G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

black,bluish-grey,red,bluish-grey,grey,white,grey,beige

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-06-2009, 01:23 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Infiniti as a brand does offer a few interesting colors. They just don't offer them for the G sedan. The G coupe comes in a pretty cool athens blue ,straight-up fire-engine red, and a purplish gray (still the gray thing, but purple hues are pretty rare in cardom). The FX50 comes in an interesting copper color.

On the whole I agree with the OP though, with only a few exceptions Infiniti's color palette is a bit drab.

Then again, I saw an Army Green Z4 the other day that was gawdawful. In some cases variety is not a good thing.

Old 02-06-2009, 05:27 PM
LH1
I agree. This is one area for 2nd gen G's I haven't liked too much. Sahara Sandstone sucks, get rid of it. Like Zed is saying all the other colors are just meh.

I just wish Infiniti would offer a few more colors from their other vehicles.
Adding Athens Blue to the G37 sedan would be the best option imo. How about throwing in Mojave Copper and Midnight Mocha from the FX? That would give some better variety.

I know, I know. Infiniti will never do it. Whatever.

Old 02-07-2009, 09:33 PM
The Infiniti G color palette is the only one more boring than the BMW 3 series sedan's. At least BMW has Barbera Red, Montego Blue, and Emerald Green. True, they also try to make you pay nearly $600 for metallic paint, which is a joke.

I wish Infiniti could drop one of the blue-grays and add something more true-blue, and add some type of burgundy and green color. I know they had an interesting green the 1st year of the G35 - so it's not like there's no precedent. If the Garnet Ember is meant to be the one token "bold" color, I'd recommend they get really bold and add a little more yellow to the mix, and maybe leave the red out altogether.

I think 2010 would be a good model year to totally revamp the colors, both interior and exterior - especially since that's the year my 335 lease is up, and I need something to incentivize me to buy an Infiniti nearly at the end of its run before an all-new one comes out that will no doubt be even closer, if not surpass, the performance of my 2007 335. I likely won't go back to a new BMW given how their MSRP has ballooned since 2007 and their lease rates aren't what they used to be. I think it will come down to buying my 3-year old leased 335 vs. spending 10K more on a new G37 or G8.

Maybe they're saving the really cool colors for the G38. OK, I'll buy my used 335, and keep it until the second or third model year of the next generation G - when they bring out the next engine upgrade (a slightly detuned version of the GT-R engine would be nice, but I'd settle for a direct injected 360 hp version of the G37 engine that gets 2 or 3 mpg better mileage or a drop back to a 3 liter VQ with direct injection and a couple of low pressure turbos that gets 30mpg and delivers big, flat torque and hp that doesn't require "acceleration swell" marketing BS to polish up the peaky shortcomings of the current design).

Old 02-08-2009, 01:26 AM
would you buy a pink g35 with no cup holders?
rofl!

Old 02-08-2009, 01:37 AM
Received 161 Likes on 122 Posts
Right there with you, ZED! Colour was a big factor in selecting my car - hey, aside from that they're ALL THE SAME, right? In fact I set out to buy a red one and ended up falling in love with the green, because it ain't silver/grey/beige/black like 90% of cars on the road.

https://g35driver.com/forums/lounge-...r-colours.html

Old 02-08-2009, 03:45 AM
Well on the the original sedans they offered a bright blue (almost baby) and a dark green that I've seen around. They look terrible, I have a feeling they didn't sell very well so when they introduced the new generation they kept these abstract colors out...

Old 02-08-2009, 12:14 PM
Received 161 Likes on 122 Posts
Originally Posted by popcornten
Well on the the original sedans they offered a bright blue (almost baby) and a dark green that I've seen around. They look terrible, I have a feeling they didn't sell very well so when they introduced the new generation they kept these abstract colors out...
Thanks for the compliment. But you're right, they didn't sell and that's why they were discontinued. Thanks to all you people who didn't buy one, and made my sedan relatively rare among G's.

Old 02-08-2009, 03:12 PM
Originally Posted by SwivelHips
Thanks for the compliment. But you're right, they didn't sell and that's why they were discontinued. Thanks to all you people who didn't buy one, and made my sedan relatively rare among G's.
Ha I was talking more about that blue, its awful. I've got nothing against the dark green, I'm just not a fan of it.

I was trying to make more of a point that people can't complain about not having color choices because there used to be some exotic colors but they obviously didn't sell well so it's the consumers fault!

(I would love an Athens Blue tho on the sedans...