G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Infiniti Dealership, $750 Inspection Fee for CPO??? Please Help

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-21-2009, 08:20 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Infiniti Dealership, $750 Inspection Fee for CPO??? Please Help

Hey All,

I'm currently looking at a 2008 G35 Sedan CPO for $26,000 with 18,000 miles. The dealership informed me there will be a $750 inspection fee to certify the car. I was never aware of such a fee. How much can I expect to be able to negotiate the overall price. How much can I expect dealership fees, documents fee, etc. to be?

Thank you all for the help in advance!

Old 12-21-2009, 08:42 PM
To my understanding is that in order to be CPO, the dealer must do a thorough inspection and replace some parts as needed. Some car makers also add extended warranty to their CPOs. So, if the car is not classified as CPO, yes you should pay the fee to get it certified.

Can you give the exact specs for the car?

Old 12-21-2009, 08:44 PM
the car is listed as a CPO car.... what do you mean by specs? It is a rear wheel drive.

Old 12-21-2009, 08:45 PM
I didnt know if $750 is for the inspection when i got my CPO G they told me the was for the certification. Just keep negotiating with the dealer. The dealer knocked 4k off the list price when i bought my car last year.

Old 12-21-2009, 08:46 PM
Originally Posted by TLeong
the car is listed as a CPO car.... what do you mean by specs? It is a rear wheel drive.
specs = All options that come with the car.

Old 12-21-2009, 08:47 PM
Originally Posted by aznxkidz8
I didnt know if $750 is for the inspection when i got my CPO G they told me the was for the certification. Just keep negotiating with the dealer. The dealer knocked 4k off the list price when i bought my car last year.
Thanks for advice. I just wanted to make sure that the $750 wasn't something the dealership was trying to slip past me. aznxkidz8, how much were the documentation fees, dealership fees, etc.? If you don't mind me asking.

Old 12-21-2009, 08:50 PM
Originally Posted by gooddeal2
specs = All options that come with the car.
Premium sound package. non-nav, non-heated seats, sunroof, Auto transmission. Pretty basic. Not sure what options come standard. I'm assuming leather and auto headlights are standard, as are power windows.

Thanks for the help.

Old 12-21-2009, 09:01 PM
This is what I have learned from going to a couple dealers. If the car meets the requirements to be certified it CAN not MUST be certified. For the dealer to certify it, a fee is involved (the 750 you state or I have heard 900...probably depends on the area). I would imagine some dealers do the inspection as part of the lot prep. I was told by one dealer, that I could certify any car on his lot for $900 b/c they had already been through the inspection but didnt come with the warranty and thus the certification. He also told me the ones that were already certified, he would take $900 off the price and remove the warranty, and thus the certification.

I am sure there are differences with each dealer. Bottom line is if you have a car that is certifiable there will be a fee either baked into the price, or that you will have to pay. If I were you, I would offer what you thought was a fair price for the car and forget about talking individual fees.

Sounds like the car you are looking at is a journey (no premium package which would give you heated seats among many other things). Price wise sounds alright (not awesome, but not too bad)...I would just want more equipment.

Old 12-21-2009, 09:07 PM
Originally Posted by baksdak
This is what I have learned from going to a couple dealers. If the car meets the requirements to be certified it CAN not MUST be certified. For the dealer to certify it, a fee is involved (the 750 you state or I have heard 900...probably depends on the area). I would imagine some dealers do the inspection as part of the lot prep. I was told by one dealer, that I could certify any car on his lot for $900 b/c they had already been through the inspection but didnt come with the warranty and thus the certification. He also told me the ones that were already certified, he would take $900 off the price and remove the warranty, and thus the certification.

I am sure there are differences with each dealer. Bottom line is if you have a car that is certifiable there will be a fee either baked into the price, or that you will have to pay. If I were you, I would offer what you thought was a fair price for the car and forget about talking individual fees.

Sounds like the car you are looking at is a journey (no premium package which would give you heated seats among many other things). Price wise sounds alright (not awesome, but not too bad)...I would just want more equipment.
I'm coming from an X5 which had heated seats/heated steering wheel which was AMAZING. However, to get heated seats (not sure if there's a heated steering wheel for the G35), would cost an additional $5k (for the package). Sure, it would come with other features, but the heated seats are great.... maybe not $5k great, but great nonetheless. haha.

Thank you all for the help clarifying this issue!

Any other advice regarding the car and/or negotiating the price, please chime in! Thanks!

Old 12-21-2009, 09:07 PM
Originally Posted by TLeong
Premium sound package. non-nav, non-heated seats, sunroof, Auto transmission. Pretty basic. Not sure what options come standard. I'm assuming leather and auto headlights are standard, as are power windows.

Thanks for the help.
IMO, $26,750 is a good price for CPO w/ Premium package w/ 18k miles as long as the car has never been in the body shop before.

However, if it has the premium sound which is part of the premium package, it should have the heated seat. If it doesn't come w/ the Premium package, 26K is more reasonable.

Old 12-21-2009, 09:13 PM
Thanks gooddeal2 for your help. I'm assuming it does not have the premium package because it does not stipulate heated front seats, whereas another 2008 G35 sedan offers "heated front seats". As far the sound is concerned, I might have misread the details. It reads "Premium sound system" which would be different from "Premium sound package". From my understand, the "package" would also have the ipod connector. The post does not stipulate anything ipod-related.

I would also enjoy some more options, this will be something I will look into.

There shouldn't be a destination charge since the car is on the lot already right? So as far as fees I should be concerned about, it would just be dealer + documentation fees? I assume these should be less than $300? Please correct if I'm wrong.

Thanks again.

Old 12-21-2009, 09:13 PM
Like stated above, if it does not have heated seats, you do not have premium package. Per the "premium sound" - sounds like this is just one of those dealer terms trying to describe equipment. With the premium package you get the Bose "Studio on Wheels" sound system, otherwise you get the standard system - not sure what that consists of.

You are right, the G35 does not come with a heated steering wheel option.

Old 12-21-2009, 09:18 PM
destination charge = no

dealer fee = most likely no

documentation fees = vary by states. You should look at your previous bill of sales or talk to people in your state.

Old 12-21-2009, 09:20 PM
destination charge = no

documentation fees = vary by states. You should look at your previous bill of sales or talk to people in your state.
Couldnt have said it better myself!

Old 12-21-2009, 09:29 PM
destination charge = no

Not that I doubt you, but what would be your reasoning for no dealer fee? Only so I could bring it up incase they try to charge me.

According to this, New York State has a maximum of $45 for documentation fees. Can anyone confirm this number? Thanks

http://www.edmunds.com/advice/buying...4/article.html

Thanks so much for everyone's input. This forum has such a plethora of knowledge and information!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Infiniti Dealership, $750 Inspection Fee for CPO??? Please Help