G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

??Sport Sedan??Touchup paint color?New Member

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-21-2009, 06:50 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
??Sport Sedan??Touchup paint color?New Member

Hello,
Don't hate me, but I kind of fell into becoming a G35 owner. I was looking for car between 20-30K, that had some punch and a little luxury. I was looking at Impreza, Lancer, and Integra. I had an automotive dealer genius (Super Gerry at Oldtown Auto 208-437-4011) call me with a deal I could not resist...G35 Sport Sedan with Premium package (5spd AT). I bought it 2 days ago, and freakin love it!
I have two questions:
Is there such thing as "sport Sedan" and does this make it a 2nd Gen with improved engine and suspension? Will my Vin tell me anything about my car?
The car is black and I want to get some touch up paint. Does Infinti have different versions/shades of "black" avail? Suggestions on where I should get the paint?

Ok, that was 4 questions.

I'd appreciate the help, thanks,
JB

Old 06-21-2009, 07:47 PM
Premier Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
so what year is it?

Old 06-21-2009, 08:25 PM
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Congrats on the new G! As far as the touch up paint info, if you open your drivers side door their should be a sticker that lists your paint code. As an example I have Plat. Graphite and mine is K51. Look to see what yours is then you can purchase the touch up paint at any Infiniti dealer. Don't hurt yourself and pick one up at Walmart. If you don't have one close to yourself you can always find them online. I have posted one for you to see. Good luck with the ride and post up some pics!

Grubbs Infiniti:
http://www.grubbsperformance.com/servlet/Detail?no=2857

Old 06-21-2009, 11:12 PM
Stardust, she's an '07.
Thanks, greekboy115.
It's raining today, I'll get some pics up soon.

Old 06-21-2009, 11:59 PM
No problem , to answer your other question. The S package has a tighter suspension, 18" wheels, bigger brakes (only non-x models if i'm not mistaken), sport seats, different front bumper and I think thats all. Others will fill in i'm sure if I forgot something. There is no extra engine upgrades on the Sport models.

Old 06-22-2009, 12:36 AM
Originally Posted by Jon81035
Hello,
Don't hate me, but I kind of fell into becoming a G35 owner. I was looking for car between 20-30K, that had some punch and a little luxury. I was looking at Impreza, Lancer, and Integra. I had an automotive dealer genius (Super Gerry at Oldtown Auto 208-437-4011) call me with a deal I could not resist...G35 Sport Sedan with Premium package (5spd AT). I bought it 2 days ago, and freakin love it!
I have two questions:
Is there such thing as "sport Sedan" and does this make it a 2nd Gen with improved engine and suspension? Will my Vin tell me anything about my car?
The car is black and I want to get some touch up paint. Does Infinti have different versions/shades of "black" avail? Suggestions on where I should get the paint?

Ok, that was 4 questions.

I'd appreciate the help, thanks,
JB
Welcome!

But I have on question...20-30K for luxury you were looking lancer, impreza and...integra? They haven't made an Integra in like 10 years! And hopefully you mean the STI and EVO version of the others!

Does your car say G35S on the back? OR is this the front bumper you have? If yes to either of these then you've got the sports package!! And to add to greekboy S models also have sport side sills and paddle shifters

Old 06-22-2009, 12:42 AM
Ah thanks popcorn, I have no idea why I forgot the paddles. I love those things! To also play devils advocate I wouldn't consider any version of the lancer or impreza a luxury car. That is besides the point though he is a G owner now

Old 06-22-2009, 12:52 AM
Originally Posted by Greekboy115
Ah thanks popcorn, I have no idea why I forgot the paddles. I love those things! To also play devils advocate I wouldn't consider any version of the lancer or impreza a luxury car. That is besides the point though he is a G owner now
Exactly why I was so confused about his desire for luxury! The high performance ones are fast, but not at all luxurious.

