G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Hyuandai Copying???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-04-2009, 08:44 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Inyong1988
what about genesis coupe? and what kia are you talking about? Can you be more specific?

I'm pretty sure everyone on this thread are talking based on that interior of new sonata. Just read the post #1. You just call it kia and hyundai as a copy cat who has NO originality and funny. Think wise.

Not everyone was just talking about this picture. Read all the responses. But if you look at the responses people think it looks like the G interior.

Take a look at the Gen coupe and the g37 coupe side by side and tell me if they don't look similar. They screwed up the interior and it looks cheap and feels cheap too but the exterior looks really similar. Not to mantion about the building quality they missed. One of my guy had one of these coupes and sold it after 3 months and 9 visits to the dealer.

Here is the list he had problem with.

Grinding gears shifting 5-4 and 4-3 (New transmission and same problem with it)
rear small window sticking out 1/4 inch(they said to him that is normal after the car had wet interior)
hood alignment is way off (fixed it for him)
airbag light was flickering on and off(they could not find the problem)
Radio unit turned off on him when he was driving the car
Start up push buttom sometimes did not work

It was riding the flat bad 2 times in 3 months.

I am sure he had some other problems too but I can't recall. He used to have a huge list when he was going to Hyundai. Anyways he was so pissed every Monday had different stories. After 3 months he gave up took a bite and sold it with loss and bought another brand. He is happy since.

Old 12-04-2009, 10:23 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Have you heard of a term lemon? LOL

I know someone who drove out of a BMW dealer with a brand new fully loaded 5 series... a day later that sucker wouldn't start! wtf... had to tow it to the dealer not once but twice in that month.. I hear they are known to have electrical problems. So does this mean BMW's are crap? LOL

Old 12-04-2009, 10:34 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile well also my cousings a mechanic hes

when i came to buy my g i was looking at bmws mercedes n the acura tl and he advised me go for the g cause it comes from nissan n there pretty good also acura from honda but dont go for the bmw or merceces they have to many electrical problems n so far im pretty happy with my car

Old 12-04-2009, 11:07 AM
copy cat

Old 12-04-2009, 11:16 AM
-MN G Crew-

Received 205 Likes on 157 Posts
The HVAC controls look like Volvo Controls.

Old 12-04-2009, 11:27 AM
Originally Posted by jibberjabbers
It does look similar, but it looks a little better than the G37. And a LOT better than the G35.
don't the G35 and the G37 have the same interior?

Old 12-04-2009, 12:01 PM
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Here's a copy of my post from another forum way back when. It was an 03 Tiburon GT (v6 5spd).

It's a list of the problems and issues with the car since ownership.

Here's mine: 03 Tib GT V6 5spd, 85,000km's
(4yr old car)

- flywheel (original 2piece separated,wobbled and screwed up the clutch ssembly and bearing)
- clutch kit (bearing too)
- starter
- four 02 sensors, hyundai used the wrong kind for first year model, and they crapped out. THANKS TO NT.com for info about getting them replaced under warranty, dealer tried blaming it on my exhaust.
- computer module that deals with turn signals and lighting (yah the whole CPU) replaced, turn signal would stay on all the time.
- two seized rear calipers (first passenger side, a year later the driver's)
- rear passenger side wheel bearing (car's not lowered, didn't hit any major potholes or curb)
- door lock actuator
- driveshaft cv joint shot (after the 6 month of owning it, did not abuse car)
- factory battery died after 3 yrs of use, dealer told me off, then i bought a mastercraft.
- broken interior air vent adjuster tab
- burnt out climate control light bulb. replaced
- power window motor replaced driver side
- air conditioner needed recharge after 3 yrs
- trunk spring actuator needs replacement / readjustment (doesnt pop open when using the interior button). no time lately to figure it out.
- brake lines were moved, hyundai defect recall
- front stabilizer rods shot, needed to be cut off, replaced when installing clutch
- sunroof motor replaced, was hesitating to open close, it came off track all by itself somehow and the motor cooked, warranty job.
- passenger door hinge (kept squeaking unbearably loud, grease didnt work, dealer replaced it)
- spoiler pads were too thin, chipped the paint off the trunk, hyundai recalled it, repainted trunk.
- spare keyless entry remote doesn't work / needs re-programming, i dunno. tried new battery, still not working.

damn, after reading this list i just made i feel like

HYUNDAI POWER
Since that list, the Crank Angle Position Sensor went, another $300 later. On top of that, I was banned from my dealership for reaming out the service manager when the car got all scratched due to the mechanics fat asses. then following time i went there, they wouldnt service the car and threatened to call the cops.HAHAHA FAWKERS!

