G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

So I went to buy out my lease at the local dealer and.....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-12-2010, 07:40 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
So I went to buy out my lease at the local dealer and.....

Even though the contract said it would be the payoff + 150 dealer fee, they tried to add another $695 in dealer fees! I told them I already paid that at the start of the lease. Getting loud didn't help so I told them I'll continue the lease, turn it in when it's over in a few months, and never lease from them again. 3 dealer fees for one car??!? Ridiculous!! A shame too because my wife really wants to keep the car. Maybe I'll try another dealer, but I'm sure it will be the same story....

Old 02-12-2010, 07:48 PM
Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts
that doesnt sound right ..

check another dealership ..

where are you located ??

Old 02-12-2010, 09:15 PM
there is only supposed to be a one time dealer fee and that is when you initially lease the car. I am on a lease too and have inquired that when it will time to buy out all i have to pay is the $150 for the buyout paperwork and thats it. please try another dealership that likes helping their customers and trying to **** them over for money every chance they get. I think you would be better off if you just called infiniti financial services and did the buyout through them

Old 02-12-2010, 09:56 PM
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
yea keep trying different dealers

Old 02-12-2010, 10:05 PM
MoJ
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Review your contract carefully. If you're not contractually bound to pay an additional fee then ask them to put their requirements in writing and politely communicate that you'd like to have your attorney review it. Also, it might not hurt to give Infiniti a call to have them review you situation.

Last edited by MoJ; 02-12-2010 at 10:09 PM.
Old 02-13-2010, 09:38 AM
When does your lease expire? Are they charging add'l fees b/c you're trying to buy the car before lease end?

http://www.leaseguide.com/articles/lease_buyout.htm

Old 02-13-2010, 09:56 AM
Received 84 Likes on 77 Posts
I know that if it was Toyota, and if you are in Texas, you can complain to gulf states toyota and they would be all over their ***.

Old 02-13-2010, 10:58 AM
Thanks for the info guys! I will be sure to try another dealership and post the results. Part of the issue, I'm embarassed to say, is I can't find the original contract. I have every oil change etc..but of course the one piece of paper I need has vanished.

In any event, Infiniti Finance agreed that it is the payoff +150, but they said I must go to the dealer to do it.

I'll keep everyone posted on my progress. Thanks for letting me vent!

Old 02-13-2010, 10:58 AM
Originally Posted by IMA-G-RIDER
that doesnt sound right ..

check another dealership ..

where are you located ??
Oh, I'm in South Florida BTW and this was Sawgrass Infiniti that tried to rake me over the coals!

Old 02-13-2010, 12:23 PM
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Can you negotiate with the leasing company yyourself?

Old 02-13-2010, 12:40 PM
Originally Posted by red00lght
Even though the contract said it would be the payoff + 150 dealer fee, they tried to add another $695 in dealer fees! I told them I already paid that at the start of the lease. Getting loud didn't help so I told them I'll continue the lease, turn it in when it's over in a few months, and never lease from them again. 3 dealer fees for one car??!? Ridiculous!! A shame too because my wife really wants to keep the car. Maybe I'll try another dealer, but I'm sure it will be the same story....
I went through the identical thing at my dealer when I did a buyout. It was labeled as A.M.O. and covers many things. First, it is part of how the dealer makes money on the "paperwork" for the loan and to line the pockets of those involved on the deal. The second thing it covers is "gap insurance" which is the loan company's guarantee that they get their money back in case your normal insurance does not cover the entire cost of the loan in case of an accident. In my case, the loan company was Infiniti Financial. They told me it was "required" as part of the deal. I laughed when I pointed to the box they checked for me that says "optional." The took off $200 dollars, which is the money they make. The difference is the "gap insurance" which is like insurance on top of your existing insurance. If you owe Infiniti $20,000 and you total your car, but your normal insurance company feels it is worth $18,000, the "gap insurance" means you will not pay anything out of pocket on the difference.

I understand your frustration, because it made me mad too, and it took an additional 2 hours to resolve the problem. In the end, my monthly payment on the buy out loan was less than my lease, and I knew I was keeping the car. It did not bother me much, especially because I did ask around (including going to a Nissan dealer). When they compromised by removing $200 from the A.M.O., I agreed to the deal. Which means I paid an additional and unexpected $495, but I got to keep a car I love.

Old 02-13-2010, 01:36 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
If you have contract in writing, it should be enforcable. Call infiniti customer relations number in your owners manual and open a case number up with them. They should be able to help you enforce your written lease contract.

Old 02-13-2010, 08:13 PM
That's what I did. Stuff in contract not being inforced. E-mailed Customer affairs and they called me.

Old 02-14-2010, 08:05 AM
Originally Posted by herschelg123
I went through the identical thing at my dealer when I did a buyout. It was labeled as A.M.O. and covers many things. First, it is part of how the dealer makes money on the "paperwork" for the loan and to line the pockets of those involved on the deal. The second thing it covers is "gap insurance" which is the loan company's guarantee that they get their money back in case your normal insurance does not cover the entire cost of the loan in case of an accident. In my case, the loan company was Infiniti Financial. They told me it was "required" as part of the deal. I laughed when I pointed to the box they checked for me that says "optional." The took off $200 dollars, which is the money they make. The difference is the "gap insurance" which is like insurance on top of your existing insurance. If you owe Infiniti $20,000 and you total your car, but your normal insurance company feels it is worth $18,000, the "gap insurance" means you will not pay anything out of pocket on the difference.

I understand your frustration, because it made me mad too, and it took an additional 2 hours to resolve the problem. In the end, my monthly payment on the buy out loan was less than my lease, and I knew I was keeping the car. It did not bother me much, especially because I did ask around (including going to a Nissan dealer). When they compromised by removing $200 from the A.M.O., I agreed to the deal. Which means I paid an additional and unexpected $495, but I got to keep a car I love.
I am pursuing the same possible move in July. Only have 23k on the clock, Infiniti just replaced my Tranny under warranty. The new Tranny eliminated a hard shift into 3rd gear that was originally fixed last year with a new Valve Body installed, but deteriorated into this poor shift into 3rd gear ONLY. Anyway, for your deal did you get or buy an extended Warranty with your Buyout at lease end?

Old 02-14-2010, 11:19 AM
Originally Posted by almatti
I am pursuing the same possible move in July. Only have 23k on the clock, Infiniti just replaced my Tranny under warranty. The new Tranny eliminated a hard shift into 3rd gear that was originally fixed last year with a new Valve Body installed, but deteriorated into this poor shift into 3rd gear ONLY. Anyway, for your deal did you get or buy an extended Warranty with your Buyout at lease end?
I did not buy an extended warranty. My car had about 34,000 miles on it, and the warranty was about $1645 extra. It would have raised my monthly payment higher than I wanted.

Although the warranty is an important thing, I am making a leap of faith that the car will perform tomorrow as it does today. Scanning through these forums reveals that there are not too many serious problems with our cars when they get older. So I do not expect any problems.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: So I went to buy out my lease at the local dealer and.....