G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

G50xS

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-04-2009, 08:25 PM
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by Greekboy115
Nothing wrong though with a 4 door GTR though. Am I right guys?
Nothing at all.

Old 06-04-2009, 08:26 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
well, they are using the GTR motor soon...but it won't be on their entry-level luxury sports sedan...they're making the infiniti essence

http://www.autobloggreen.com/2009/03...riendly-prese/

Old 06-05-2009, 01:46 AM
The essence won't be in production. I think.

But needless to say it is a badazz concept car.

Old 06-05-2009, 07:49 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by AesonVirus
Buy a GTR
that defeats the purpose of wanting 4 doors, although a gtr may be in my future regardless, but for the time being i need the 4 doors.

other things mentioned were weight, etc.. the car wouldnt be a pig, the engine isnt going to be that much heavier. just look at the isf, when they went from a 3.5 to a 5.0 no one considered that to be a pig, or the extra weight to hurt it in any way. it wouldnt be any different with the g.

someone also mentioned something about no point in building a g50 when the m50 is coming, but i beg to differ. the g50 would be the car to battle with the m3, amg63, and isF, where as the m50 is more e63amg, m5 territory if not bigger like the s or 7 series. so there absolutely would be a point to it. and i would bet my left nut that a g50xs would cut into the m3 sedan, and isf sales to the point that it would be worth while for infiniti.

Old 06-05-2009, 10:16 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
everybody else has been doing the big engines for a while. I feel like Infiniti wont jump on board. their beloved six cylinder has been around a while, and is probably here to stay.

Twin Turbo is out of the question. GTR has got it covered.

we will most likely see: serious weight reduction and direct injection.

Old 06-05-2009, 11:09 AM
Originally Posted by bmfgsxr
ive been itching for something like this since lexus came out with their isF. and now that infiniti has the fx50 there is a perfect engine for it. not sure if they would ever produce it, but it sure would be badass. nice 7speed auto with paddle shifters(that can shift as quick as the isF), some adjustable suspension settings via a button, slightly redesigned body style to the current G with more aggressive lines, and fender flairs, even direct injection. as it is they could easily tune that 5.0 to have the same or more hp than the isF or current m3. ran a quick google search and came up with a lame link. but its nice to dream.
I've been saying this for a while, Infiniti should step up an build a car to compet with the M3, C63, RS4, IS-F. Wider body, sportier interior, huge brakes... I would rather have a TT V6, but a big V8 will do...

If Infiniti builds this I'm getting one in a heartbeat...

Originally Posted by AesonVirus
Buy a GTR
Would love to, actually saw one last night and talked to the owner for a while, car was parked next to mine, but;
a. I need 4 doors and
b. GTR is to expensive, In mine dreams I see this Super G having the same price advantege over their competitors that the G35/37 has vs. the competition, priced around a $50K- $53K base price...

Originally Posted by SDGenius
no point in building a G50xS when the M50 is comming
Totally different cars, M50 is a larger more luxiorus car to compete with the 5 series, E class, A6, GS,

Infiniti please make this one and I'll get the 1st. one in PR...

Old 06-05-2009, 11:56 AM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by PeterUbers
...that's what I like about the IS-F --> just enough body styling to set it subtly apart from the IS350 .. (other than the fugly stacked fake exhaust tips) ...
...and the big, fat, ugly *** hood. IMO that kills the IS-F's looks way more than the ugly stacked exhaust tips.

Old 06-05-2009, 01:28 PM
Originally Posted by PR G35S
I've been saying this for a while, Infiniti should step up an build a car to compet with the M3, C63, RS4, IS-F. Wider body, sportier interior, huge brakes... I would rather have a TT V6, but a big V8 will do...

If Infiniti builds this I'm getting one in a heartbeat...

Would love to, actually saw one last night and talked to the owner for a while, car was parked next to mine, but;
a. I need 4 doors and
b. GTR is to expensive, In mine dreams I see this Super G having the same price advantege over their competitors that the G35/37 has vs. the competition, priced around a $50K- $53K base price...

