G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Buyers Remorse. Trading in 2mo old Sedan For Coupe

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-04-2009, 11:18 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Buyers Remorse. Trading in 2mo old Sedan For Coupe

That's it. I had decided that I'm just gonna trade in my 2 month old sedan for a coupe. Please let me know if I'm just being extremely impulsive.

I came from driving a regular Mazda to the G37 sedan. When I was car shopping I had my mind on a nice looking and quick sedan. I'm 25 and thought that I wanted something on the classier side so I looked at a 328i and G37 sedan. Ended up getting a blue slate G37 sedan, non-sport. I had never had a powerful car before so I completely fell in love with the performance of the G37. I find myself eventually driving it harder after the break-in period and started to enjoy the sportiness of it even more.

Before the purchase I had wanted something more practical and classy, but now I am leaning more towards the performance side of the vehicle. Whenever I walk outside and see my sedan, it just doesn't have the sporty look that I now want. I spend alot of time researching on new rims, tires, brakes, suspensions, body parts, etc. Then I drove side by side next to a black coupe today and it got me thinking that maybe I should just trade my sedan in for a coupe. If I'm going to be spending an extra 4k on making my sedan look sportier, I might as well just get a coupe. I get the 19" oem rims that I LOVE, the sportier suspension, bigger brakes, much sexier exterior, and another big plus would be the 6mt instead of 7at currently on my sedan.

I don't know how much extra I will have to fork out trading in a now depreciated car for a more expensive coupe. I feel silly for feeling this big buyers remorse. Quite honestly I had no idea what I wanted when I walked into the dealerships as I was never much of a car enthusiast until I started driving this car and now I'm hooked. Any advice would be appreciated.

Old 07-04-2009, 11:23 AM
Received 80 Likes on 65 Posts
Honda Accord
Non sport. There you go. Your fist mistake.
Sport package makes your car feel so much better in terms of sporty wise.

BTW, G37 sedan is faster than the coupe.

So yeah, you ARE being extremely impulse, IMO.

Old 07-04-2009, 11:49 AM
I have a 08 g35 sedan. I bought the X. Should I have gone the S route? Yes. I want to get coilovers and stagger my wheels and the X makes it a little more difficult lol.

I too felt a little buyers remorse but the more and more I drive the sedan and look at it the more I love it. Give her a good detail and let the mystique of the sedan pull you back in

I personally like the styling of the sedan much more. I prefer the rear end of the sedan and front end compared to the coupe. I just wish I went with sport so I have the sport seats and paddle shifters ( after install on sedan is an option ).

I would save the money you would lose on the switch and use it for coilovers and wheels and you will indeed love her

Old 07-04-2009, 12:09 PM
Originally Posted by B L U E S L A T E
Non sport. There you go. Your fist mistake.
Sport package makes your car feel so much better in terms of sporty wise.

BTW, G37 sedan is faster than the coupe.

So yeah, you ARE being extremely impulse, IMO.
I live in Guam and there is only 1 Infiniti dealer here. The only sport sedan they had was liquid platinum, which i really didn't like. And ordering one would've taken at least 3 months so I just went with the non-sport.

Old 07-04-2009, 12:12 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by herbiehancock00
That's it. I had decided that I'm just gonna trade in my 2 month old sedan for a coupe. Please let me know if I'm just being extremely impulsive.

I came from driving a regular Mazda to the G37 sedan. When I was car shopping I had my mind on a nice looking and quick sedan. I'm 25 and thought that I wanted something on the classier side so I looked at a 328i and G37 sedan. Ended up getting a blue slate G37 sedan, non-sport. I had never had a powerful car before so I completely fell in love with the performance of the G37. I find myself eventually driving it harder after the break-in period and started to enjoy the sportiness of it even more.

Before the purchase I had wanted something more practical and classy, but now I am leaning more towards the performance side of the vehicle. Whenever I walk outside and see my sedan, it just doesn't have the sporty look that I now want. I spend alot of time researching on new rims, tires, brakes, suspensions, body parts, etc. Then I drove side by side next to a black coupe today and it got me thinking that maybe I should just trade my sedan in for a coupe. If I'm going to be spending an extra 4k on making my sedan look sportier, I might as well just get a coupe. I get the 19" oem rims that I LOVE, the sportier suspension, bigger brakes, much sexier exterior, and another big plus would be the 6mt instead of 7at currently on my sedan.

