $25 I'll happily be the guinea pig.

Old 02-03-2009, 12:12 AM
Originally Posted by G35Rhino
Ordered one today. Let you know in the next 5 days or so when it gets here. I doubt seriously the Apple would resell it and specifically list Infiniti (albeit with an incorrect spelling) in the compatibability if it won't work but for $25 I'll happily be the guinea pig.
It works. I got one and it works perfectly. It's kind of big, but does what it's supposed to. The issue is that the iphone 3G and new touch will not charge by Firewire any longer (don't understand why they changed it), so you have to get one of these adapters.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: IPOD/Iphone and Navigation screen