G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

20K Maintenace Time and Dealer quote me $530 dollars

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-16-2009, 05:19 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down 20K Maintenace Time and Dealer quote me $530 dollars

My car just hit 20K and the maintenance reminder light pop up.

So I grabbed my phone and called up the dealership, I asked him that I want a loaner car and he explained to me what will be done to my car with all the good stuff and next thing you know I asked him how much it would cost me for oil change, tuning, cleaning engine blah blah blah....

He quoted me $530 dollars and I was like...WTF??? I know I'm driving a luxury car but it's not hard to tell that I'm really getting screw here so I'm asking you guys out there...

20K Maintenance,

How much did you guys spent?
How much I should be looking for?

The guy talked almost like a sales person which is really turn me off...he wont let me hang up when I said I wanted to call him back and think about it and then he said, "well I may not able to book to you if you don’t let me know now" I was like, “Well let me call you ok?? Rudely” lol because he was really being push over.

Long story short, should I go with it? I don't mind get down and dirty DIY oil change/air filter, but what about other stuff? Is it really necessary? Is it hard to do?

Cheers!

Old 04-16-2009, 05:27 PM
Received 61 Likes on 49 Posts
I don't think you need much for 20k service other than the usual oil change, topping off various fluids which you can do somewhere else, and filter change if needed. Depending if your wheels are staggered or not, you can rotate your tires and also inspect your brakes.

I can't really think of anything else. IMO I don't think it's worth going to the dealer for those maintenance services. I'd just take it to a reputable mechanic for a fraction of the cost.

Old 04-16-2009, 05:50 PM
just wait for the 30K. Just got my G coupe's 30k done and it was all good. Cost me $562 but that was including the alignment. If you absolutely must get this 20k service then def negotiate with them. They will budge. Im just gonna wait till my baby hits 30k or so.

Old 04-16-2009, 06:12 PM
Originally Posted by J2S2M
I don't think you need much for 20k service other than the usual oil change, topping off various fluids which you can do somewhere else, and filter change if needed. Depending if your wheels are staggered or not, you can rotate your tires and also inspect your brakes.

I can't really think of anything else. IMO I don't think it's worth going to the dealer for those maintenance services. I'd just take it to a reputable mechanic for a fraction of the cost.
Only reason I considered the dealership is because its not far from where where I work ( 5 mins drive) and they give out a loaner car as a piece of mind.

I don't need rotation because my rims is staggered.
I don't need air filter change because I got intake.

Only thing that I really need is oil change which something I can do, but he was talking about all these Engine tuning and cleaning it, which I had no clue what it was???

Old 04-16-2009, 10:28 PM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
20k service? Are you serious? HAHAHA, I wish I would give a stealership anything other than $45 for an oil change at 20k. Sounds like they are trying to dig in your pockets, run!!!

Old 04-17-2009, 12:00 AM
That would be called a SCAM. 20,000 service does not even exist. The dino oil/severe schedule is 18750 and 22500, syn. oil is 15k and 22.5k. http://www.infinitiusa.com/ownership...schedules.html. Oil change and a few safety checks are all that are required. Report these scumbags to the Better Business Bureau and Nissan Corporate.

It is an absolute shame that some misinformed people will actually fall for this. Bad business.

You should post this stealership in the Hall of Shame (is there one on G35 driver?)

Old 04-17-2009, 12:12 AM
I had this experience in the past with other Infinitis. All you need to do it just do the ones mandatory not the ones recommended by the dealer. I would just take the tips and maintenance needed from the Edmunds website and ask the dealer to do the same. I would understand if it was for 30K service it would be around $500.

Old 04-17-2009, 11:37 AM
There shouldn't be a $500 20k service requirement on ANY new car. If I had to guess, I'd say the guy at the dealership probably quoted you the 30k service price. And even the 30k service is 20% necessary, 80% ripoff. They charge you a ton of money to "check" a lot of things that probably have less than a fraction of a percent fail rate within 30k miles. Any shop (or you if you're inclined) can rotate tires, change an air filter, change the oil or check the brakes. And if your brakes are going, you'll know well before its metal on metal, at least in front.

I'd say just reset the indicator light and get your oil changed at the proper intervals for now. At 30k go get the service from the dealer if you want peace of mind. But don't go fork over $500 to the dealer at 20k.

Old 04-17-2009, 11:48 PM
Originally Posted by G35DekThai
My car just hit 20K and the maintenance reminder light pop up.

So I grabbed my phone and called up the dealership, I asked him that I want a loaner car and he explained to me what will be done to my car with all the good stuff and next thing you know I asked him how much it would cost me for oil change, tuning, cleaning engine blah blah blah....

He quoted me $530 dollars and I was like...WTF??? I know I'm driving a luxury car but it's not hard to tell that I'm really getting screw here so I'm asking you guys out there...

20K Maintenance,

How much did you guys spent?
How much I should be looking for?

The guy talked almost like a sales person which is really turn me off...he wont let me hang up when I said I wanted to call him back and think about it and then he said, "well I may not able to book to you if you don’t let me know now" I was like, “Well let me call you ok?? Rudely” lol because he was really being push over.

Long story short, should I go with it? I don't mind get down and dirty DIY oil change/air filter, but what about other stuff? Is it really necessary? Is it hard to do?

Cheers!
Which dealer??

Old 04-18-2009, 02:40 AM
Believe it or not, West Infiniti

Old 04-18-2009, 09:14 AM
Go poop in his office.. hes trying to screw you!

Old 04-20-2009, 02:38 PM
That's absolutely absurd for 20k.

Oh and the lowest I was quoted in the entire Northern VA/Southern MD area for the 30k service was $900 - not including the synthetic oil upcharge. Needless to say I went with the oil change and changed the in cabin filter myself ($10 part). $900 my ***.

Old 04-20-2009, 05:14 PM
Originally Posted by dcmidnight
That's absolutely absurd for 20k.

Oh and the lowest I was quoted in the entire Northern VA/Southern MD area for the 30k service was $900 - not including the synthetic oil upcharge. Needless to say I went with the oil change and changed the in cabin filter myself ($10 part). $900 my ***.

LOL you are my Hero, that is what im trying to do. I love DIY, it makes you appreciated your ride even more. (When you don't F up LOL)

Old 04-20-2009, 09:32 PM
West Houston gave me two years free maintenance, so my goal is the get the 30,000 service in those two years

I'm almost positive I'll get there - I'm at about 18,000 and 1 year is the end of this month.

I just hope they're doing all the "required" (read: money making) services the dealership recommends and not skimping out just because they're footing the bill...

Old 04-20-2009, 10:07 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Try! Nissan Dealer!!

Sawadee Krab!!Try nissan Dealer.They done same Services.and Cheaper too. Call them up let See!!
But most ihave seen 30K services only!! not 20K

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 20K Maintenace Time and Dealer quote me $530 dollars