Totally different cars, M50 is a larger more luxiorus car to compete with the 5 series, E class, A6, GS,

Infiniti please make this one and I'll get the 1st. one in PR...
precisely.

it would be far cheaper than the gtr and competetively priced.. id get one too. ill be looking for my next car come january most likely, and id love to stick with infiniti, but ill probably get either the m3 sedan or more likely the isF. unless i jump to an suv and go with the fx50. ill have to wait til next year. ideally i want to keep awd and since infiniti doesnt make a monster g it might have to be the fx.. this is another major factor that would make a
g50xs better than the competition (awd).

i think the infiniti is a better looking car than the is line, and a g50 would surely be even stronger looking than the current car which would make it even easier.

Old 06-05-2009, 01:30 PM
Originally Posted by AlterZgo
...and the big, fat, ugly *** hood. IMO that kills the IS-F's looks way more than the ugly stacked exhaust tips.
looks are always subjective.. i think the isF is a nice looking car, but not as nice as the m3 sedan, or even a theoretical g50xs with a more muscular stance.

Old 06-07-2009, 07:19 AM
Like mentioned urlier, the idea has been going around for a while. I think the biggest reason to why infiniti doesn't want to create a g50 or a gTT is because it would really hurt their GT-R sales because it would be almost the same engine in a different specification. In my opinion though they would go for a TT v6. because its something their good at and it would be much less costly since they wouldnt have to mess with weight issues as much because i think the rear of the car is a little heavier than the front. But yea i always thought they shud do it and smoke the competition like they did with the GT-R lol except with the tranny issues

Old 06-08-2009, 02:12 PM
Originally Posted by pwebb
everybody else has been doing the big engines for a while. I feel like Infiniti wont jump on board. their beloved six cylinder has been around a while, and is probably here to stay.

Twin Turbo is out of the question. GTR has got it covered.

we will most likely see: serious weight reduction and direct injection.
Yup i read somewhere that the future of the VQ will be the addition of direct injection. this would certainly improve gas mileage, torque and prob will get a hp bump too. weight reduction though? i doubt it. nissan's/infinti's tend to be porkers imo, relatively speaking of course.

Old 06-08-2009, 03:12 PM
Originally Posted by bmfgsxr
precisely.

it would be far cheaper than the gtr and competetively priced.. id get one too. ill be looking for my next car come january most likely, and id love to stick with infiniti, but ill probably get either the m3 sedan or more likely the isF. unless i jump to an suv and go with the fx50. ill have to wait til next year. ideally i want to keep awd and since infiniti doesnt make a monster g it might have to be the fx.. this is another major factor that would make a
g50xs better than the competition (awd).

i think the infiniti is a better looking car than the is line, and a g50 would surely be even stronger looking than the current car which would make it even easier.
+1,

I'm going to wait a little longer as I want to change my wife's RDX first, but that's the plan...Hopefully Infiniti will susprise us all with a vehicule of this type...

Old 06-09-2009, 03:25 AM
Originally Posted by Cabad85
Yup i read somewhere that the future of the VQ will be the addition of direct injection. this would certainly improve gas mileage, torque and prob will get a hp bump too. weight reduction though? i doubt it. nissan's/infinti's tend to be porkers imo, relatively speaking of course.
DI is fact. Weight reduction agree with you. Doubt it.

Old 06-09-2009, 12:54 PM
If I were Ghosn, this is what I would do:
-For MY 2010, introduce DI in the G, its already coming out in the M37 so might as well sell more units with this engine. However, the G37 with DI should be introduced as a Ltd Edition, commanding a +3k amount from the present engine. I think they can run both engines until the entire line up is refreshed.
-Introduce the Q, using the GTR engine, just to give the brand the much needed flagship. It will be a true statement to show Infiniti is a no nonsense brand.
-Given the G's 350HP, the Qs 440HP+, they can then figure out if they need something to fight with the M3. at 350hp, the G should be running 0-60 in around 4.9s, although not as fast as the M3, that should be able to turn some heads though.

Old 06-09-2009, 02:13 PM
Received 41 Likes on 26 Posts
If Infiniti comes out with a TT G37, that would 100% be my next car. Imagine all the gains you could get by simple bolt ons like exhaust, intake and chip. ahhh i'm drooling
C'mon Infiniti!! it's a Skyline and it NEEDZ teh turboz!!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: G50xS