Yep, G35 is a great compromise between luxo and performance

Old 06-22-2009, 11:16 PM
Ok, I did say a "little" luxury, and I was referring to STI and EVO models of other brands for the "punch". I do not have the sports package, so thanks for all the help people. I don't have an owner's manual, so I'm figuring out how to do something new every time I drive.
Thanks Again,
JB

Old 06-22-2009, 11:51 PM
i'm almost positive you can get the owner's manual online - do some searching around here or google it and I bet it'll come up

Old 06-23-2009, 12:55 AM
Heres an 08 owners manual,might help You some

http://www.infinitiusa.com/pdf/techp...5-Sedan-v2.pdf

Old 07-04-2009, 04:24 PM
Thanks everyone, I found out I have the Journey w/premium package (just found the tiny third set of speakers in the front of the doors, above the bottom edge of the window), w/o navi. I purchased online PDF's from payloadz.com and learned about setting the rear view mirror compass' region and setting the seat/steering column memories. I'm loving her more and more every time I drive.
I have been searching the forums, and I have another question. Before I post anyone know:

With the 2007's HR engine, OEM dual ram intake, and improved exhaust, will I see similar HP gains by adding short polished intake, Stillen or Borla cat-back exhaust, or plenum spacer? Common sense tells me the answer is a strong "no, but you will see minimal gain and thicker, more aggresive sound. (as opposed to owners of 280hp DE engines in earlier models)" And if this is the case, and I want to spend 2-3k, what will give me most bang for buck?

Can anyone direct me to a post on this topic or suggest keywords for search?

Old 07-04-2009, 05:19 PM
Thanks, I now know I have Journey with premium package w/o navi. I finally found the 3rd set of tiny speakers in the front doors at window level.
I got PDF manuals at payloadz.com for $9.99 ($150.00 for a replacement manual, $100.00 for a used manual with no pen or key chain on ebay?? Instead, I'm thinking about printing my pdf's out at a kinkos and stitching up my own leather case using a dirty chamois and a stapler. I'll finish the package with a fancy Pharmaceutical pen - I'll sell my manuals for $25.00, $30.00 if you want one spray-painted black, $40.00 for the deluxe model that will employ used boot laces for stitching.)
Sorry about that. I have actually learned a few things from the quick reference and full manual. I changed the region code on my rear view mirror compass, and have learned how to use the seat/driving column memories. Still having trouble with the trip menu settings.
I have been searching posts to figure something else out:

So, I have a 2007 sedan with newer HR engine. A local shop said that by upgrading to short ram intake and Stillen or Borla exhaust, I will get 20+ more hp. Because the 2007 already has a pretty good dual ram air and improved exhaust (over DE engine in earlier models), will I really see that much improvement? I’ve found similar threads, but none specifically addressing the difference between how similar upgrades affect the DE vs. HR engines. I get the impression most advertising claims refer to gains for the older, DE package.
Can anyone direct me to a thread or suggest keywords before I start a thread?

Last edited by Jon81035; 07-04-2009 at 05:21 PM. Reason: grammar
Old 07-04-2009, 06:42 PM
Received 213 Likes on 156 Posts
Originally Posted by greekboy115
no problem , to answer your other question. The s package has a tighter suspension, 18" wheels, bigger brakes (only non-x models if i'm not mistaken), sport seats, different front bumper and i think thats all. Others will fill in i'm sure if i forgot something. There is no extra engine upgrades on the sport models.
lsd!

Old 07-04-2009, 09:43 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Greekboy115
No problem , to answer your other question. The S package has a tighter suspension, 18" wheels, bigger brakes (only non-x models if i'm not mistaken), sport seats, different front bumper and I think thats all. Others will fill in i'm sure if I forgot something. There is no extra engine upgrades on the Sport models.
Originally Posted by soundmike
lsd!
The GCC spec cars over here have all of those except for the bumper and sport seats...
I wish we had the sport seats though...wonder how much a pair would cost...
Anyone have an idea of the cost?