G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Best place to order IMPUL springs?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-22-2009, 12:30 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by johnnyzee
guys guys guys, a drop is a drop!!!
don't think you'll get away from "tire rutts" and "highway glaciers" by buying overpriced springs that supposedly give you 3/4 of an inch less in drop.

If you want the drop, do the eibach/tein/h&R setup and if you want a slight lift in the winter, throw on some spring boosters (cheap alternative to coilovers).
I guess that is an option. The Eibach drop of 1.4" and 1.3" would equal 0.4 and 0.3" drops after adding a 1" spring booster. This equals 10.2mm and 7.6mm to compare to the Impul drop of 20mm and 5mm. I wonder how secure the spring will be in the booster.

http://www.mr-gasket.com/ProductDeta...ring%20booster

Lots of different styles actually, some are even "adjustable".
http://www.autobarn.net/ac18-1201.html

Oh well something to think about. Still wish that I could get the Impuls though.

Old 01-22-2009, 12:37 PM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts
^ JMO, but spring boosters suck.
They create pressure points on the coils & added stress.

Old 01-22-2009, 12:49 PM
Received 85 Likes on 74 Posts
I wouldn't consider Spring Boosters.
For those of use with X's and the concerns we have, it's not a viable solution.
We live with good weather for about 6-7 months and then have 5-6 months of pure crap.
Are you going to get alignments every six months when these boosters are installed or removed?

Old 01-22-2009, 05:19 PM
Opps...very true!!

Old 01-23-2009, 03:46 PM
is this the one we are talking about here?
http://www.japanparts.com/db/partsli...ddle=3&small=9
It seems they have 15% off sale until March

Old 01-24-2009, 01:30 PM
Originally Posted by bkulleo
is this the one we are talking about here?
http://www.japanparts.com/db/partsli...ddle=3&small=9
It seems they have 15% off sale until March
Yup...and damned if the price didn't just go up because of the exchange rate again! I really want one because of the mild drop but $600-$700 after shipping is hard to justify.

Old 01-24-2009, 06:33 PM
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
about the boosters....

this is what I use in the rear. you wont get 1" lift, why you ask?
when the car is sitting on the spring (loaded), there already is a gap between the coils. this gap is close to 1/2 inch, maybe less. The booster just holds a gap between the two coils to 1", so in total, your car might realistically get a lift of 1/2 to 3/4 inch.

I have this booster installed on the rear of my 02 Camry (also lowered with eibach pro) for the last 3 years. It gives the rear that more even, level look with the front as eibach/ tein/ etc appear as if the rear slightly sags.

As for aligning, if you're using it for just a season, a 1/2 to 3/4 inch lift for a few months of winter do not justify having to re-align.

Old 01-24-2009, 06:51 PM
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by InTgr8r
^ JMO, but spring boosters suck.
They create pressure points on the coils & added stress.
.....but yes, i agree, it does suck having to use these. having the spring at the right height from the get-go is your best route (which yes, would be the impuls). I wouldn't recommend this for prolonged front spring useage, but I am a big fan for using them on the rear for that slight 1/2 to 3/4 lift. There' s 5 or 6 coils that provide flex and losing one for the booster is not noticeable, nor will it damage your springs, at least not in the 3-4 years that I had em on my Camry.

If you're really concerned for the coils pressure points and "added stress", these boosters can be modified and placed on the top of your spring, with one side of the booster's u-channel cut flat, and cut to desired height (anything up to 1 inch), then tie-wrapped or epoxied (or both preferably) in place onto the top coil, such as in this picture to give you an idea. Our G's springs in the rear already sit on a rubber spacer on the top, all you're doing here is adding to that stock rubber.

So...yes, spring boosters suck, but used/applied properly they do give an unadjustable spring some room for adjustment.

Old 01-27-2009, 03:47 AM
Originally Posted by johnnyzee
about the boosters....

this is what I use in the rear. you wont get 1" lift, why you ask?
when the car is sitting on the spring (loaded), there already is a gap between the coils. this gap is close to 1/2 inch, maybe less. The booster just holds a gap between the two coils to 1", so in total, your car might realistically get a lift of 1/2 to 3/4 inch.

I have this booster installed on the rear of my 02 Camry (also lowered with eibach pro) for the last 3 years. It gives the rear that more even, level look with the front as eibach/ tein/ etc appear as if the rear slightly sags.

As for aligning, if you're using it for just a season, a 1/2 to 3/4 inch lift for a few months of winter do not justify having to re-align.
Johnyzee, the black rubber Mr. Gasket booster have a U-channel on both sides of the booster? Or are they flat on one side?

Old 02-03-2009, 12:00 PM
Received 83 Likes on 42 Posts
I'm still working on these guys, I'm trying to get you guys the best price possible. I will have an update soon.

Old 02-03-2009, 12:09 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
yeahh keep us posted rick!!

Old 02-03-2009, 04:48 PM
Originally Posted by RICK@riversideinfiniti
I'm still working on these guys, I'm trying to get you guys the best price possible. I will have an update soon.
Thanks Rick! I may need to bite the bullet and get something soon because I have some 19" wheels on the way and I want to address the gap soon.

All the coil-overs that are coming out in the "near future" still seem to start off at 3/4" drop for the rear which means at least a 1" drop to balance the front gap. Plus they still cost $1400+. These Impul springs do not offer a lot of bang for the buck but the step up to a coil over is huge $$$. I do not want to go to an Eibach or H&R because it seems like the alignment can't be brought back to spec which is a big no-no here in Hawaii.

Last edited by rustyeleio; 02-05-2009 at 01:21 AM.
Old 02-04-2009, 10:34 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by RICK@riversideinfiniti
you're the man rick, i'm game for these

Old 02-04-2009, 10:44 PM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts
^ yeah, I'm sure Rick will the best he can for us.
Just wish they were more in line with Eibach's et al.

Old 02-06-2009, 03:12 PM
Received 83 Likes on 42 Posts
$695 shipped for first set guys. I need someone to step up and buy the first set! from there I will see how many more I can get, as of now this is the best price I was able to find. Like anything else JDM there is a wait time, but should not be to long I hope.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Best place to order IMPUL springs?