G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

G35x complaint letter to Nissan

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-22-2009, 03:44 PM
Premier Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes and tecni Grammar sucks. HS, like people would know what that is.

Old 06-22-2009, 07:34 PM
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
the audience here is an internet forum, and informality is implied and accepted. acronyms and loose applications of grammar are very common in every internet forum i've ever read.

in business correspondence, grammar is important.

Old 06-23-2009, 10:55 AM
Originally Posted by rpm&my_G35
^
Shouldn't the first word of a sentence begin with a capital letter?
See...it's easy to criticize.

I wasn't writting a letter to Corporate Nissan...

Old 06-23-2009, 11:19 AM
Originally Posted by G35_TX
Yes and tecni Grammar sucks. HS, like people would know what that is.

My grammar "sucks"? Anything you write is written diarrhea. Why would you capitalize "Grammar" since it’s neither the first word in a sentence nor a title? Could it be a proper Noun perhaps? I think not...

Also, if you don't know what HS is then you probably never graduated from it.

Lets take a look at a recent post of yours since you believe to have such flawless writing techniques:

Fragment much?

Old 06-23-2009, 11:27 AM
Received 116 Likes on 110 Posts
tecni,

Regardless of whom you where writing too, your comment was insulting.
iboy was looking for advice (see second line of his post), to which you made a derogatory comment.

We are here to help each other.

Old 06-23-2009, 12:56 PM
You're right... I might have been a little harsh on the guy but he needs to know that a letter like that won't get him anywhere with Nissan.

Originally Posted by rpm&my_G35
tecni,

Regardless of whom you where writing too, your comment was insulting.
iboy was looking for advice (see second line of his post), to which you made a derogatory comment.

We are here to help each other.

Old 06-23-2009, 01:06 PM
Received 213 Likes on 156 Posts
As much as i appreciate grammar, i think a few misses here and there won't matter much to most diverse international companies these days. There are a lot of high profile and/or highly successful people in these companies that have sub-par writing skills - there are also a lot of employees world-wide with good degrees, specializing in their own fields of expertise, who cannot write even if their life depended on it.

Not that it's an excuse. All I'm saying is that a lot of businesses nowadays are quite a bit more tolerant and will not use "poor grammar" as grounds for dismissing a letter or any form of communication altogether. Although, proper writing will help get the message across in a clearer manner.

Old 06-24-2009, 12:45 PM
Originally Posted by iboy
Dealer finds a pinhole sized hole along the crack and says that is the impact point. They won't replace the windshield under warranty. Checks the electrical and decides the battery is low -- last month he said the battery was fine. They pro-rate and replaced the battery. Just $32 on my side.

Dealer says because I bought new tires somewhere else checking the pressure sensors will cost me. I said I had to buy new tires because the pressure sensors didn't work and I shredded a tire on the freeway. They agree to re-set the pressure sensors for free. I haven't checked to see if they actually work.

It's debatable whether the final result is fair, but this car has been more of a pain than fun. Probably no more Nissans for me.
So, the window was a pinhole sized hole, even though you thought there was none there to begin with. In otherwords, they provided you with evidence that there's a good chance this was not their fault.

As already been mentioned, the TPMS systems are not designed to detect a blowout and are not designed to detect instantaneous pressure monitoring. Once again, this is NOT a problem with the TPMS systems as they are functioning properly. Sure, it may be a flaw in the whole idea of the TPMS systems but that's not Nissan's fault.

So basically, of your complaints the battery was the only problem, and that was due to a ****ty dealer.

I think you're misplacing your disappointment at Nissan/Infiniti.

Old 06-24-2009, 01:20 PM
It's true. I tossed my copies of the MLA handbook and Strunk & White many years ago. I'm happier for it. I'm comfortable with the tone (I'm a pissed off consumer) and the content (this is what is wrong, this is what I want you to do to fix it) of my email to Nissan and I'm not particularly interested in debating with a wanna-be grammar **** who's probably just having a bad day.

A new car needed three tows and a couple of battery charges in the first two years. The apparently broken tire pressure sensors and the windshield that seemed to break for no reason added to the annoyance factor.

The dealer said they couldn't find any warrantable issues, but would be happy to try to rip me off for several hundred dollars for something both unrelated and not true. (BTW -- the dealer was Infiniti of Gwinnett).

Nissan regional couldn't get back to me for three weeks even though I left messages with the regional customer affairs rep. The ultimate fix was basically marginal.

I don't think it helps Nissan to have its dealers get caught trying to steal from the customers. Unhappy customers are a very scary proposition today. Whatever we type here could be floating around the web for a long time. If I were really pissed, I could fill out a Consumer Reports survey or leave reviews at Edmunds or Cars.com.

</rant>
Now for something useful -- The problem du jour is that two of the three holes in the drivers side windshield wash sprayer are clogged. Does anybody have a better idea than to poke at it with a toothpick?

Old 06-24-2009, 01:43 PM
Received 213 Likes on 156 Posts
^ Do you know what it's clogged with? That'll help determine what to place to "dissolve" the clog. Otherwise, poking it is probably your next best bet... although i'm not sure how good that would be as it seems like that would just be pushing the dirt in, no?

Old 06-24-2009, 05:08 PM
Received 116 Likes on 110 Posts
re: cleaning washer nozzles

I wouldn't use a tooth pic. It may break on you and make the situation much worse.
Perhaps try a small metal pin or a needle.
If that doesnt work you could possibly disassemble the nozzles from the underside of the hood, remove the hose and force compressed air or something through the nozzles in the same direction as the fluid would flow. This is not the easiest. The hose is concealed inside the rubber moulding.
Good luck!

Old 06-24-2009, 11:34 PM
holes in the drivers side windshield wash sprayer are clogged. Does anybody have a better idea than to poke at it with a toothpick?
Yes, don't use a toothpick. Use a push pin or a needle (use something strong that will not break off into the hole) thats what she said. It happens to me too I have had to do it a couple of times now. All my fluids get replaced by the dealer, maybe its prone to clogging. My other cars have done this as well.

Good luck with the rest of your Infinit"y"

Old 06-27-2009, 02:20 PM
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
I'm comfortable with the tone (I'm a pissed off consumer) and the content (this is what is wrong, this is what I want you to do to fix it) of my email to Nissan and I'm not particularly interested in debating with a wanna-be grammar **** who's probably just having a bad day.
Nissan regional couldn't get back to me for three weeks even though I left messages with the regional customer affairs rep. The ultimate fix was basically marginal.
if you're cool with your letter, so am i (doesn't impact me). i'm just saying that the quality of your business letter has an impact on the business' response (whether that's right or not). you got back what you gave, in essence. my opinion is a more professional letter would have gotten you a quicker or better resolution.

i second the straight pin/needle recommendation on the nozzles.