G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

City Life with the G35...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-02-2009, 09:27 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
City Life with the G35...

Someone asked this question on another forum I frequent, figured I'll ask it here.

For those of us who lives in, and drives around the city regularly, how's your G holding up against the "terrain"; potholes, street parking, ahole cab drivers, etc?

As for myself, so far so good, I specifically avoid the FDR when heading uptown that POS is a pothole haven.

Old 12-02-2009, 10:01 AM
by "around the city" do you only mean NY or are you including other cities as well?

Old 12-02-2009, 10:30 AM
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
it can get rough if you drop it, otherwise, at stock height, no problems at all.

Old 12-02-2009, 10:43 AM
Originally Posted by Rutland
by "around the city" do you only mean NY or are you including other cities as well?
No.

Any and everyone that drives in the city are welcome to comment. Not limited to just NYC.

Chi, LA, SF, HOU, DC, MIA, Boston, etc.

Old 12-02-2009, 11:30 AM
here in Atlanta...The car is a pain in stop & go traffic...due of course to the clutch and the jerkiness of the throttle.

However, other than that, it handles most things reasonably well. The wheels seems to scrape easier than most, but the bumper seems fairly resilient and the paint hides most scratches/bruises fairly well. The blind spots do make fitting into gaps and such somewhat difficult at times, but overall, I'm pretty pleased.

Last edited by Rutland; 12-02-2009 at 01:10 PM.
Old 12-02-2009, 11:42 AM
i live near Charlotte NC, its ok a little bumpy but nothing bad

Old 12-02-2009, 08:14 PM
for me living on college campus sucks so bad especially having my car dropped.. scrape a lot ahh

Old 12-02-2009, 09:02 PM
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Im slammed and ride over spped bups, potholes, consrtuction... no real problems but i WILL NOT ride on poor quality rims and tires.

Old 12-03-2009, 12:08 AM
Originally Posted by nghiars
Im slammed and ride over spped bups, potholes, consrtuction... no real problems but i WILL NOT ride on poor quality rims and tires.
dUDE AMEN.. my volks have taken some hits but no air leaks, scratches, etc and all smiles. and i am down on s-techs.. :/

Old 12-03-2009, 11:41 AM
I live in sunny Los Angeles...HORRIBLE roads. Some are good, most suck. Freeways are terrible too.

I would not drop it - and even now with the varying heights of curbs, valets, weird entry/exit angles, and pot holes...stock height is a must.

If you live in say, Dallas or Pheonix...do what you will.

I've replaced 3 of my 4 19's in less than two years due to road hazard. And i'm super retentive about where i park, road speed, how close to curbs, etc...

My .02...

Old 12-03-2009, 01:10 PM
Originally Posted by ParkStr8
I live in sunny Los Angeles...HORRIBLE roads. Some are good, most suck. Freeways are terrible too.

I would not drop it - and even now with the varying heights of curbs, valets, weird entry/exit angles, and pot holes...stock height is a must.

If you live in say, Dallas or Pheonix...do what you will.

I've replaced 3 of my 4 19's in less than two years due to road hazard. And i'm super retentive about where i park, road speed, how close to curbs, etc...

My .02...
sucks when i go to bars/clubs in LA, as i am super careful.. Im from OC... haha love my suburban parkways..

Old 12-03-2009, 01:41 PM
Received 61 Likes on 49 Posts
Cali has drastic variation of road conditions.
In Socal, OC area is the road conditions are very good especially South OC like Irvine.
However, as you get closer to LA.. the fwy's are all tore up..
I try avoid taking my G around LA as much as possible but sometimes just inevitable.
And it hurts to hear metal when I scrape.. I cringe in my seat! *shudders*

Old 12-03-2009, 02:31 PM
I'm slammed in Los Angeles, but I'm still riding on stock wheels. Potholes and sh1tty freeways are a bitch, as are bad driveways and parking garages with speedbumps. My plastic under tray has ripped off and my exhaust scratches every where, but I think its worth it. It's pretty stressful, because I bottom out everywhere, but with my 50 sidewall tires I don't have to worry about wheel damage (i hope).

Edit: Dips on the freeways are also an issue but I'm taking off my undertray tomorrow so that it doesn't keep scraping on the freeway.

Old 12-03-2009, 02:46 PM
Driving around the bouroughs gets rough especially in my coupe=/
I refuse to take my car into manhatten though afraid it wont come out!

Old 12-03-2009, 04:05 PM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by a1exder
Driving around the bouroughs gets rough especially in my coupe=/
I refuse to take my car into manhatten though afraid it wont come out!
I am in Manhattan a lot, practically every week... and have the battle scars to prove it. Have a bumper guard, Parktronic sensors and a Boyo camera and still aholes average a scratch every two weeks or so. I wanted to have my rear bumper repainted but it's pointless as it's only a matter of not very long time before someone does something to it again. Dropping for me is a No-no - driving around Manhattan in a dropped G is bravery bordering on insanity, and I am pretty much stuck with stock rims due to inevitable curb rash

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: City Life with the G35...