G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

2010 g37..... Changes Announced!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-05-2009 | 10:20 PM
Originally Posted by link
quit trying to start shit with me.

I'm not pickin a fight with you. You're acting childish.

go kick your dog if you're that pissed off.

More is better.
Having a usb port is better than having no usb port. No one can disagree with that. infiniti finally figured it out, and is offering it in the 2010 G.

why do we need one more way to connect? it's called COMPATIBILITY. Not everyone has an ipod. and some people have other usb devices in addition to an ipod.
So stop being so stubborn and narrowminded.

and bluetooth should be standard in all luxury and nearluxury cars.

Long overdue means it should've been included years ago. It has nothing to do with whether i own one or not. My comment would be the same even if i owned a 2009 G.
So get off my back and go hump someone else's leg
^+1000, it's like we have a 14 year old bully on the forums, what the heck? i'd expect to see these kind of taunts on like an xbox360 forum or somethin'. i'd say he's a troll, but he seems to have a legitimate # of posts on here... anyway, enjoy your g, you are entitled to your opinion just like everyone else.

Old 08-06-2009 | 12:26 AM
looks like it's only aesthetic changes for both Gs. no performance upgrades no DI.

good thing too. nissan would've received a pretty pissed of letter if they had a major upgrade the year after the g37 release.

Old 08-06-2009 | 12:37 AM
ha - i'm not a troll. im just sick of link and his incessant posts about how the g35/37 doesn't have so many things and that it's on the "short-bus", and i quote, because it doesn't.

not every car has to have every luxury feature known to man. that's what makes cars different, each have different features - who would want every car to be the same? thats how you decide on a car, it's what works best for you

i'm glad you don't work at infiniti though, my car would have been like 5-grand more expensive than it was!

i know i come off way rude, and i don't really mean to. it's just annoying that you keep saying how much WE (read: g35 owners) are missing out on or how infiniti is shortchanging it's customers. 90% of us have no need for any of those excessive luxury features

and i don't have a dog...?

edit: and not to burst your bubble, but they didn't add bluetooth to the standard car - it's still part of a package. so get over it, one more thing they messed up, eh?

Last edited by popcornten; 08-06-2009 at 01:13 AM.
Old 08-06-2009 | 01:27 AM
Originally Posted by popcornten
ha - i'm not a troll. im just sick of link and his incessant posts about how the g35/37 doesn't have so many things and that it's on the "short-bus", and i quote, because it doesn't.

not every car has to have every luxury feature known to man. that's what makes cars different, each have different features - who would want every car to be the same? thats how you decide on a car, it's what works best for you

i'm glad you don't work at infiniti though, my car would have been like 5-grand more expensive than it was!

i know i come off way rude, and i don't really mean to. it's just annoying that you keep saying how much WE (read: g35 owners) are missing out on or how infiniti is shortchanging it's customers. 90% of us have no need for any of those excessive luxury features

and i don't have a dog...?

edit: and not to burst your bubble, but they didn't add bluetooth to the standard car - it's still part of a package. so get over it, one more thing they messed up, eh?
I'm with popcornten.

Link, you've been looking to buy a G for the past 2 years! Just buy one already and start enjoying it.

Old 08-06-2009 | 03:22 AM
Originally Posted by NoG35S
I'm with popcornten.

Link, you've been looking to buy a G for the past 2 years! Just buy one already and start enjoying it.
He can't, because it'll never have ALL the features he wants at the price he wants to pay . Besides, he secretly wants a Lexus, but is still trying to convince himself to buy the G

Old 08-06-2009 | 03:36 AM
I don't think he'll ever buy one.

Old 08-06-2009 | 03:59 AM
Him having or buying one really doesn't matter, he made some good points there.
It's nice to have someone that didn't drink the cool aid commenting too, otherwise the forum would be nothing but praises

Back to the topic, car makers listens to user feedbacks to see the customers pain points and improve on the next years, and link was pointing that Infiniti seems to be doing that on 2010.

And as a future owner, I'm happy with that.

Old 08-06-2009 | 09:15 AM
I am still looking for a replacement to my 335 that I return soon, but a G37xS or G37S is in my crosshairs. I was pretty set on the 2009 but I'd hate buying a car before at least seeing what the fascia changes are.

For me, the nice upgrades are the rain sensing wipers (I use these all the time on my car and my wife's), the better resolution on the NAV (next generation?), and potentially liking any changes to the exterior - even though I know they'll be very minor and insignificant.

For those on the fence, consider this: The lease rates are really good right now, and if history repeats itself, you'll have to wait until March of 2010 or later considering the late release of a 2010 before the rates start to drop to similar levels on the 2010 model. By then, you'll be that much closer to the release of an all new model in 2012 or thereabouts which means you'll be complaining about being outdated in 1 1/2 years anyway. If you lease, getting one now puts you in a position to trade up to the potentially new 2012 in late 2012 when the prices on that new model will be favorable.

Old 08-06-2009 | 10:24 AM
Originally Posted by NoG35S
I'm with popcornten.

the 2010 may be the year. A car isn't something you buy on impulse

now i'm just waiting for the price hikes to be announced.

and i'm not getting a lexus. I've already crossed that off my list.

and if the 2011 infiniti M looks sex next friday, I may even cross the G off my list.