I don't know how much extra I will have to fork out trading in a now depreciated car for a more expensive coupe. I feel silly for feeling this big buyers remorse. Quite honestly I had no idea what I wanted when I walked into the dealerships as I was never much of a car enthusiast until I started driving this car and now I'm hooked. Any advice would be appreciated.

The feeling i had after i bought the car is exactly the same that you are going through. If you have money to throw around, do it. otherwise, trust me, you will really enjoy this car. I have had mine for a year now, and am totally loving it.

Old 07-04-2009, 12:16 PM
Originally Posted by sameerg
The feeling i had after i bought the car is exactly the same that you are going through. If you have money to throw around, do it. otherwise, trust me, you will really enjoy this car. I have had mine for a year now, and am totally loving it.
Oh I absolutely enjoy driving it. It always just feels like something's missing because the car is not exactly how I want it. Especially the 7at vs 6mt. I do have money to throw around. I'm making 47k a year and my only financial obligation is pretty much just my car and other costs associated with it.

Old 07-04-2009, 12:59 PM
Oh I absolutely enjoy driving it. It always just feels like something's missing because the car is not exactly how I want it. Especially the 7at vs 6mt. I do have money to throw around. I'm making 47k a year and my only financial obligation is pretty much just my car and other costs associated with it.
So you're basically working for your car? Before you trade in your G37 sedan, for a coupe, you should find out how much the dealer will give you for the trade in and your new out the door cost for your coupe. You're probably going to lose $4K in depreciation alone on top of the additional cost for the coupe. One other thing to consider is the fact that your insurance will go up if you go from a sedan to a coupe.

Old 07-04-2009, 02:29 PM
I went through the same remorse as well. However, like some others here, just don't care the look of the new coupes. I loved the coupe until they changed it, so now I drive a Sedan which I really like the looks of. You should browse the pictures section because there are some incredible looking sedans, some much better than the coupes.

Old 07-04-2009, 02:53 PM
Received 55 Likes on 49 Posts
Originally Posted by 07G35S6MTTech
So you're basically working for your car? Before you trade in your G37 sedan, for a coupe, you should find out how much the dealer will give you for the trade in and your new out the door cost for your coupe. You're probably going to lose $4K in depreciation alone on top of the additional cost for the coupe. One other thing to consider is the fact that your insurance will go up if you go from a sedan to a coupe.

That's the money statement right there. Your total cost may be 7-8k, if not more.

If you can live with the 7AT, don't trade it in. You can't really do anything about the sport seats, but you can easily add the sport big brakes, coilovers and swaybars (assuming you don't have the X) and come out far less than your out of pocket costs to get into the coupe.

Old 07-05-2009, 01:43 AM
or perhaps save for a little while and get the new G37S 6mt hardtop convertible - seems like it would be awfully nice in guam!

i personally feel the sedan is significantly better looking than the coupe - the coupe looks feminine to me. but it is just an opinion among many. good luck!

Old 07-05-2009, 01:59 AM
just get the mods....and you'll feel better about the car.LOL...let the mod bug bite you hard and then you'll be enjoying your sedan.

the coupe sucks after a while, it feels sporty..u the lack of room, and moving seats to let people in n out is a hassle.LOL

i dont think 6-8k is something to throw around in depreciation, even if you make good money, thats still money..just my .02

Old 07-05-2009, 11:07 AM

Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts
I do have money to throw around. I'm making 47k a year and my only financial obligation is pretty much just my car and other costs associated with it.
If you already have your OWN home free and clear, go straight to a GT-R.

BUT if you do NOT own your own home, real property > car anyday.

Mod your sedan, buy your own home, then get a GT-R

Old 07-05-2009, 12:58 PM
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
buy some rims and drop it, then tell us it doesn't look "sporty".

Old 07-05-2009, 01:19 PM
Received 217 Likes on 146 Posts
Come to the darkside my son

Old 07-05-2009, 02:02 PM
Received 995 Likes on 727 Posts
Great decision. No one likes the sedan.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Buyers Remorse. Trading in 2mo old Sedan For Coupe