And that my friends is Hyundai. I wish that BS on no one, even people I hate (like hyundais service manager).

Just TRY and imagine what all that BS and times at the dealer felt like, how much time and nerves were wasted. The 03 Tiburon was supposed to be "the new hyundai", with quality and all that. it wasn't a lemon as these problems were common to the majority of users on the boards there.
mine looked a lot like this, before I started some exterior mods.

Old 12-04-2009, 12:20 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Enough of this hyundai talk! every brand of cars have their horror stories...

I think the 2010 hyundais are great! and they've comoe a loong way since their introduction way back in time.. I also think they come a long way since 2003 with the introduction of the genesis coupe..

But at the end of the day I'm a proud owner of an infiniti! =)

Old 12-04-2009, 07:27 PM
Received 41 Likes on 26 Posts
do I see a flame decal on the side of the tiburon? :O

Old 12-04-2009, 08:47 PM
^not my car, just a random google pic.

^^and I made it my life's work to decrease their sales any way I can. I personally and knowingly steered 4 sales away from them, almost 5 but the guys gf LOVED the accent hatch.

Old 12-04-2009, 10:01 PM
Received 137 Likes on 128 Posts
Originally Posted by johnnyzee
^not my car, just a random google pic.

^^and I made it my life's work to decrease their sales any way I can. I personally and knowingly steered 4 sales away from them, almost 5 but the guys gf LOVED the accent hatch.
Might be time to move on, Hyundais have come the furthest of any auto maker in the shortest amount of time. An 03 Hyundai is light years from where they are now. I own a G because IMO it's the best car for the money, but you'd better believe Toyota/Nissan/Honda are definately paying attention to Hyundai now. Drive an new Hyundai Veracruz SUV or an new Genesis Sedan and I bet even you would admit they're a quality ride.
My next vehicle will probably be another Infinity, but I'll bet Hyundai will narrow the gap even more to make them a serious contender.

Old 12-05-2009, 11:11 AM
Received 116 Likes on 110 Posts
Originally Posted by blnewt
Might be time to move on, Hyundais have come the furthest of any auto maker in the shortest amount of time. An 03 Hyundai is light years from where they are now. I own a G because IMO it's the best car for the money, but you'd better believe Toyota/Nissan/Honda are definately paying attention to Hyundai now. Drive an new Hyundai Veracruz SUV or an new Genesis Sedan and I bet even you would admit they're a quality ride.
My next vehicle will probably be another Infinity, but I'll bet Hyundai will narrow the gap even more to make them a serious contender.
Granted, Hyundai is young in the car buisness but it has been making cars since 1968 (the Cortina) when they initiatly started a 2 year contract with Ford and then in 1974 used Mitsubishi tech to manufacture the Pony in Korea.
It shouldn't take 41 years to finally make something people view as a quality vehicle especially when so much of the technology, these days, is 'shared'.
True, they are getting better but could they have gotten any worse?

Old 12-05-2009, 05:10 PM
Saw a genesis coupe today and at first glance coulda SWORN it was a G37 coupe.

The only new korean car I think looks neat is the Kia koupe. Dont ask me why, I know the car is sorta a flop technically :-)

Old 12-05-2009, 06:43 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yerah the front grill a little screwed and the interior is cheap. But againb it is cheaper than the G37.

Old 12-06-2009, 01:21 AM
Originally Posted by blnewt
And your basis of knowledge that an 03 hyundai is "light years away" from present comes from where? the 2.7L Delta (GK series) motor, as well as associated parts/sensors, are still used to this day in their new cars. how long is your interpretation of a light year?

the only reason they are a contender of anything is their price and initial "bang for the buck" (exactly why i bought the tiburon). there's a reason they're cheap, but i'll let you figure that one out, i already did.

but hey, don't believe me, i only owned one. prove me wrong

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Hyuandai Copying???