Last edited by link; 08-06-2009 at 10:33 AM.
Old 08-06-2009 | 10:26 AM
Originally Posted by popcornten

it's standard in the Journey now. They got it right this time.

Changes for 2010 include:

* New grille design
* New Base model front fascia with new headlight design and separated (from headlights) fog lights
* New Sport model front fascia with integrated fog lights and “blacked out” sport headlights
* New rear fascia
* Revised interior colors
* Revised aluminum interior trim
* New white gauge color scheme
* New center console design with revised lower center stack on automatic transmission equipped models
* New available Advanced Climate Control System (ACCS) – automatically shuts outside air vents when exhaust fumes are detected, while its Grape Polyphenol Filter removes airborne allergens from the cabin and the Plasmacluster™ air purifier uses charged ions to help reduce or neutralize airborne germs
* Standard 8-way power-adjustable passenger seat and one-touch auto up/down rear windows on Base model
* New available next generation Infiniti Hard Drive Navigation System with all-new features, including higher resolution graphics, Zagat Survey® restaurant reviews, XM Weather® reports (in addition to XM NavTraffic®), Speed Limited Advisories and fastest-route-calculation based on statistical traffic data (XM® subscription required, sold separately)
* New available Spanish language support for navigation displays and Voice Recognition functions
* New available USB input plays music from a compatible iPod®, flash drive or other compatible mass storage device
* HomeLink® Universal Transceiver, Bluetooth® Hands-free Phone System and automatic anti-glare rearview mirror added to the Journey model
* Heated seats and heated outside mirrors added to the Journey model
* RearView Monitor now standard on the Journey model
* New Bluetooth® Advanced Audio Distribution Profile (A2DP) included in Navigation Package – allow users to stream two-channel audio from a compatible device to the vehicle audio system
* DVD-Video playback included in Navigation Package
* 2GB Music Box Flash Memory Music Server added to the Premium Package
* New 17-inch wheel design and color
* Two new exterior colors

Old 08-06-2009 | 02:25 PM
haha i'm actually really glad i picked up an 07. i understand new features as a necessity to stay competitive as a company, but i'm of that small minority that wants my g as stripped, light, cheap, and uncomplicated as possible. if i could have had cloth and crank windows i would have bought my car that way. that said, i understand why buyers want these features, and more power to infiniti for providing them. interested to see the new interior setup on the '10.

just one thing infiniti - please please please keep the non-sunroof car as an option! thanks!

Old 08-06-2009 | 02:47 PM
^^I was just like pearl when I got my first G35 coupe back in 04. The 6MT with only aero package (rear spoiler). Got it at $31k OTD after my VPP and strong negotiations.

However, once the 06 came out with projection headlights, new 19'' wheels, upgraded radio and other interior bits, I became green with envy. Traded in my 04 and leased an 06 for the 12 month special for dirt cheap (d@mn good trade in on my 04 as well).

Like some others, I bought my 08 G35S 6MT in January 09 with crazy rebates ($5k) on top of my VPP discount. It was the last 6MT in the midwest (which obviously don't sell that well in the area), and I got a total of $8k off MSRP.

No way am I complaining about my car, but I've always wanted separate fog lights, blacked out headlight housing, and a better looking rear fascia (i love the current sport bumper and 18 in wheels). Maybe I can just keep updating my car's parts to keep up with the Joneses...

Old 08-06-2009 | 03:38 PM
Originally Posted by infinitipearl
haha i'm actually really glad i picked up an 07. i understand new features as a necessity to stay competitive as a company, but i'm of that small minority that wants my g as stripped, light, cheap, and uncomplicated as possible. if i could have had cloth and crank windows i would have bought my car that way. that said, i understand why buyers want these features, and more power to infiniti for providing them. interested to see the new interior setup on the '10.

just one thing infiniti - please please please keep the non-sunroof car as an option! thanks!

i am almost like you.

The 2010 journey with no extra options sounds like the perfect model for me..... depending on whether USB port can be added later or not.

I don't want the moonroof either. I never use the one i have right now. and they all seem to rattle years later.

2010 journey =
heated/vent seats, mirrors.
climate control.
Auto on/off headlights
backup cam
bluetooth.
no moonroof
USB????
if i wanted an audio system, i would never go with Bose anyway.

that's plenty for me. more features for the same price hopefully

Old 08-06-2009 | 04:39 PM
2008 G35 Journey Sedan no sunroof
Originally Posted by infinitipearl
i'm of that small minority that wants my g as stripped, light, cheap, and uncomplicated as possible.
+2

And G is one of the few cars in its class which has a no sunroof option. Sunroof is standard on IS250/350, TSX, TL, 3-series, 5-series, C-class, E-class, A4, etc.

I loved the big sunroof in my old '92 Q45, but sunroofs these days are smaller (curtain airbags eat up space) -- and you're just sucking in exhaust/dust/dirt kicked up by the cars in front of you. Run your hand over the headliner after a few years of sunroof use and you'll understand.

Old 08-06-2009 | 05:53 PM
link what are you driving now? it'd be interesting to see what you're upgrading from

and no hard feelings man, glad you've pretty much settled on an infiniti at least . seems like an M might be a better fit for you, it should come with all those luxo features left off a base G35

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2010 g37..... Changes Announced!